Not able to max anymore in challenge without spending gold or money

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,510
    I cannot speak on behalf of everyone but I like that I earn 6 RP's playing 30 rounds (actually playing 24). I earn around 1200 stars and get 1200 stars worth of rewards. I could push further but I refuse to spend gold on healing.

I was one of those complaining that lvl'ing up toons gave a dis advantage
    I was not one of those complaining of the excessive grinding
    I am not one complaining about the current grinding

I play what I am comfortable with playing.

I do understand free players whom can exceed 27.1 not being able to since you can only earn so much gas a challenge and you have to sleep etc.

I would be upset if I didn't get 1200 stars a week and received less rewards.

If I can attain whatever amount of rewards someone who earns 1200 stars a week would earn by playing less (removing rounds, lowering reward thresholds) I wouldn't mind.

I do not want to get less rewards than I do now
    I wouldn't mind playing less rounds to earn the same rewards I do now

I don't want to do less and earn less... As long as I'm not earning less I don't care.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MonsutapaintbeastTransmuteJunJaden
  • OlivierOlivier Member Posts: 28
    Well, why not make the round passes more frequently (every 3 rounds in stead of 5) and give players the choice wheter they want to use their round passes or rather don't use them and grind some more to earn resources.

Walkers with higher health is simply not possible, players who haven't finished the storyline mission wouldn't be able to do so anymore (remember after a previous update where saviors turned into badass unbeatable b*tches?)

My number one choice is still to increase the difficulty more every round (like it used to be) and maybe get the same rewards but maybe that's a little bit too much to ask...
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,126
    edited November 2017
    So get rid of triple and quadruple rounds. We will have more time for outposts raids...i barely play 3 outpost raids x day...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    tabernacOlivierKaLiDBones
  • Headpopper946Headpopper946 Member Posts: 34
    Maybe they could make the round passes compound.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,804
    @DLich You pretty much echoed my sentiments. I haven't been complaining about either the 'leveling disadvantage' (although I wil ladmit that I purposely waited to level my survivors to 22 until I had enough gear upgraded for them to make a BIG improvement with levelling) or the 'grind'. I just want rewards out of the challenge. I too go to 27.1 to earn my 6 round passes and I have been happy doing so. I get a bunch of nice crates and the mission crates and TG as well. I am happy.

I would be unhappy if they changed the system to reduce the number of stars (and therefore crates/rewards) that I gt. But I don't mind if they increase the starting level for higher level survivors. I don't mind not going up, i just don't want to go down.
    paintbeastDLichJaden
    > @Conan1976 said:
    > Its simple,
    >
    > If a strong player can not max his star count without spending gold on gas, or buying a gas booster the current system needs to be changed. How or what, ill leave that up to NG.
    >
    > A free to play player should be able to compete in the weekly challenge with those throwing in a few bucks weekly.

Doesn't get more simple than this, 100% agree!
    Conan1976JeemPedBill_ZRTTroublemaker
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,510
    I'm sure this weekend will be 1 minute gas since players are clearly upset about not being able to meet their potential without paying some money.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Putchuco
  • JeemPedJeemPed Member Posts: 152
    > @DLich said:
    > I'm sure this weekend will be 1 minute gas since players are clearly upset about not being able to meet their potential without paying some money.

You are probably right,but people have been upset about radio events and those fall on deaf ears. I’m not counting when we got it for one day.
    DLichJackBauer
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 265
    Honestly a lot of this would be solved by offering better rewards as you progress further beyond your max ASL and increasing difficulty sooner.

That way you get to grind less, play more interesting rounds and get the same or better rewards.
    DBonesOliviercapibara
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 282
    I agree with most here in principle - the grind is tedious, and some weeks I stop before it is remotely challenging due to lack of time, resources, or general apathy. However, below is an excerpt from the 2.8 pre-release notes form @Teeceezy Note the bold

Balancing
    Challenge Rebalancing
    This is probably the most requested change that we've had in recent memory. We love how ambitious players who partake in the weekly Challenges are, and it hasn't sat right with us that upgrading your survivors to their maximum level and being able to earn the highest possible amount of Challenge Stars have not gone hand in hand. So from update 2.8 onwards:

Starting Difficulty and Difficulty progression will still be based on the levels of your survivors as before, but all survivors of level 20 and higher are considered equal for the purposes of calculating the Starting Difficulty and Difficulty progression of the Challenges.

Players with three of more survivors of Level 20 or greater will play Challenges with the following details:

Starting Difficulty: 14
    Single rounds for difficulties 14 through 18.
    Three rounds per difficulty from Difficulty 19 through 29.
    Four rounds per difficulty for the remainder of the Challenge.
    Players will still be able to collect Round Passes for every 5 Rounds that they complete.

An important note here is that this is a temporary change that will be in place until at least the end of the year. We have planned additional changes to the system that will accommodate the long term growth of your survivors and teams, without reintroducing the issues we have seen since 2.4 was released. When those changes are ready, you will hear about them before they go live.
    Troublemaker
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 443
    > @Putchuco said:
    > The amount of time and money one needs to compete at high lvls has reached insane lvls. Few are willing to keep investing both.

You still playing?
    Formerly w/ Global Angels.
    Back w/ DTP.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "There is nothing you can do to me that Castro hasn't already done." --Tony Montana, Scarface
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Hilarious
    Bill_ZRT
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    DonCoqui said:

> @Putchuco said:

> The amount of time and money one needs to compete at high lvls has reached insane lvls. Few are willing to keep investing both.

You still playing?

Why wouldn’t i?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 301
    DBones said:

capibara said:

So get rid of triple and quadruple rounds. We will have more time for outposts raids...i barely play 3 outpost raids x day...

This seems like the most practical and reasonable solution. That said, ONLY doing this would result in far fewer rewards, which would piss off a LOT of people. But the solution to that is equally practical and reasonable: simply reduce the number of stars it takes to attain the next rewards chest. I mean, really, we get our first crate after SIX stars, then 18, then 30, but when you're up at RSL 29, 30, etc., you have to obtain like 120 stars to get that next crate! In it's present state, the system is counterintuitive: the farther you go, the harder it is to get rewards (and, as mentioned above by @avelardez, the quality of the rewards doesn't increase either).

It should be this simple. Do away with triple/quadruple rounds, and readjust the system for obtaining the rewards.
    If they take away triple and quadruple, it will just mean being able to push further, and therefore not relieving the grind. If you only had .1 and .2, then you would need to get to rsl 35+ before it got too tough for many players, since the .3 quick spawns, and the .4 high level of fatties and armored is what stops most ppl.
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

• DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 443
    > @Conan1976 said:
    > Its simple,
    >
    > If a strong player can not max his star count without spending gold on gas, or buying a gas booster the current system needs to be changed. How or what, ill leave that up to NG.
    >
    > A free to play player should be able to compete in the weekly challenge with those throwing in a few bucks weekly.

LOL!! Dream on!
    Formerly w/ Global Angels.
    Back w/ DTP.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "There is nothing you can do to me that Castro hasn't already done." --Tony Montana, Scarface
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Hilarious
    > @DonCoqui said:
    > > @Conan1976 said:
    > > Its simple,
    > >
    > > If a strong player can not max his star count without spending gold on gas, or buying a gas booster the current system needs to be changed. How or what, ill leave that up to NG.
    > >
    > > A free to play player should be able to compete in the weekly challenge with those throwing in a few bucks weekly.
    >
    > LOL!! Dream on!

You can play the game or pay the game.
    Like every retro gamer I prefer the first option.
    JadenTJSJackBauer
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 740
    > @abailey362 said:
    > So get rid of triple and quadruple rounds. We will have more time for outposts raids...i barely play 3 outpost raids x day...
    >
    > This seems like the most practical and reasonable solution. That said, ONLY doing this would result in far fewer rewards, which would piss off a LOT of people. But the solution to that is equally practical and reasonable: simply reduce the number of stars it takes to attain the next rewards chest. I mean, really, we get our first crate after SIX stars, then 18, then 30, but when you're up at RSL 29, 30, etc., you have to obtain like 120 stars to get that next crate! In it's present state, the system is counterintuitive: the farther you go, the harder it is to get rewards (and, as mentioned above by @avelardez, the quality of the rewards doesn't increase either).
    >
    > It should be this simple. Do away with triple/quadruple rounds, and readjust the system for obtaining the rewards.
    >
    > If they take away triple and quadruple, it will just mean being able to push further, and therefore not relieving the grind. If you only had .1 and .2, then you would need to get to rsl 35+ before it got too tough for many players, since the .3 quick spawns, and the .4 high level of fatties and armored is what stops most ppl.

I don’t know that that’s necessarily true. I typically max out around 29.1 or 29.2. I get what you’re saying about the .3 and .4, but I don’t think my style of play would get me to much higher RSL regardless of the .3 or .4. By L29, I’m getting beat up pretty bad and usually stop there because of hospital time (and it’s usually Sunday because it takes 4 damn days to even get that far, due to, of course, the heavy grind). That said, even if I could push to higher RSL’s than I think I could, I would at least be playing the much more fun levels rather than the boring ass low levels over and over.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    capibara
  • SlowMoSlowMo Member Posts: 203
    I have close to 800k of TG, and 1300+ phones. Not that I want to hoard resources for the best value, but I get to a point where it's meaningless to build the best survivors. So what I get them to 3 stars, slapped them with all sorts of fancy badges, equipped them with good traits weapons? I simply do not have the time and will to grind through 30 or 40 rounds of challanges just to get to the level that can prove their worth.

Sorry for the rant and I hope I did not derail the thread.

talliniemik81
  • J_LawJ_Law Member Posts: 102
    When will people just be happy to play this game? I remember the guild challenges starting at an extremely low level, then having to grind all the way to harder levels.

Then NG started these rounds, then they were still bumbed up because people were .... what... yep still complaining.

Then round passes were introduced, then fixed because skipped round werent counting towards the make it past 5 rounds, earn a pass. Yep people still not happy.

This reminds me of a joke. A guy tired of hunting, the waiting, deer never showing up. Wasnt happy. So it turned into the guy walking outside on the weekend at 5 am and another just handing him a dead deer. Took all the trouble/fun out of it and heres the end product.

As far as spending money. Its truly up to the person and noone should judge people who do/dont. [Be thankful for those that do, they help keep the game going]. Personally I dont want to spend $6 on a cup of coffee at a cafe that will last me 20 minutes verses spending $2 on 24 hours of fun. I wont spend $150 on a pair of shoes or jeans, but an occassional $10 or $15 on a game that i play all the time yes. How many Diablo or Sims or Final Fantasy expansion packs were out there in the day, and they sure werent $10 or $2 bucks. Everyone spends their play money on something different, so what if they spend it or not spend it here.

Remember you high level players who want to have the guild challenge start at 25 or 30,(and for real honestly how much further can you go, and then you will still complain) there are low level players who barely make it to round 15 or 20. So people want to make it impossible for others just because youre bored or not challenged enough? Please think of others when making these complaints, because pretty soon , new players wont be able to play and have fun. I know alot of level 20 to 22 players can barely make it to round 12 in the distance hard mode. Same goes for lower level players barely making it to 19. I do honestly see it from both sides, that grind gets old fast. But barely earning stars as newbie with everything high level sucks.

I hope theres a way that people can just play a free game and be happy. We should focus on fighting the walkers ... not eachother!!! I wish everyone good luck on the challenge!
    WellyLugasuzequeueLightfeetSplatter
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,390
    @JLaw This game has been catered to newcomers for a long long time , F2P or P2W
    DonCoqui
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I second the OP. There are too many early rounds due to the change in starting RSL so many people whined for because they were down stars briefly after levelling..
    Bill_ZRTSplatter
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 265
    @J_Law I agree with the sentiment that there will always be some who complain, but given your above examples around measures designed to reduce grind, my question is has the grind objectively reduced with each new measure?

This is a genuine question and one I don't immediately have the answer to, but my gut feeling is the grind hasn't reduced; it's just shifted.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 898
    The removal of the locking timer until this endless grind issue is fixed would be very welcomed.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    ADPaqmik81