The Distance - Yay or Nay

I was like many folks excited when the distance came out.

But after seeing the rewards for normal mode and the difficulty for hard mode, I'm thinking it's better just to do raids and get crates or work on the

challenge as it seems like a waste of gas at this point.

Has anyone else gone from excited about this feature to feeling like I am at this point?

autumn_ashromeoAval0nklman1612anniesprinklesTripodBuckzzDeadBeatbababooey1LostWarrior

Comments

• ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 425
    I do however many missions it takes to get to the 3 star badge fragments then quit and even then I'm barely interested in it.
    autumn_ashromeoSlowMoanniesprinkles
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,583
    Yeah, it really comes down to where we want to spend our limited gas. If you need tomatoes, Normal mode is best with Glenn in the lead for farming. If you need gear or hard-to-get tokens, Hard mode is better. But when it comes to gear, OP raiding is still the best value for TG Shop Tuesday.

If NG wants us to play The Distance more (and end up spending more gold for healing), then we need more gas. I hope they eventually give us a permanent option for trading supplies for gas in the TG Shop.

And if I’m going to buy a tank of gas with gold, I’m just doing OP raiding.
    jimmorrison369Jenng
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    People not inclined to buy boosters will probably not do so because there's Distance clashing with challenges - that's my guess at least. They will decide on what to do with their Saturday and will play either mode.

And people who spend on the game will likely get a booster anyway, Distance on Saturday or not.

I might be wrong, of course...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JennganniesprinklesCaptainslayer
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    I literally have like 5 survivors I like to use and only a hard 2 that are “ distance” worthy and even with the separate play modes it still breaks my heart a little to even think of them being injured much less dead........ so The distance doesn’t exist in my camp. I have zero willpower to even try.
    Edd8anniesprinkles
  • Bryan18Bryan18 Member Posts: 155
    Also if there was more of a strategy component to the distance like being able to use melee teams but really it's just hordes and high-level Walker's that are impossible to kill.
    anniesprinklesCaptainslayer
  • StHallStHall Member Posts: 72
    I seem to be in the minority, but I really enjoy the distance. I have only played the hard mode. I haven't beaten it since the wrestler nerf, but I got to the last level on Nov 11th. I think the epic fragments are worth it. To me, it's more fun than grinding the same 6 missions from the challenge, or outpost missions over and over.
    crambert_necjimmorrison369suzequeue
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,340
    Here is my progress from this Saturday’s Distance. When they have walkers in the last mission it’s more beatable. Great source of gear and tokens.

romeoEdd8
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Before I only really played Challenges (scavenge on the rare occation I had gas to spare).
    The distance changed that for me, I like it that much.

So it's a big YAY!

But, as most people above, without booster, I run short on gas.
    And most weeks, with or without booster, I run out of time anyhow due to a lack of spare time IRL. But this is mostly due to the huge amount of rounds I can play in challenges now. The distance is tiny by comparison.

When I run out of gas or time, I have to choose.
    * On the one hand that's a good thing: it means I can play as much as I like and am able to. Basically limitless play with options to spare. That is VERY rare in mobile gaming. Another big YAY.
    * On the other hand that's a shame, since I cannot get to my absolute maximum score in challenges. That's a smaller nay.
    avelardez
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 425
    Good job NG. Contrary to my earlier post I'm now pushing further into the distance as a direct result of the reduced gas cost.
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 180
    Yeah I played today only because of the 1 gas.

That brings the rewards to gas ratio inline to what I feel it should be.
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 135
    I didn't reset the distance after 2.8, the 1 gas cost is so tempting though. Nice one NG
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    Cheers NG for the decreased gas cost on the Distance. Normal mode done, will reset for the hard mode.
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Loved the 1 gas. Nice gesture. Just wished it was on Saturday so I can play both that and the Challenge. But not complaining.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    I had a blast. :)

Did hard mode once and made it to the second set of Aaron tokens - better than I ever did after the Wrestler nerf.

Did a reset and played normal mode which was fun - easy and good rewards.

If we had the same (or a gas event) on Saturday, I would reset again.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    YAY

1. Hard mode if I wanna get frustrated at round 18/21
    2. Normal mode if I want a walk in the park

Think NG made some goor balancing changes in the hard modus the last few weeks. Keep up the good work
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]