Training Gear & Glenn in outposts (better use of gas for supplies)

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
Hello all. I have been doing runs with Glenn and 2 assaults with training gear and it's been very very successful. First I want to show a screen shot of the supplies earned from his leader trait. I primarily attack with just the assaults and he's there only for his trait bonus, to get the flag and run to the crate (maybe interrupt a walker every now and again).

8,810 supplies using 2 gas. That's an average of 26,430 for 6 gas. Playing scavenger missions I'll get 19,100 supplies for completing the mission and about 3K supplies if I use glenn. That's about 22K plus crates in supplies. Playing outpost runs I'm getting 1500 TG's instead of random crates from scavenger missions.

Here is OLT's assesment chart regarding walker XP

In outpost it's typically lvl 19 (occasionally higher or lower)

lvl 19 normal walker = 360 XP = 180 supplies (with glenn lvl 5)
lvl 19 armored walker = 1080 XP = 540 supplies (with glenn lvl 5)
lvl 19 tank walker = 1800 XP = 900 supplies (with glenn lvl 5)

But I have discovered the joys of training gear. I got one time on the distance normal mode (I replayed and got almost the same armor both times) where training gear is the first trait. It adds 30% to XP and therefore adds 30% more supplies.

So instead of the numbers above I get...

lvl 19 normal walker = 360 XP + 30% (108) = 468 XP = 234 supplies (compared to 180 without training gear) 54 more each kill
lvl 19 armored walker = 1080 XP + 30% (324) = 1404 XP = 702 supplies (compared to 540 without training gear) 162 more each kill
lvl 19 tank walker = 1800 XP + 30% (540) = 2340 XP = 1170 supplies (compared to 900 without training gear) 270 more each kill

I have also compared this to Governor's trait.

Lvl 23 walkers (which I face in scavenger missions) give 467 XP which would be 234 supplies.
---Average of 10 walkers is 2340 supplies from his leader trait as a bonus.
Lvl 24 walkers (which I sometimes face in scavenger missions) give 493 XP which would be 246 supplies.
---Average of 10 walkers is 2460 supplies from his leader trait as a bonus.

for lvl 23 When I factor in the added 30%, they're giving 467 XP + 30% (140) = 607 XP per kill. That's 303 supplies per kill
--- multiply that by 10 walkers a run = 3030 supplies
for lvl 24 When I factor in the added 30%, they're giving 493 XP + 30% (147) = 640 XP per kill. That's 320 supplies per kill
--- multiple that by 10 walkers a run = 3200 supplies per kill

A gold crate in scavenger missions for supplies (being supplies) will give around 26,000 supplies. With Governors leader trait at 12% for me that's 3120 bonus supplies everytime I get a gold crate with supplies (but I don't get a gold crate with supplies everytime)

For me when farming training gear is a must. It's helpful to your supplies if you use glenn (but kill walkers with the survivors with training gear). And I have found that outposts give a way better "bang for your buck) compared to scavenger missions.

You sacrifice supply rewards by doing outposts and you sacrifice TG's by doing scavenger runs but with training gear and glenn you can do outpost runs and get the "base" amount of one single scavenger run supply rewards.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
JackBauerI_Am_PsychoTJSJaden8N8bigbeanoklman1612romeo

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,469
    Great post as always @DLich, but I would argue against the premise that Outposts are a "better bang for your buck."

By your own admission, you get roughly 26k supplies and 1500 TG for 6 gas.

A hard RSL26 scavenge mission gets you 21k supplies + 6 crates (assuming you have a video). Even ONE bronze crate with Governor as your leader will give you 6000+ supplies, so with a single bronze crate, you are already breaking even on supplies and on top of that, you have 5 more crates to open.

Those crates could contain supplies or other goodies, and I believe that the potential for other goodies can't be understated. I place huge value on the badge pieces, radios, gold, gas, and even gear that I get from scavenger missions, and those things are more important to me than being slightly quicker at farming supplies.

A few other knocks against Outpost:
    1. I have 270k TG right now because I haven't spent any on gear since finding out about the update, and I won't spend any until I'm guaranteed level 23 gear. 1500 TG doesn't add that much value for me personally.
    2. There is always the potential for TG blockers, which can either reduce the TG you get if you don't engage or result in hospital time if you do engage.
    3. This strategy also relies on having the Training Gear trait, and XP is very valuable these days as players start trying to upgrade all of their survivors to level 23.
    4. Getting a gas reward from a scavenger mission can very increase the "bang for your buck" of scavenger missions.
    5. Finally, when you're low on time, scavenger missions are a great way to quickly get some XP and burn a lot of your gas so you don't waste it.
    DLichJadenmik81romeo
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,530
    I don’t play scavenger missions unless I’m on unlimited gas. It’s what I play when farming supplies on unlimited gas in between challenge cooldowns.

I personally like the training gear trait but don’t see the usefulness in using it beyond farming so I got lucky that it was the first trait on those two pieces of gear AND it works with my farming strategy (1 scout 2 assaults)

I can play 3 outposts getting about 25K supplies with Glenn. And 1500 TG’s

I can play 1 scavenge mission getting about 22K supplies and have to hope 1 of the bronze crates is supplies.

Ideally, I like to play the game. I feel I get more out of it playing outposts. I also don’t plan to buy anything until I’m lvl 57 and also have 270K TG’s

Personally I feel I’m achieving more playing for 15 minutes doing outpost runs than I am playing 4 minutes doing 4 scavenger runs.

The 6K TG’s for 24 gas will help me when I hit lvl 57 and the supplies Glenn is giving me in raids is awesome.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    JadenatrainofficialJayZ