Abraham's hero ability

msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
Hi, guys!

I have no idea how Abraham's hero ability works. I've looked up on the forum and found no related info. Maybe someone can explain.

So, Abraham has the third level of his special ability: +7% to the health & +12% to the damage. When he is the team lead, the heals of fire survivors increases by about 7% but the damage increases only by 3-6%!

I've attached the screenshot that also shows the comparison of stats of my assault survivors. On the first screen, the leader is Daryl; on the second screen, the leader is Abraham. Notice how slightly the damage is increased. For example, Rufus has no badges and his weapon and armor have no upgrades but his health is increased properly (7%) whereas the damage isn't (6%)!

How does Abraham's ability really work?

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    edited December 2017
    Heroes damage boost only increase survivor base damage without including strong/marksman & weapon damage.

Just like lethal strong & marksman only increase survivor base damage without including weapon damage.
    Health boost on armor also increase armor health without including survivor base health.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    msapaevGeneral_PainMattOfEarth
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    edited December 2017
    Monsuta, but this is how Rufus is equipped: he has no marksman trait, no badges and the level of his armor and weapon is similar (with no upgrades).
    With Abraham as the leaded, his health is increased properly by 7% whereas the damage is only by 6%. Why?

• JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    did you try him with no hero as leader? Daryl also gives a boost.
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    yes i did (the result is the same)
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,462
    Hi @msapaev Welcome to the English forums.

I saw you made the same post in the Russian VK Group ;)

Abraham’s leader trait only affects the base damage. He has (in my opinion) the best leader trait. So either upgrade his trait or your survivors to max misuse the effect
    msapaevMattOfEarth
    @msapaev OK, just tested with Abraham, Jesus & Rufus leader trait health boost, they all boost with armor health included.

There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    msapaev
    The only reason is NG illogical calculation of damage & health boost.
    msapaev
    edited December 2017
    @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet Heroes leader trait health boost increase teammate whole health, but damage boost only increase teammate damage without including their weapon damage, does this make any sense to you?
    msapaev
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,931
    Damage = ((Survivor * ( 1 + Marksman/strong + Hero Boost)+ Weapon * (1 + lethal) ) + Badge flat value) * (1 + Badge %boost)
    Health = (Survivor + Armor * (1 + Armorboost) ) * (1 + Hero boost + Badge %boost) + Badge flat value.

As mentioned by @Monsuta
    Hero damage buff only is an increase on the survivor damage. That means that even the weapon is excluded.
    Hero Health buff is an increase on Survivor damage + armor + armorboost

This decision did surprise me at first, but it is clearly balanced out.
    Namely: There is a reason why the damage boost is a much higher percentage when compared to the health boost!
    Monsuta said:

Heroes leader trait health boost increase teammate whole health, but damage boost only increase teammate damage without including their weapon damage, does this make any sense to you?

I agree It is confusing to have different calculations for everything.

Where I start looking for an answer is this:
    Survivors don't have a trait like marksman/strong for health.
    This is somewhat compensated by incorporating all health in the hero-boost.

On the other hand, when you have badges. A + damage badge gets increased by a %damage badge.
    With health this isn't the case. The + health comes last.

"In the end, it doesn't even matter"
    Comparing damage to health is somewhat nonsensical and thus seeing a difference in calculating isn't that strange.
    What is "Too bad" is this. We have to find out for our selves.
    msapaev
    Damage = ((Survivor * ( 1 + Marksman/strong + Hero Boost)+ Weapon * (1 + lethal) ) + Badge flat value) * (1 + Badge %boost)
    Health = (Survivor + Armor * (1 + Armorboost) ) * (1 + Hero boost + Badge %boost) + Badge flat value.

As mentioned by @Monsuta
    Hero damage buff only is an increase on the survivor damage. That means that even the weapon is excluded.
    Hero Health buff is an increase on Survivor damage + armor + armorboost

This decision did surprise me at first, but it is clearly balanced out.
    Namely: There is a reason why the damage boost is a much higher percentage when compared to the health boost!
    Monsuta said:

Heroes leader trait health boost increase teammate whole health, but damage boost only increase teammate damage without including their weapon damage, does this make any sense to you?

I agree It is confusing to have different calculations for everything.

Where I start looking for an answer is this:
    Survivors don't have a trait like marksman/strong for health.
    This is somewhat compensated by incorporating all health in the hero-boost.

On the other hand, when you have badges. A + damage badge gets increased by a %damage badge.
    With health this isn't the case. The + health comes last and thus doesn't get boosted by %health badges.

"In the end, it doesn't even matter"
    Comparing damage to health is somewhat nonsensical and thus seeing a difference in calculating isn't that strange.
    What is "Too bad" is this. We have to find out for our selves.
    msapaevDBones
    I've mentioned it here
    MattOfEarth
    @jimmorrison369 NG can make all calculation simple as "(sum of every flat number damage added together including survivor base damage, weapon damage & badge) multiply (sum of every % damage added together including heroes boost, strong/marksman, lethal & percentage badge)", same goes to health.
    They can tweak the number a bit to make this happen.
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,127
    I have my survivors equipped with health boost badges and my health drops when I use Abe as leader.
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Maybe you could reorganise the words in the name of Abraham's trait?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    SCBMAJadenbigbeano
    Itch buts is all I got and dammit there is still a N leftover, you would have a better chance of picking up a terd by it's clean end.

Anyway I was really hoping bitchnuts worked, after spending that many radio's on him. DISAPPOINTED
    Well, you're reorganising letters, not just the words. I think there's a way to reorganise the words, and only one way. But one of the best ways to kill a joke completely dead is to spell it out. I'll just shut up now.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    mack22Governatorbigbeano
    > @Pig said:
    > Well, you're reorganising letters, not just the words. I think there's a way to reorganise the words, and only one way. But one of the best ways to kill a joke completely dead is to spell it out. I'll just shut up now.

Wow did I misread that, I feel dumb. I am gonna shut up now also.
    Pigbigbeano
    @DoTak Not what I was thinking, but...

Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    bigbeanoDoTakJadenSCBMA
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    Notice it is the forum users(game players), not anyone from NG, laying out these complicated and confusing computations of what is/isn’t affected, how this/that works?
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    msapaev