Fighting humans...any suggestions?

I just started this weekly challenge (or 3 day challege) and was surprised at how strong the humans were! I have lv 14 characters that got hit for 120 - 140 against lv 3 humans?!? Wtf?? I was expecting getting hit for 20 - 30. Any advice? Do higher level humans hit for, like 300+ or something crazy like that? Should I make them bleed and run until they die? I haven't started episode 13 so idk.
JodipayneartXcaliber

Comments

• RicKReaPerRicKReaPer Member Posts: 48
    take out the Bruiser first
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Heh another is to level to 16 and still 3 hit them... 1 hit bleed, 2 hit kill, and 3rd hit is their body hitting the floor...
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Might need more then one thread considering how dificult they are! Lol
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    assaults. just layer on that damage.
    Jenny[Deleted User]
    edited February 2016
    @zoson if we're using logic (I know, CRAZY), then a machine gun should take out a human, period, right? They don' take out walkers immediately unless you get a brain shot. But a human can't take an assault and remain standing, logically. Unless they're on PCP. Are these Freeman doing illicit drugs!?
    Governator
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,851
    zoson said:

THIS!!!! You need to evolve with the game.

They introduced bleeding so that lower level human enemies wouldn't be pansies.
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    I found that interrupt works on the humans; so bring a weapon with 100% interrupt!
    I like Zombies!
    javajnkie
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Keep your distance and use ranged weapons (Have at least one shooter or hunter due to the longer range depending on weapon.). Been most of the Challenge twice and it is still doable, though I am guessing at higher levels will be more problematic. Move slowly to draw the humans out, they hide like the zombies.
    ant
  • JodipayneartJodipayneart Member Posts: 72
    Keep distance. But seriously shouldn't the first wave of humans who are lower level be sick or already injured or slow and that is why they are a level 3 or 4 etc. I mean shouldn't they progress the same as we do on abilities and damage? I am very worried that my lower level players will become immediately discouraged and quit. I do not want that to happen they are good players that are working their way up just like everyone else has.
    masmith93 said:

@zoson if we're using logic (I know, CRAZY), then a machine gun should take out a human, period, right? They don' take out walkers immediately unless you get a brain shot. But a human can't take an assault and remain standing, logically. Unless they're on PCP. Are these Freeman doing illicit drugs!?

Modern body armor can stop rifle rounds without an issue. The above video is of an american soldier being *shot in the chest* with an AK47. He literally just gets back up, takes cover, and returns fire.

I think it's too early to call on the difficulty of this challenge. We simply do not know how human HP scales yet. What if it still only takes two hits to kill them at level 15/16?
    Sahara
    Hrm, I just passed level 8 on the first three maps and was still killing in 2 with epic 16 hunter, epic 16 assault, legendary 15 assault. All three have level 17 legendary weapons though.
  • When fighting humans, kill them or they kill you, thats my suggestion
    zoson
  • masmith93 said:

PCP is old school, now invincible dudes run on Bath Salts
    masmith93ggbats
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    zoson said:

and if you don't have any assaults yet, you're just screwed.
  • MikewarriorMikewarrior Member Posts: 28
    Its seems they have a pretty high chance to get critical hits as well, madness
  • thatdamngoodcire777thatdamngoodcire777 Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2016
    Wouldn't think of using assault characters to fight apparently drugged up humans. I would think a really strong shooter and bruiser combo would work. Stun and shoot and repeat. Or use an assault character with intercept and high luck stats and attack with shooter. Other melee characters would seem to get injured/killed too quick and stars would be fallin'. Or maybe distract humans with incoming zombies and shoot them from behind.
  • Yea lower strength in this game doesnt mean much if you can rock a lot of critical attacks.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,751
    Get a level 15 attorney!
    masmith93
    jester said:

Get a level 15 attorney!

You can get level 16 attorneys now, council was upgraded!
    But the level 16s charge 500 supplies/hour. While the 15s charge 250/hour. It would take 2k murders, at least, to pay off that investment.
    Annette578
    It's worth the investment.
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    On other threads people have suggested, that maybe the humans are geared closer to our lvl. and the 3 that shows up is a bug.

But as has been suggested take out the bruisers first.

Another suggestion is if there is a warrior don't bunch your team up.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    Overwatch and critical attacks people. It's all overwatch and critical.
    ggbats
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    The dead humans should reanimate after 1 turn for another round of killing fun
    LadyAquilaGraywolf
    Sipher07 said:

The dead humans should reanimate after 1 turn for another round of killing fun

Great idea!
    Anyone manage the raiders hideout without taking any damage?
This discussion has been closed.