Which one to promote to legendary?

D33J91D33J91 Member Posts: 107
Have enough to promote one of these to legendary. I’m thinking Jimmy. He’s worth taking a punt? Is he good regardless of what the 5th trait is?

Comments

• xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    All are pretty damn nice survivors! You already have so much invested in Robbie, I'd roll the dice with him first
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
    However, I'd say Jimmy is a close 2nd

• D33J91D33J91 Member Posts: 107
    > @xxarea83xx said:
    > All are pretty damn nice survivors! You already have so much invested in Robbie, I'd roll the dice with him first

Thanks for the suggestion. My only feeling is that iron skin is better in every situation over dodge? Could be wrong however. I would absolutely love lucky on either one of them but it’s a punt and can only upgrade one.

If the fifth trait is absolutely dire, which of the two have the better four traits already? @xxarea83xx
    Dodge is the desirable trait if he's regularly on missions where you need him to kill. If you need a random meat shield or could face freemen, Iron Skin is nice for the extra protection. I always find Dodge to be more desirable than Iron skin on every level when used in a walker only level, but thats just me.

> @xxarea83xx said:
    > Dodge is the desirable trait if he's regularly on missions where you need him to kill. If you need a random meat shield or could face freemen, Iron Skin is nice for the extra protection. I always find Dodge to be more desirable than Iron skin on every level when used in a walker only level, but thats just me.

Intersting, I thought that once you are against walkers of +4/5 that they are guaranteed a critical hit and dodge can only reduce that to a ‘normal’ attack.

I was always under the impression in scenarios like that, iron skin was beneficial. Paired with gold iron skin armour, that’s a guaranteed 25% damage reduction on every hit. Or dodge where I have a lucky chance to take zero or full damage. Maybe I’m wrong?
    You also need to remember that scouts are weak on damage control to begin with. Chance to completely dodge the attack and take 0 damage or take SLIGHTLY less damage? Which would you choose?

Me? I would take dodge and equip my scouts with correct badges to give him extra health in that way.

Again, these are just my opinions.

@D33J91 I don't know if you're still debating survivors, but I'd be interested to know which survivor you chose and how it worked out for you. It's not a matter of saying "I told you so." If our roles were reversed, the 5th trait for either of my survivors would be 'defensive stance' or 'vigilant.'

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,197
    Evelyn gets my vote. Power strike is really nice if you pair it with interrupt. Iron skin is a must have for melee IMO or else you'll be losing stars at the slightest hit and be facing hospital time. Get an armour with gold iron skin and a couple damage reduction/health badges and you'll be able to withstand a lot of damage without bruising/struggling. They're all good to be honest, if you get a bad 5th trait you can retire them for ~450 tokens and try the next one :smile:
    > @xxarea83xx said:
    > @D33J91 I don't know if you're still debating survivors, but I'd be interested to know which survivor you chose and how it worked out for you. It's not a matter of saying "I told you so." If our roles were reversed, the 5th trait for either of my survivors would be 'defensive stance' or 'vigilant.'

@xxarea83xx

Not tried either yet but going to at work in a few hours!! I’ll keep you posted!!
  • TetatorTetator Member Posts: 47
    as far as i am concerned, i would not invest in any of these ...

Number one skill i want for my scout is luck as i want "swift strike" and "threat reduction" to activate as often as possible. So Luck is a MUST MUST Have.

After i want avoid as anyway if the scout is hit it will be badly injured. Strong and ruthless are very very nice to have. So if Robby get luck as 5th trait then YEAH invest in him up to the end, but too risky to me. I would rather invest in a scout that has luck, strong and dodge as basic traits.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,098
    All are good. You can take chances on all of the survivors
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY fOuR with OnE hUnDrEd & FiFtY ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Marcus is a beast. I'd go with him. Load him up with damage badges and a weapon with interrupt and you've got a killer. Luck is the ideal fifth trait on him... gotta have it for swift strike, threat reduction, and interrupt. There's a place for waiting for the perfect survivor and a place for working with the best of what you've got. Best of "luck"!
    D33J91
    > @sbf said:
    > Marcus is a beast. I'd go with him. Load him up with damage badges and a weapon with interrupt and you've got a killer. Luck is the ideal fifth trait on him... gotta have it for swift strike, threat reduction, and interrupt. There's a place for waiting for the perfect survivor and a place for working with the best of what you've got. Best of "luck"!

IsMarcus that good? Surely scouts don’t stand in one place long so the fourth trait would be wasted?
    @D33J91 to utilize power-strike on a scout, put an interrupt weapon on him and bait a walker so it comes towards you. Interrupt the dude and your next attack will cause more damage and have a heck of a crit chance. Also works well against freemen or melee outpost defenders that come at you. Since you can make up for strong with damage badges, I'll take power-strike over strong any day.
    WellyLugaD33J91
    > @sbf said:
    > @D33J91 to utilize power-strike on a scout, put an interrupt weapon on him and bait a walker so it comes towards you. Interrupt the dude and your next attack will cause more damage and have a heck of a crit chance. Also works well against freemen or melee outpost defenders that come at you. Since you can make up for strong with damage badges, I'll take power-strike over strong any day.

Thank you!! I have so much to learn still!! I have no idea which scour is the best, constantly leaning new tricks!!
    Cheers @D33J91. There are lots of folks around here who are willing to share knowledge and experience, and you'll get a broad spectrum of advice around here on the forum (everyone's got their preferences, strategies, &c). It can be difficult to choose who's advice to choose when there are differing opinions and ultimately it'll be your own game-play that informs your preferences and opinions. It's also helpful to join a guild if you haven't already, and you'll learn a lot there too.
    @xxarea83xx

Not a great outcome. Tempted to risk my last tokens on Jimmy and roll the dice and hope for luck. Not sure if it’s worth it though. I use Robbie a lot anyway and for now he’s my best scout

It happens all the time.

> @xxarea83xx said:
    > It happens all the time.

So many times I’ve had 4 really good traits and the 5th is such a let down. Guess that’ll teach me haha. But he’s defo useable for now until that elusive perfect scout comes along
    Same here. I have an epic shooter that i'm saving up shooter tokens to promote him. 1st 4 are PERFECT; sure shot, lucky, dodge, and revenge. My luck, I'll be getting defensive stance or vigilant for the last trait, while either Ruthless, Marksman, or Iron Skin would be preferred.

@xxarea83xx

Had this earlier. Would’ve loved iron skin or marksman. I get bullet dodge haha
    If I was in your position I would take a chance on the other two. You can get 400 tokens to retire them so you can get a fair chunk on your tokens back if you get a bad 5th trait. It doesn't take too long to get tokens if you buy them regularly from the trade good shop and you only lose out on about 300 tokens taking a gamble :smile:
    WellyLuga said:

If I was in your position I would take a chance on the other two. You can get 400 tokens to retire them so you can get a fair chunk on your tokens back if you get a bad 5th trait. It doesn't take too long to get tokens if you buy them regularly from the trade good shop and you only lose out on about 300 tokens taking a gamble :smile:

@WellyLuga

You mean the scouts? Take a punt on them both? Both need luck to be good right?
    @xxarea83xx
    @WellyLuga

Has Jimmy turned out better?

About equal, depending on the situation. Although, avoiding defensive stance and vigilant is certainly a plus.

> @xxarea83xx said:
    > About equal, depending on the situation. Although, avoiding defensive stance and vigilant is certainly a plus.

Cheers!!

I’ll keep hunting then haha
    I think Jimmy is great. He's got all the best offensive traits with iron skin to fall back on. Luck is nice but it only increases traits like threat reduction/swift strike by small margins. Jimmy is well worthy of pink stars in my opinion. You'll likely drive yourself mad and waste so many tokens going for perfect traits in this game. Sometimes you just have to settle for what you can get. Here are my scouts :smile:
    D33J91
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > I think Jimmy is great. He's got all the best offensive traits with iron skin to fall back on. Luck is nice but it only increases traits like threat reduction/swift strike by small margins. Jimmy is well worthy of pink stars in my opinion. You'll likely drive yourself mad and waste so many tokens going for perfect traits in this game. Sometimes you just have to settle for what you can get. Here are my scouts :smile:

Patches looks insane!! Would love a scout like that!! I like Jimmy a lot actually, he’s better than Robbie IMO
    Cheers :smile:. I'm pretty proud of him, he's my longest serving survivor. Only been playing since June but I've had him from the start, before I was even aware of what the best traits were and was just promoting survivors blindly so I got lucky with him haha. Yeah I agree, I would make him your main scout once he's leveled if it was me.
  • TetatorTetator Member Posts: 47
    I agree, Jimmy > Robbie

Now the question is : is it worth investing tokens on him ...

I would not, because if you started playing in June you still have plenty of radio calls in front of you. So level him up, play with him, and keep your tokens for the unicorn. That would be my bet