Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• RicksbeardRicksbeard Member Posts: 24
    Can anyone tell me why I can't equip some survivors with certain badges? I craft the badge, go to equip my survivor from the badge tab and the badge isn't there?
    So for example. I want to equip the 3 star critical damage +388. But when I go to do so I can't do it??
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited November 2017
    @Ricksbeard
    You can only put 1 badge in each of the 6 positions. ie; Top Right, Right, Bottom Right, Top Left etc.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,910
    Just like @mabiki and @War77 .
    I found that cloth does appear to prefer damage. It isn't a guarantee, but it does seem to have an increased chance.

So it doesn't seem to be random. There just aren't guarantees, wich makes it hard to determine.
    chrisjr85
    I just tried all cloth and got Crit. Damage.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    > @TJS said:
    > @Ricksbeard
    > You can only put 1 badge in each of the 6 positions. ie; Top Right, Right, Bottom Right, Top Left etc.

Sorry I don't understand? There only is one badge in each position?
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,448
    @Ricksbeard you would have to replace the health +508 badge with the critical badge as it’s the same shape or used the same slot.
    TJSOvergrowdaworldRicksbeardchrisjr85
  • chrisjr85chrisjr85 Member Posts: 20
    How can I earn badges for the forum
    chrisjr1985
  • chrisjr85chrisjr85 Member Posts: 20
    Also why can't I update my picture? I've tried hundreds of times and it always says low memory. Can someone please explain to me how I can fix it
    chrisjr1985
    @chrisjr85

For forum badges goto "Check in Thread Corner" in topic list.
    (Note; Forum Badges are different than In Game Badges)

Not sure what you mean by low memory when updating your pic. Maybe you need to clear memory on your device.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    > @Mabiki said:
    > Crafted six badges this weekend. Each one used the combo of 3 cloth and 1 metal component. Resulted in 5 of 6 badges being damage increases, both flat and percentage-based. FWIW
    >
    6 of 7 tries with 3 cloth and 1 metal yielded damage badges for me too. Only one was critical damage.
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 422
    edited November 2017
    I just learned the mechanics of how badge sets work. LOL! Took awhile to understand the shapes inside the badge pieces. Duh.
    I now have 3 sets with the 20% bonus. I guess with the 20% bonuses, the crafting system makes more sense to me now. It’s pretty cool I guess. Cost me a bunch of gold rearranging my badge pieces though. LOL! It was worth it.
    @avelardez
    Damn man! Ide hate to be a Walker and run into that team! “Ruthless” has the perfect traits for a hunter. Nice job man! I have an assault with great traits like that. Love her. If I ever get a hunter with those traits, Ide be stoked. She has Marksman, Sureshot, Bullet Dodge, Lucky, and Ruthless. The Gov and her make a great assault team.
    Ide rather have Ironskin than Bullet Dodge though tbh.
    romeomack22bigbeano
  • NezoNezo Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2017
    Just crafted 50 badges using similar level components and fragments and the results were as follows:

22 uncommon fragments/components
    11 downgrades (common badges) 50%
    11 static (uncommon badges) 50%
    0 upgrades 0%

21 rare fragments/components
    5 downgrades (uncommon badges) 24%
    14 static (rare badges) 66%
    2 upgrades (epic badges) 10%

6 epic fragments/components
    2 downgrades (rare badges) 33%
    3 static (epic badges) 50%
    1 upgrade (legendary badge) 17%

1 legendary fragment/components
    0 downgrades (epic badges) 0%
    1 static (legendary badges) 100%
    NA upgrade

TOTALS
    50 badges
    18 downgrades (36%)
    29 static (58%)
    3 upgrades (6%)

Be interested to get a larger sample size but I am guessing upgrading is around 5% while downgrading is around 35%. Proceed at your own risk.

EDIT: ADDED ANOTHER 11 UNCOMMON FOR AN EVEN 50
    ADPaqGebobsBill_ZRT
    @Nezo

I think you did well.
    I think you'll find there more like a 60% chance of getting the lowest possible outcome.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    bigbeanopaintbeastMonsutaSplatter
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    Roughly
    Nezo said:

Just crafted 50 badges using similar level components and fragments and the results were as follows:

TOTALS

50 badges

18 downgrades (36%)

29 static (58%)

3 upgrades (6%)

Be interested to get a larger sample size but I am guessing upgrading is around 5% while downgrading is around 35%.

Added your data to my list, and based on almost 250 badges I now have:

36% Downgrades
    52% Static
    12% Upgrades
    Phalanx44Gebobs
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited November 2017
    Late to the thread and apologies as I'm sure this is covered. Can anyone give me the broad strokes as to what the chances are for badge stars? I assume it's based on the component/fragment stars, maybe min and max, weighted average, component type. Does it matter at all if the components are a mix of types (edibles or whatnot) or all the same?

I see the results above regarding upgrade/downgrade/static but what if I mix the number of stars e.g. a 3 star fragment with a mix of 2-4 star components.

• General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Crafting 50 badges

MonsutabigbeanoAndy_b
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Sure @Monsuta do that with the leg components too.
    Monsutabigbeano
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    got lucky with my 2nd attempt today
    TJSpaintbeastMonsutaDoTak
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    MadPuppy said:

36% Downgrades
    52% Static
    12% Upgrades

Updated stats (300 crafts) with only a very slight change in percentages.

36% Downgrades
    53% Static
    11% Upgrades

About half of the crafts ended up with a divergent rarity badge than the rarity of items being put in.
    Of that divergent group, downward divergence was about four times as frequent than upward.
    Nezoromeo
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    I’m not convinced badges are even worthwhile. I played the Distance last weekend with no badges on any players except my challenge team. I didn’t get any further than the previous Tuesday with all of my badges equipped to survivors. I’m also convinced badges can get you through the challenge faster but not further. Anyone agree?
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    romeo
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    @JerryDixon I'd have to disagree with you there. Even without legendary badges, I have been able to substantially improve over half of my roster.

My heavy hitters are even stronger now. My tanks can absorb hits from walkers 2-4 levels above previous without getting bruised. And I've been able to push my medium damage dealers into heavy range, while simultaneously buffing their health.

In challenges, I have found I can more easily clear RSLs above where I used to top out.

The distance seems to be one of the only places that my badged survivors are out-classed at about the same rate as my non-badged ones, and that's mostly just due to the ridiculously steep difficulty curve.
    DoTakromeo
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 296
    What @Phalanx44 said.

Badges offer a significant boost for me. They allow me to push much, much further in challenges and in the Distance. Before badges my top shooter was punching about 9.5K. Now she hits 16K. That alone has allowed me to deal with much higher RSL special walkers.
    David_H79aquilaBill_ZRTromeo