Confession Box for Outpost Raids

Comments

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,955
    @TJS I stopped by for a visit. The Welcome mat was out front, so I helped myself to the last peanut butter power bars you had stashed. Your defenders didn’t have much say in the matter. I killed them first. :sunglasses:
    TJSJadenbigbeanoSCBMA
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I hit my first lvl 26 walkers today. I only got about 500 tg for the raid. But it's more xp I guess.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    bigbeano
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    edited November 2017
    @David_H79 you seem to visiting me so often recently that I would appreciate a video next time. :p
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    Andreabigbeano
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    @hunter_DK, unfortunately I cant remember your forum username, so anyone that can help tagging him, please do. nice outpost, I use the exact same defenders with the same weapon ability. nice one, hospital time was certain.
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 135
    maybe @Boruto
    ???
    David_H79TheLostOnesMystique
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    > @JackBauer said:
    > @David_H79 you seem to visiting me so often recently that I would appreciate a video next time. :p

Somehow I have missed the notification.
    If I meet your outpost again, I provide a video for you. :)
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @David_H79 i visited some David yesterday evening. Was it you ? I have a video in case...
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    David_H79
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    Unfortunately not @JackBauer , I would like to see a video from mine.
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Found you @TJS. I took out two of your defenders but left the third alive since I was feeling generous. Next time I'll stick to my rule of killing everyone when I can't run in for tg's :)
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited December 2017
    LOL!
    Thanks @sbf :smiley:

*edit to add;

Just logged in to have a check it out, seems not everyone is so kind :'(
    (LOL! See pic.)
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    sbfbigbeano
    Hi @Artisans. I just stopped by for a visit. Thanks for the TGs! My scout had to run for them, so he's glad he found some new size 9 cross trainers in the TG Box. :lol:

Artisansbigbeanoromeo
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,113
    My defence was working very well untill @tabernac showed up and figured it out :smiley:

He seemed to like his stay and re visited
    tabernacromeo
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    @bladgier

Hey, the first time I came through you'll notice I had a Scout. She came back and reported that you were blocking and didn't want to share your goodies...

The second time I knew having more guns wouldn't hurt. =)

Tell you what, come to my Outpost and you can have all of the free TG's you like. I don't block. Maybe we can work this out...
    bladgierCaptainslayerromeo
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,113
    @tabernac I block on purpose.

When I wasn't blocking I had my defenders killed all the time, no exceptions. I don't rely on people's good will.
    Since I made my defenders somewhat strong, I have my influence taken in about 3 out of 10 times and crate blocking decreased my defenders killed to a minimum. Also I do not mind my influence taken, especially if it was 1 so no hard feelings there.

How was my defence btw? Did you even get hurt?
    Anything you would have changed to make it stronger? Will appreciate any feedback.
    JackBauerbigbeanoromeo
    bladgier said:

@tabernac I block on purpose.

When I wasn't blocking I had my defenders killed all the time, no exceptions. I don't rely on people's good will.

Since I made my defenders somewhat strong, I have my influence taken in about 3 out of 10 times and crate blocking decreased my defenders killed to a minimum. Also I do not mind my influence taken, especially if it was 1 so no hard feelings there.

How was my defence btw? Did you even get hurt?

Anything you would have changed to make it stronger? Will appreciate any feedback.

I think your setup was about as good as it can be. The problem is that Outpost Defense is so lopsided since the defenders have so many strikes against them. Outpost Defense was hard before Badges, and now since Defenders can't utilize the benefits of Badges, they are almost always doomed. I don't think my survivors got hurt on either of the raids. The one disadvantage of your map setup is that I know right away that it is a blocking scenario and am on guard. Honestly the maps that give more trouble are the ones where they are basically "honey-potting" a map that is traditionally a free TG setup so I come in sloppy. Since badges were introduced I've lost one Raid. It was more of a case of sloppiness and me beating myself. I actually came across that same Outpost yesterday, and although the Defender had a 2 Pink Dwight, a 4 Pink Bruiser, and a 4 Pink Hunter with Incendiary, I came out with just bruises on my Raiders.

For me, Defending is about 50/50. Half take the TG's and the other half liquidates my Defense. I stopped caring about Outpost Defense quite a while ago. My attitude is very Ivan Drago.... "if they die? they die"... =)
    bladgierbigbeano
    @overgrowdaworld Sorry, but it is so and was confirmed by TCZY at the end of this thread:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/30858/psa-badges-are-useless-for-your-outpost-defenders-guapo-under-investigation/p1

This revelation was one of the main reasons for the "Unbadge Your Survivors For Free" weekend event awhile back.
    Movadobigbeanobiter370
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 467
    edited December 2017
    @tabernac
    I used that day to get my outpost defenders badged up! I started playing in September so I never seen this thread you linked until you just brought it to my attention. I was wondering how I was still getting killed when not one guy with the same lvl raiders didn’t get killed.
    Can’t believe I used that day to jack them up with badges........
    ADPaq
    edited December 2017
    Well, the good news is that they are badass bruisers and I do use them on challenges with armored walkers and human attackers. So it’s not a total waiste to have them badged up.......I guess?
    @overgrowdaworld - I love Bruisers so my Bruiser is my 2nd most Badged Up survivor. I use him for just about everything (except for grinding out low level Challenge missions, I use Governor/Abe and 2 Assaults just to get them over with).
    Overgrowdaworldbigbeano
    edited December 2017
    @tabernac
    I just spent 120 gold rearranging shit. I’m heart broken.
    I spent a lot of time and thought getting the best health and damage badges on the right bruisers, and have one that’s got greens all over and the 20%. Heart broken too that raiding is so lopsided now. How can the game designers even think that’s how it should be? It’s already one sided cuz your not there to control your guys wisely during a raid. Never mind now that badges don’t even work! Uuhg! There goes all the outpost fun.
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    Are you kidding me? How could a survivor has a hunter desesperation(Dwigths trait) without him? That's happened to me playing in the outpost .
    bigbeano
    I never raid for under 400 TGs, but I had to stop by and say hello to my buddy @DoTak.

Excellent cookies. :sunglasses:
    DoTak
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Thanks @Governator nice to finally find out what I'm worth! (not much!) Lol

@crambert_nec did you also get 351 from your visit? Just curious
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    Wtf can someone explain what happened with the shooter charge ability.