Special Challenge Event Preview - 'Ultimate Challenge' Event

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I miss one round pass too.
    But I don't care too much.
    The positive things from the ultimate challenge are awesome for me.
    ( I felt like swimming in radios yesterday :) )
    EL34xyzMorgokSplatter
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 135
    > @MattOfEarth said:
    > Triple rounds should at least start at max survivor level. I counted on those grindy triple rounds for my XP/Supplies. The extra stars were just an added bonus. I feel like I’m the only person who loved the grind levels. Outposts are too repetitive, can’t play story missions anymore, season missions are good for 1 day, The Distance is...meh, and Scavenge missions aren’t worth 6 gas. All I have left is Challenge grind. I loved it. I miss it.

Yes. You are the only one. Are you serious?!!!!!
    tpips42ADPaqOvergrowdaworldTransmuteJunTripodTimboskiR2runfastSplattertpzinho
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872

>
    Finishing 18 should give you 5

I think 18 / 3 = 6 rounds passes, no?
    JadenTripod
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 349
    > @EL34xyz said:
    > >
    > Finishing 18 should give you 5
    >
    > I think 18 / 3 = 6 rounds passes, no?

Yeah but if you started challenge when it was using 5 you got screwed out of 1. I'm in same boat
    EL34xyz
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 535
    I didn’t get any legendary gear in my crates. Only epics 2 lvls lower than what I needed. . Scrapped.
    TJS said:

I'm not seeing any increase in Legendary Gear drops in post challenge crates or Deluxe Crates. To be honest, I haven't seen 'ANY' Legendary Gear yet.

Bad luck I think?
    I have had great luck as seen 3 post up from this one
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 535
    I don’t mind less stars when we get more tokens and can hit the wall in a day.
    My only concern is that I have lvl 18 survivors and I’m getting lvl 16 gear from the challenge crates. How does that help in any way other than scrapping for xp? I want lvl 18 and 19 gear.

I don’t mind less stars when we get more tokens and can hit the wall in a day.
    My only concern is that I have lvl 18 survivors and I’m getting lvl 16 gear from the challenge crates. How does that help in any way other than scrapping for xp? I want lvl 18 and 19 gear.

I have level 21 srvrs and I am getting level 22 gear
    So that is perfect for me

Have you got all your srvrs leveled up to 18?
    Are all your camp buildings leveled up?

Whatever the magic formula is, I find I have great luck with phone calls and crates when I level up everything in my camp and my srvrs
    Overgrowdaworld
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    I've had a few reports (including myself) of getting level 23 legendary gear in the crates so it does exist. However, we always were getting some here and there. I'll wait until the end but doesn't seem like the drop rate is higher except for @EL34xyz who appears to be having a crazy drop rate :-)

Also, I already feel so much less pressure in my guild during this challenge due to the new format. Don't care if I get the correct round passes next time or not. I just hope this isn't a one time special challenge. Do we know that this is going to be the challenge format going forward?
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    EL34xyzSplatter

I've had a few reports (including myself) of getting level 23 legendary gear in the crates so it does exist. However, we always were getting some here and there. I'll wait until the end but doesn't seem like the drop rate is higher except for @EL34xyz who appears to be having a crazy drop rate :-)

Also, I already feel so much less pressure in my guild during this challenge due to the new format. Don't care if I get the correct round passes next time or not. I just hope this isn't a one time special challenge. Do we know that this is going to be the challenge format going forward?

I voted in this post
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/31307/ultimate-challenge-normal-challenge

Can't hurt to let NG see the results of this poll
    JerryDixon
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,968
    @overgrowdaworld It's tied to camp level. It sounds like you are experiencing the same problem which I had for most of my time during this game. As soon as I had a council, training grounds and workshop upgrade available I would always prioritize that so it's only when I got towards max camp level that my challenge rewards caught up with my survivor level.

See this link: It's in need of an update but you get the jist :smile:

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/trade-good-rewards/
    Overgrowdaworld
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,819
    Will this be free or do I need to save trade goods for this offer next Tuesday?
    Leader of Badger Hounds
    Having candy for breakfast!
    100% FTP
    MyYouTubeChannel
    BttlOpenerRshinshoADPaq
    Carly said:

Will this be free or do I need to save trade goods for this offer next Tuesday?

Nice!
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 135
    > @Carly said:
    > Will this be free or do I need to save trade goods for this offer next Tuesday?

It has to be free. I hope it's 24 hour gas
    Rshinshobigbeano
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,163
    I didn't get level 23 gear in the challenge crates until I hit building level 67.

I am also missing a round pass. I'm not sure how a free item in the TG shop that's available to everyone is really going to make up for the TG I am losing by not having the round pass, but I will wait and see.

I'm somewhat nervous about this new challenge. It's going so fast! I'm probably going to be done by the time I go to bed tonight. That leaves 3 days over the weekend with no challenge to run. It's going to be a loooong weekend with only scavenge missions available. I agree with @MattOfEarth that I miss the lower levels and I suspect that by the time the weekend is over I will miss the ability to play the challenge longer.

But most of all, I'm going to miss all of the TG I earned by playing more rounds. That, combined with losing TG from missing a round pass next week, is really going to hurt. I know everyone is saying 'if you like the grind, play the rounds again', but that won't get me more TG.
    GeirTimboski
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,624
    Ok so this is the reply from support I really hope they give us 1-2 free round passes next Tuesday.

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    TimboskibigbeanoGForce
  • RshinshoRshinsho Member Posts: 80
    > @painwalker said:
    > Ok so this is the reply from support I really hope they give us 1-2 free round passes next Tuesday.

That wouldnt make sense, if they could give us round passes they would be able to fix the problem right now and not next week, just my opnion, i just hope is something good
    CarlybigbeanoTJSGForce

I'm somewhat nervous about this new challenge. It's going so fast! I'm probably going to be done by the time I go to bed tonight. That leaves 3 days over the weekend with no challenge to run. It's going to be a loooong weekend with only scavenge missions available.

Exactly the reason I love the new challenge
    I go outside on the weekend and do mountain biking and hiking
    You know, exercise :)

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were more than enough challenge playing time for me

Now I have even more free time to do others things I like to do

Maybe you need more hobbies @TransmuteJun
    o:)

WellyLuga

Ok so this is the reply from support I really hope they give us 1-2 free round passes next Tuesday.

20 minutes too late..
    Careful, you might end up in jail o:)
    ADPaq
  • RshinshoRshinsho Member Posts: 80
    > @Carly said:
    > Will this be free or do I need to save trade goods for this offer next Tuesday?

If thats not free ng will be just making people more angry :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,163
    EL34xyz said:

Maybe you need more hobbies @TransmuteJun

Oh I do other things... during the 4+ hours that I am waiting for my gas to refill. But now even once it refills, it won't be so exciting to get back on and play if all there is to do are scavenge missions...
    Timboski
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 989
    edited November 2017
    EL34xyz said:

20 minutes too late..
    Just pointing out a fact. Not meant as a dig, just kinda seems like a spam post, especially with, essentially, the same message posted before.

EL34xyz said:

20 minutes too late..
    Just pointing out a fact. Not meant as a dig, just kinda seems like a spam post, especially with, essentially, the same message posted before.
    yes I know
    I was just saying because I was in jail a couple weeks ago >:)
    BttlOpener
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 989
    Yeah I saw, and I appreciate the nudge for what I said. I will digress from this thread ..
    EL34xyz
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,709
    Mystique said:

Wow!!! What a novel concept.. a mobile game that feels like a game and not a job!? Who’d a thunk it? :p

I don’t even care about the round pass fiasco.. I will still end up with 1 more round pass at a lower level than last week, even with losing one this week!

In the big picture of it.. it will only affect 1 challenge.. big deal!!

Please please don’t make us go back to the grind of the previous system!!

As far as the loss in tgs? Doesn’t bother me a bit and I am like many others that don’t raid at all! The benefits outweigh that for me.. maybe a tweak to that would appease others that are upset about it tho!

I see myself sticking around much longer if this is made permanent! The burnout is real!

100% agreed Rene :)
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    MystiqueBill_ZRTSCBMAJaden
    I sent some feedback to NG in the help menu this morning and received a reply.
    So go to the help menu and send them some feedback

David_H79