Update 2.8 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    Muzz said:

> Agree with many things you say, except for "Struggle" being responsible for all. But not entering into this.

>

> I've been long know within my guild and friends as a Melee player and it saddens me that the unbalance is so incredible. You get no advantage for being face to face with the walker. A bodyshot from 6 squares away does the same damage as a knife blow straight to the head. A katana swing does less damage than a Assault "loose" bullet. And a full bat to head not stunning? This is just unreal. I have a Shooter that tanks better than a Bruiser... C'mon!

>

> This discussion has been going on for too much time. Needs urgent attention.

I'm in the same boat as you @rfg1982 as I'm mostly a melee player. At least when wrestle worked as before melee was a totally viable strategy.

What I enjoy about the game is picking the right team for the right mission. Sure sometimes there are maps (this week is a good case in point) where going in with 3 hunters or 3 assaults is the correct tactic. However I liked the maps where you had to use a bit more cunning, skill and guile, to keep you're three melee survivors alive, get that spawn count down to zero and emerge victorious on an RSL 31 mission. That is completely out of the window now.

I'm currently on RSL 30 on the challenge. There is only one viable tactic now. Sasha plus two Assaults. I can pretty much guarantee everyone in DTP will end up playing that team, along with everyone in Conquer, Legacy and all the other competitive guilds. There is zero variety. Very very little skill involved. It's plain boring.

I'm not saying the wrestle trait was perfect. I don't think anyone realistically agrees a level 8 scout should be able to defeat a lvl 40 fattie in one move. At least when we had it though the game actually was balanced. Now it is literally just the Sasha and Abe show.

I agree and understand with most you say, except for the "Struggle" part. Let's work together as players to make this better. Thanks for engaging.

I think the Sasha + Assault + Assault thing is because of Ka-boom. Ka-boom is the Challenge set I dislike the most, and I honestly think it is the most boring, repetitive, tedious etc one. All ranged, no fun, no dynamics, no thought once you figure out what/when/where to shoot.

Was this "Farmlands" (or many others), for example, I would still be swinging my katanas and knifes up to RSL 32. Last week we got "Warrior Bonus" for "Fouled Prison", and I wasn't even using Struggle armor. Got 1777 stars and went up to RSL 32. Got stuck in "Handrails". Let's wait a little bit and forget about Struggle.

Melee needs improvement ASAP.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    PutchucoWeekOneWellyLuga
  • AmberBamberAmberBamber Member Posts: 15
    I have a suggestion. How about being able to combine crap weapons and armor to reshuffle perks or to upgrade them 2 1 star upgrade to 2 star max 2 2 star to 3 star max 3 3 star to 4 star max and 5 4 star to 5 star max.

The math being:
    Combine 2 1 star items to get 1 2 star item

Combine 2 2 star items to make 1 3 star item

Combine 3 3 star items to make 1 4 star item

Combine 5 4 star items to make 1 5 star item.

Same math to shuffle perks of the item

After upgrade reset new item to base level of lowest item before upgrade.

Example: combine 3 3 star AR-99 level 20, 22 and 26 would result in 1 4 star level 20 AR-99.

I get a lot of junk items and I for one think that would be cool.

Just my thoughts
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    mik81 said:

Melee and Ranged need different approach when it comes to body shoots. Bigger chances on ranged smaller on melees.

If if had to solve it I'd start here.

Chances like we now have (or less) on ranged, (even) smaller on melees. <--- Fixed that for you. ;)

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    jimmorrison369
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    I definitely concur with no more traits for melee!! I've only just recently got my new perfect scouts and warrior, which are below my original scouts and warrior and not as useful as my others, they have less/no pink stars, same with gear traits! we have enough and don't want the dilution especially since for scout tr is a must and swift strike is very useful to.
    I seen someone else post this before and I think it's a good idea let melee move after they attack.
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526

I have a suggestion. How about being able to combine crap weapons and armor to reshuffle perks or to upgrade them 2 1 star upgrade to 2 star max 2 2 star to 3 star max 3 3 star to 4 star max and 5 4 star to 5 star max.

The math being:

Combine 2 1 star items to get 1 2 star item

Combine 2 2 star items to make 1 3 star item

Combine 3 3 star items to make 1 4 star item

Combine 5 4 star items to make 1 5 star item.

Same math to shuffle perks of the item

After upgrade reset new item to base level of lowest item before upgrade.

Example: combine 3 3 star AR-99 level 20, 22 and 26 would result in 1 4 star level 20 AR-99.

I get a lot of junk items and I for one think that would be cool.

Just my thoughts

In the example of combining 20,22 and 26 what happens with the xp I used to upgrade the 26? What about if I’m on a double xp booster.

I like this theory though. I would use the blue crap gear I’ve been collecting forever and maybe get something useful.

I wouldn’t mind turning 4 epic lvl 22 base gear that all hsve wrestler into something that doesn’t have wrestker.

But it’ll probably get wrestker again. And billet didge too. Since almost 95% of the gear I’ve found all has one or both of those traits.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    AmberBamber
  • 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    "Why have the gas costs for Scavenge Missions gone up?
    - At player level 22 and player level 43 we also saw a rise in the gas costs for scavenge missions. This change, at player level 63, follows the same pattern as we saw before and will see in the future."

Can someone clarify whether or not the gas cost change at level 63 is a typo? Given this pattern, shouldn't the gas costs for scavenge go up at 64? Or maybe the wording for this vague and so I'm getting something else out of it
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @8N8
    Yes, it's a typo. At level 63 it is still 5 gas. Goes up to 6 at level 64
  • 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    Okay, thanks a lot @DoTak!
  • rathbanerathbane Member Posts: 3
    How is raising the gas cost for scavenger mission to 6 a positive balance?
    Monsuta
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @rathbane said:
    > How is raising the gas cost for scavenger mission to 6 a positive balance?

It's not.
    Jadencrambert_necMonsutabanzai
  • NezoNezo Member Posts: 37
    > @rathbane said:
    H̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶s̶ raising the gas cost for scavenger mission to 6 PRODUCES a positive balance SHEET?̶.

Fixed it for ya
    QB34Governator
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    @rfg1982 @Muzz you two have brought up some extremely good points and I’m very much in support of melee buff and that melee vs ranged should be treated differently with stats [I think @mik81 talked about that].
    Troublemaker
  • SecuritySecurity Member Posts: 1
    > @Teeceezy said:
    > Update 2.8 - Notes

Can't update with phone (andriod)
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    mik81 said:

Melee and Ranged need different approach when it comes to body shoots. Bigger chances on ranged smaller on melees.

Yes, totally agree. We have suggested this a while back.
    It has been changed a little bit in favor of melee, but it is almost impossible to tell.

Also agree that more heroes or more traits won’t do any good,
    existing gameplay needs some tweaking. Possibly multiple times, so we don’t overshoot immediately, and get back to endless interrupt/dodge.

I too love, love, love playing melee, especially scouts. But most of my setups have been solely focused on ranged lately, simply because there are so many rounds to play and ranged teams need a heck of a lot less time to blast through. And once I get to the challenging high-lvls melee doesnt offer any advantages to make me reconsider.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    TroublemakerWeekOne
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,744
    Agreed. Everything revolves around body shots, every mission you do is trivial right up until you start to get body shots. RSL 20 is no different to RSL 25 if you can kill everything in one hit, it's only when you start needing 2 hits to kill that it gets difficult. What happens if your ranged survivor gets a body shot at RSL +4? Nothing because they're attacking from a safe distance and can kill unscathed on the next turn. But when a melee survivor does he takes a hit and is likely bruised. Plus you've got piercing to factor in, at least at RSL +5 and gold piercing you can get a regular/crit attack in 30% of attacks. Melee has no chance as it will be 100% body shot and likely insta-struggle the next move.

At the very least we need to push the level which you get body shots for melee to +4/5/6 and on. Or perhaps a piercing weapon trait for melee possibly with slightly higher % chances than it's ranged counterpart. But then you'll just have a lot of annoyed players who now have another must have trait to seek.
    tabernac
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    Can anyone confirm that scavenge mission rewards remained the same after gas cost jumps from 5 to 6? I'm 98% positive they do in which case is a huge load of bull crap
    GovernatorJaden
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @QB34 They go up, but not enough to justify the gas increase.
    GovernatorJaden
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,171
    > @paintbeast said:
    > @QB34 They go up, but not enough to justify the gas increase.

If you’ve only upgraded your Council and have not yet upgraded your survivors, your RSL will be the same, and as a result, the rewards will be the same.

@Teeceezy said that feedback about gas costs will be relayed to the team, so I’m hoping something good comes out of that.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    QB34Shut_UpJaden
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    Thanks @JayZ
  • pradipradi Member Posts: 645
    @Teeceezy Why there is no double supplies bundle like double xp??? If NG can introduce it, I'm sure it will get some more sales. isn't it??
    Line id : 2011406 | email : [email protected]
    Jaden_Lily_
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited October 2017
    I'm hearing supplies cost for crafting badges increases slightly as well once you hit camp lvl 64. 16.5K at camp lvl 63; 18.2K at camp lvl 64. That's an increase of 10.3%

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'