Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    i crafted 10 badges this morning with the fragments i collected this weekend (challenge and The Distance), always used components with the same rarity as the fragment (2 common, 3 uncommon, 3 rare, 1 epic, 1 legendary)

i received 2 badges with a worse rarity (both rare to uncommon), 7 badges with same rarity and 1 badge with a better rarity (common to uncommon), fortunately the epic and the legendary parts brought a badge of the same value
    Edd8romeo_Lily_
  • Headpopper946Headpopper946 Member Posts: 34
    I think they changed their formula sometime last week, cuz I've done really good on badges since three of for days ago.
    Mabikibigbeano
  • livelonglivelong Member Posts: 57
    How bout NOT charging gold to replace badges on survivors.....and.....how bout giving components back when scrapping badges? I love the badges but these two issues bother me.
    _Lily_romeo
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    What does a guy have to do to get a damage reduction badge? I've made 100s of badges with every component combination and I have like 4 DR badges; all 1* or 2*. Any tested and true combos?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,798
    If a badge says there is a bonus if the mission teammate is a Scout, does that bonus also apply when the teammate is a Hero and a Scout like Glenn, Carol, and Gabriel? I assume so, but wondering if this has been answered previously.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Governatorromeo
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited November 2017
    Just an example:

Solution A: 1% chance to collect all 5 legendary components, then 30% chance to get legendary badge from it, so it's 0.3% chance to have a legendary badge.

Solution B: 0.3% chance to collect all 5 legendary components, then 100% chance to get legendary badge from it, it's still 0.3% chance to have a legendary badge.

Which one is the better solution to not pissed off player?
    Edd8paintbeastJaden
  • ErmonDaxErmonDax Member Posts: 25
    BTW, 331 components now and 0 fragments.
    Headpopper946Fragziebigbeano
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 147
    Can't remember the last time I received a fragment 3* or higher from post-mission crates (I don't play The Distance).
    Fragzie
  • tigerfeettigerfeet Member Posts: 54
    Just used an epic badge component, two epic components and 2 legendary components......ended up with a rubbish rare badge....grrrrrrr.
    Monsutabigbeano
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    If I scrap a survivor who has badges, what happens to the badges?
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,620
    @ShadowaceAz it's unequipped and back in your badge inventory.
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 620
    My Fragments are 1 : 20 Components. what a waste
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    zbot said:

@ShadowaceAz it's unequipped and back in your badge inventory.

Thank you @zbot I searched all over and could not find anything, maybe my ‘search foo’ is failing.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Timboskibigbeano
  • Dingo98Dingo98 Member Posts: 40
    More fragments please!
    Dodkong
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    I'm 8 for 8 getting epic badges from a legendary badge fragment and legendary components. It's a very small data field, but that's 100% downgrade rate. And those fragments are not easy to find.
  • TaulusTaulus Member Posts: 22
    Why did my survivor's attack damage drop when I added a badge that should have added attack damage?
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Taulus said:

Why did my survivor's attack damage drop when I added a badge that should have added attack damage?

Survivor have a variation of damage from as low as -20% to as high as +20% (assault class), what you saw might because of those.
    It's not possible getting lower damage than before after you put some damage badge on that survivor.
    TJS
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @Taulus did you unequip a badge before adding the new one? maybe you lost the set bonus?
    edited December 2017
    This happens to me all the time. I'll have 3 survivors in my party. I'll go to switch one out. On my full survivor roster, the particular survivor I'm about to switch to has a certain damage, but as soon as I switch them into my party, their damage drops by a few hundred. I don't understand what's happening. Is this just some kind of visual glitch?
    @Taulus
    May also be a visual glitch or you may have had Abraham or another hero in lead before you added badge.

Whatever the case, as @Monsuta said, it's not possible to have less damage after adding a damage badge. In fact, any badge addition would not lower a survivors damage output.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @crambert_nec I could be wrong about this, but I think that the damage stated before your survivor is on the team includes all of the secondary bonuses, but it drops since you don't have a certain class/hero on the mission with said survivor. I haven't done the math though.
    1Ris
    The secondary bonus could have something to do with it but the secondary bonus only adds if you have that survivor in mission team.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S

Here's an example of what I described. Pay attention to Bubba's and Liloo's damage values. They each have three different damage values at certain points throughout the video, but all I'm doing is swapping them out for each other continuously.
    TJSJackBauerromeo