Special Challenge Event Preview - 'Ultimate Challenge' Event

Comments

• RichmorlRichmorl Member Posts: 14
    @Shteevie do this weeks round passes work in both versions?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,196

You are running these concurrently? I barely have enough time as it is.

This is being run in place of the regular challenge. This should significantly free up your time and in-game resources.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    TJSFearofabotplanet
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Looking forward to less of a grind, more or same rewards and getting to harder missions more quickly to challenge myself. Bring it on. !!!
    tabernacBill_ZRTTJSOldweirdeddie
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    This is much appreciated!
    TJSBill_ZRT
  • KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 122
    ... ok, but everybody should at least see his rank. Not everybody is on 51st place... or is he? Lol
    JadenTroublemakerromeobigbeano
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,228
    > @Bill_ZRT said:
    > if this test is acceptet and the new play mode then i think all stars from all guilds should be deletet to make way for a completely new start for every body. Leagues should be createt, even national teams or world championships could be arranged. Maybe i am thinkin* too far but why not thinking bigger?
    >
    > I don't think you want to screw around with 'lifetime' stars. People playing forever deserve to be recognized. With that said, I do believe that a change (or potential change) in the number of stars players can expect in a challenge would be a great time for some leader board changes/additions. For example, starting on January 1 2018 have a YTD leader board as well as a weekly leader board and begin tracking YTD personal bests (retain the current 'lifetime' personal bests). In 2019, the YTD leader board gets wiped out (or keep 2018 for posterity and just begin a 2019 YTD LB as well).
    >
    > This allows the newer players who are kicking ass and taking names to be recognized while still recognizing legendary players that have remained on top of the 'lifetime' leader boards. Plus, this gives players even more incentive to play harder (something I imagine NG's would like). A new, but very good player might never crack the all time top 50, but they could dominate the 2018 weekly and annual leader boards. And they might try quite a bit harder to stay on top of this new YTD leader board. All the data is there... seems pretty light from a development standpoint to slice and dice the data and include these new leader boards.
    >
    > Seems like a win/win to me.

Improving the competitiveness and exploring the leaderboard possibilities would also improve NG revenue.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Bill_ZRTJadenromeoPic
  • CatnissCatniss Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9
    So where we getting all the gas for two events run simultaneously?
    JayZ said:

You are running these concurrently? I barely have enough time as it is.

This is being run in place of the regular challenge. This should significantly free up your time and in-game resources.
    That is not at all what has been announced.
    The event will run for the entire length of the Farmlands Challenge which begins this coming Wednesday (November 29) ...
    Tripod
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    It’s all the same challenge @Catniss just modified
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    edited November 2017
    In game it says, "Alongside this week's Farmlands Challenge map, which will begin November 29, at 1300 UTC, the Ultimate Challenge event will take place."

Alongside, not in place of.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,196
    Why, or how, would it make sense for them to run two challenges at once? Don’t read NG’s in-game messaging too literally; they’ve made mistakes and worded things unclearly before. Chill, and just wait 10 hours. You’ll see that this event is a part of the Farmlands challenge.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Mystiquecrambert_necTJSJaden
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    “Ultimate challenge” meaning it will start at a higher level and be harder at the .2 stage!
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    TJSromeo
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Hopefully no body else is now getting confused.

It's 'ONE' challenge as usual. Just modified this week.
    Not to speak on NG's behalf but I assume to gain some feedback as how to adjust the current challenge system in an attempt to reduce the grind.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 319
    “Round passes are earned for completing 3 rounds instead of 5.”

Already after 6 and got only 1RP
    paintbeastMrsScattercushionTransmuteJun
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Round passes are not working as reported.
    TransmuteJun
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    We're looking into why this is the case now. Will update you shortly.
    David_H79MrsScattercushion
  • FearofabotplanetFearofabotplanet Staff Posts: 539
    edited November 2017
    We're now implementing a change, so from now on you'll be earning them for every three. Close and re-launch to see the change. This will unfortunately not give round passes to those who have already progressed. For those players: our player support team will be in contact with you shortly, so keep an eye on that social tab for their message. Our apologies for the mix up here, we hope that for those affected it doesn't sour your enjoyment of the rest of the Ultimate Challenge event.
    TroublemakertdiddybigbeanoFragzie
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @Fearofabotplanet said:
    > We're now implementing a change, so from now on you'll be earning them for every three. Close and re-launch to see the change. This will unfortunately not give round passes to those who have already progressed. For those players: our player support team will be in contact with you shortly, so keep an eye on that social tab for their message. Our apologies for the mix up here, we hope that for those affected it doesn't sour your enjoyment of the rest of the Ultimate Challenge event.

I like your response but I'll hold off my "like or awesome" until I get that message from support.

Thanks for letting us know though, much appreciated!!!!!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    David_H79paintbeast
  • You totally RULE!

New whine line...can you make a middle level with the distacne, now that we know your awesomeness reigns supreme??

Thank you!!

romeo
  • Kicking zombie arse perfect ending to my day...where would life be without this game...like the updates and all the new game
    Hi bill, Hmmm, i hear all the time « try a bit harder», you should write «use some more cash»
    After all its the badges what makes the difference. Before they came i got less and less stars even after upgrading. I once hat over 1000 at lvl. 20, at 22 it came down to 950, 900, 800... then the badges came and i got until 1500
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,228
    Another fiasco to NG's already extensive portfolio.

What's next?
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Fragzie_Lily_Timboskisuzequeue
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    It looks like opening the app is considered progress in the game even if we didn’t click on ‘start’ challenge.

My 1st response is a copy/paste message and I hope it’s not the final answer.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

bigbeanoTimboski
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 320
    They can send a single player a reward for a milestone of stars but can't add back missing round pass? BS

Just Restart the challenge
    WeekOneAval0nGeirabailey362suzequeue
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited November 2017
    My screen shows round 10 and I only have two round passes?
    Closed the game and re-launched
    No message from support yet?

So I sent a message to support just now.
    Waiting for a reply