What do we benifit from DR/HP badges

Hello survivors.

I'm a player from China.

Two months past since the badge system come out,did you ever get any SUPER BADGES?

Here're some super badges I have(seen):
Damage Reduction:19%+4%
Health Point:22%+6%

Which means we can get 80%DR or near 100%HP,with 3 super badges of the same set(Maybe takes years XD)

And do you ever think,from which badge do we benefit more?

As we all know,a survivor bruised by taking damage that higher than a certain percentage of HP.

The "benefit" I mean is the percentage of (Damage/Health point).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the percentage is Y,HP is X,Damage is k,then:Y=k/X

If we have super badges(80%DR/100%HP):

Y(DR)=0.2k/X
Y(HP)=0.5k/X

↑Conclusion:DR badges are always stronger than HP badges,under any HP and Damage.

Let's make it more simple:

HP of Lv.23 survivors range from 3K to 8K in normal.

We can't choose which badge to craft,but we can choose a better badge to equip.

May this helpful to you.

(If there are any mistakes,please point it out~)
klman1612David_H79Putchucoromeo

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    Thank you for sharing. I agree that, generally, damage reduction is better than a health boost. For example, when you are trying to decide between gold Iron Skin vs. gold Health Boost on an armor, Iron Skin is better every time.

I think it's important to point out one important distinction: If you have the same rarity badge, damage reduction is definitely better than health boost. However, if the badges are different rarities (for example, an epic health boost badge vs. a common damage reduction badge), then that can change.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    klman1612
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    I think I'm the owner of that health badge you meant lol
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/266612/#Comment_266612

Bruiser is the only class you would want to put max 80% damage reduction & more than 100% health badge on.
    Other classes I'm 100% agree that damage reduction is way better than health badge with the same rarity.
    BTW the bonus on the badge are always 25% of it's main value without 20% set bonus, once the bonus was over .5 then it automatically rounded up.
    And 22% with 20% set bonus might showed 26% but the actual value is still 26.4%.
    So that damage reduction badge you saw 19%+4% was actually 16% with 4% bonus, the 16% was 20% set bonus boosted to 19.2% but only showed 19%.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited November 2017
    @monsuta.
    You are correct that the extra bonus doesn't get the set +20% increase.

However not about rounding down. (Unless they fixed it)
    I have a 12% badge in a set. -> it is 14.4%. but it shows 15%

But it really is 14.4%!!

Also, the bonus you get for meeting a condition is not seen in the survivor screen. (% that is, you do see. The total damage change)
    Monsuta
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    ot, only when the percentage health increase is equal to damage reduction. Then they would be equal.

So if you have 2000 health. 80% damage reduction would be the same as adding 8000 health. 80% damage reduction, plausible, 500% health increase, impossible.
  • Gomose_WGomose_W Member Posts: 36
    > @Monsuta said:
    > So that damage reduction badge you saw 19%+4% was actually 16% with 4% bonus, the 16% was 20% set bonus boosted to 19.2% but only showed 19%.

It' 19%+4% in fact, and end up to 23%+4% with set bonus.

And I just got a super badge (22%DR without bonus)right now lol
    MonsutaEdd8
    @jimmorrison369 @Gomose_W Interesting, so it seems it's not always 25% bonus.
    Example critical damage +250 have 62 bonus.

The highest Legendary health badge have 24% without bonus, if someones is lucky there might be one 24% with bonus 6%.
    3 set bonus of 28.8% + 6% would be 104.4% of health increase.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/29234/data-collection-badges/p1
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/29700/legendary-badges/p1
    PutchucoGomose_W
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    80% damage reduction, plausible, 500% health increase, impossible.

That's why I prefer DR.
    HP badges are too weak nowadays,maybe NG will make it better by nerfing the DR badges. :p
    MonsutaJackBauer
    > @Monsuta said:
    > @jimmorrison369 @Gomose_W
    > The highest Legendary health badge have 24% without bonus,
    > 3 set bonus of 28.8% + 6% would be 104.4% of health increase.

I think I'll never meet such a ultra badge,not to mention 3 in the same set……

By the way ,what's the best damage badge you've ever seen? 16%+4% as me.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    Does anyone know what the "bruised" percentage value is ?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    i think i've read the number of 30% of the green bar somewhere here in the forum many months ago