Bruiser. Need your thoughts.

Hi everyone :)

I am struggling here ... I did something I never did before. I upgraded a Bruiser from rare to legendary. Reason is : I never ever looted a epic or legendary Bruiser ...

So I chose one with the "must have" skills which to me are Iron Skin and Punish. The 3rd was Dodge which is also good for a tank to reduce crit chance on high level walkers.

4th trait was luck ! I said "hummm might be worth it. Works great with dodge. Let's continue".

For 5th trait I was dying for Retaliate. 2nd prefered choice was Defensive Stance.

I got Defensive Stance as 5th trait.

So according to me I do not have the perfect build but "almost" ... I would have lived retaliate but if I do a step back :
- luck + dodge : good to avoid at low level and after good to mitigate crit chance on high level walkers
- iron skin + Defensive Stance : best defense possible for a Bruiser
- punish is the one I wanted. To me punish > retaliate.

So I plan to keep this Bruiser as the probability to get better combination is extremely low.

Do you confirm my analysis is correct ? Would you invest in it ?

Comments

• aquilaaquila Member Posts: 273
    I agree mostly. For me retaliate, punish and dodge are must have traits. Then respectively: iron skin, defensive stance, power strike and luck. Without retaliate or punish you are missing additional attacks. Many hate powerstrike, but serious improvement on critical chance and critical damage helps your bruiser charge. Donna is quite good, i would keep her, but i would wait for the unicorn to invest. Yes, only for missing retaliate. But that's me...
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 134
    I would never waste my time on bruisers, NG made completely useless.
    ProjectX7SynapseRanger
  • ProjectX7ProjectX7 Member Posts: 156
    I would totally go for her! That is an almost perfect setup and as you could guess, your only missing retaliate. Yet 2/3 of the bruiser attacks in one turn is still great! And the iron skin helps so you don’t take as much damage when using the retaliate skill.
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    edited November 2017
    Missing retaliate is a letdown, especially being replaced by defective stance, but she still has great traits. I use overwatch with bruisers a lot so it's not so bad imo.
    Good luck, dumbass
  • Gomose_WGomose_W Member Posts: 33
    Defensive Stance is not very useful because of the badge system.
    It isn't that hard to reach 80%DR~
  • TheRealSavageTheRealSavage Member Posts: 64
    That’s a 95% unicorn bruiser right here. Just saying. Dmg reduction badges are so damn rare that def stance is still really great on a bruiser. Slap on 3 health badges and 1-2 more dmg reduction badges on him and you have a monster. You don’t really need retaliate and punish together. And punish is better than retaliate.
    autumn_ashtabernacklman1612SynapseRanger
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @TheRealSavage I have disagree there, you don't need defensive stance once you have iron skin on your survivor, it's relatively easy to reach max 80% damage reduction when you put on an iron skin armor.
    A bruiser can stun attack 3 times is a must IMO.
    SynapseRangerPofd
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,136
    Edd8 said:

I would never waste my time on bruisers, NG made completely useless.

What? I have a bruiser in every map of Ghost Town except "BBQ" :)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    bigbeano
    > @capibara said:
    > What? I have a bruiser in every map of Ghost Town except "BBQ" :)

Why not bbq also? If your bruiser has interrupt on a weapon, they become priceless.
    capibara
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,136
    edited November 2017
    ProjectX7 said:

> @capibara said:

> What? I have a bruiser in every map of Ghost Town except "BBQ" :)

Why not bbq also? If your bruiser has interrupt on a weapon, they become priceless.

Yeah...could be, i was playing hunter, shooter scout but maybe at 29 i will try bruiser, warrior, scout
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    ProjectX7
    > @capibara said:
    > > @capibara said:
    >
    > > What? I have a bruiser in every map of Ghost Town except "BBQ" :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Why not bbq also? If your bruiser has interrupt on a weapon, they become priceless.
    >
    > Yeah...could be, i was playing hunter, shooter scout but maybe at 29 i will try bruiser, warrior, scout

Thats great! Ironically I use that set up in BBQ. Works pretty well on having the bruiser distract one heavy while the scout and the warrior tag team taking out another.
    capibara
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    I use bruisers all the time now, especially in challenges. I don't have interrupt on any bruiser weps though.. That would be priceless.
    Good luck, dumbass