Silencers

We ever get silencers for our firearms. I sure human enemies will get fireams eventually and will attract walkers with every shot as well. You would think eventually my survivors after living this long would see the need to be able to shoot in silence and would hunt silencers;)

Thanks for game, keep getting better.
misfit44[Deleted User]

Comments

• misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    @Mikewarrior silencers would definently be cool , just have it as one of the traits on handguns...although im not sure what be the difference would be between bronze silver and gold for that. How do you think they should add that?
    Shut_Up
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    edited February 2016
    If you look up a post titled shotguns , i believe this can fit into the category i mentioned....having 2 differnet wep types for all chars i.e. shotgun for assault , throwing knife for scout etc. Etc. This could be the second wep choice for the shooter.
    Shut_Up
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    edited February 2016
    Simply use more often overwatch.

I dont want to miss dodge or luck, because there is another trait filling the slots.
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    they have silencer already, but they only use it on overwatch.. ;)

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625

they have silencer already, but they only use it on overwatch.. ;)

And when your shooter uses his bonus attack. Silencers are just hit and miss, they only work under special circumstances. ;)
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I think the hunter charge ability is silenced also?
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    edited February 2016
    zoson said:

I think the hunter charge ability is silenced also?

Was that a wish or a guess @zoson?

I don't think the hunter is silenced apart from overwatch.
    I'm clearly seeing the annoying ring of sound and an angry walker lining up in the walker wave panel when I fire the critical attack of the hunter. But that may be my game only.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    edited February 2016
    ===New Item Slot===
    '''Survivor should be able to carry 1 consumable item beside their weapon & armor.'''
    Med kit, Grenade, smoke grenade, silencer (gun do not attract walker for 3 turns), music box (walker move toward the box), bloody shirt (immune to walkers for 2 turns), RPG etc...

From

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/3918/all-the-suggestions-what-do-you-think?new=1

http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Suggestions
    misfit44
  • @Jag

By not attracting walkers (silenced) the walker bar at the bottom turns red when they can hear the gunshot, critical isnt overwatch, ring of sound is just a visual effect
    Hi @i8azmbe ! Could you please rephrase your message to me, I didn't quite get the context.

Did you agree with @zoson ?

This is my experience:
    For hunter overwatch I agree that it doesn't add walkers to the wave. Apart from that I think hunters are really skilled at just that. :grin: As mentioned Shooter enjoys one "free shot" as well.

Note: I believe it's possible to "max out" the walker wave. When the wave panel is full of heads it will not add more even if you make noise.
    i8azmbe said:

ring of sound is just a visual effect

I sure hope there's more to it, I read the intention was to educate players. Being on the topic however, you should cast your vote.

PS. It seems I got the forum notification also when you said @jag. It's also possible to edit posts of your own if you want to change something rather than make a new post.
    @JAG Hunter charge ability does not add a walker to the counter. That's what I meant, and yes he was agreeing with me.
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Was re-watching season 5 this week, Sasha and her bad ass rifle with the silencer and I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe if we had one they could decrease the range or the chance for criticals.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    @zoson the hunter charge ability dont have silencer. it creates threat.. the proof is in your video..

LOL! nice catch @AysatyoPet. I really want to say that at some point it did not then. I'll have to look at some of my older videos.
  • MikewarriorMikewarrior Member Posts: 28
    Overwatch is only half attack, going for full attack silencer. As just pure weapon,in picture would see silencer on it, in name silenced blank blank, like(silenced lioness). I doubt enemy human will use overwatch with firearms, hope not, firearm enemies would be tough enough let alone coming around a corner and bam from an enemy.
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    I think the last thing we need to do is make ranged better and melee worse by taking the single advantage they have away.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • LonginusLonginus Member Posts: 45
    @misfit44 do the same as interruption trait. bronze 50% chance of not attracting walkers, silver and gold are 80% and 100% respectively.

However, I have to say that if silencer appears, scouts will lose their job.
    zoson said:

LOL! nice catch @AysatyoPet. I really want to say that at some point it did not then. I'll have to look at some of my older videos.

You may be right about history, but I'm trying to confirm if we have the same behavior now or not. Please have a look next time you bring a hunter to the party and report back. Thanks @zoson !

AFAIK it's possible to max out the walker wave panel, but apart from that I don't remember any silencer (well ok, there's those missions where there is no wave at all too, recreation time for rangers).
This discussion has been closed.