Michonne's health DECREASED

I was happy to see a buff to the heroes' health, damage, traits, but Michonne's health has decreased, when she was supposed to receive a buff.

Pre-update her health is 6460, and post-update she's at 6271. No change to armor or badges, and she's not on a mission, so no additional bonuses from badges apply.

I tried to attach a screenshot, but the drag-and-drop and the copy-and-paste isn't an option for me, so I'm sending mine into in-game support and if anyone else takes screenshots, please feel free to add them (or let me know how to make a url for my image).
anniesprinklesenigma12

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,784
    edited December 2017
    All working as intended for me. Hopefully I've attached everything but here is the before and after of Michonne and her stats with badge bonuses from my best melee team. Health remains the same and damage has gone up by just shy of 300. The buff to her leader trait is real nice too 18%->23/24%.

Edited to add, you can also see the nice +500 jump in bruiser damage :smile:
    pradi
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Cheers @WellyLuga that's great. I'm working with in-game support on her health. mine's damage went up about 92 points... here's hoping it'll work out as intended for me and that everyone else is getting what you got!
    anniesprinkles
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited December 2017
    @sbf
    Usually this is a report we get when Jesus or Abraham are being used as the team leader. Please note that she still counts as being "on a team" and will show Jesus's buff even when you look at her stats in the training grounds screen.

I'm sure support will sort you out, but this is the root cause in nearly all of the tickets that come in with questions like these. Hope that helps.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    @Shteevie Her leader trait has nothing to do with damage/health like Jesus or Abe. Like I mentioned, she was not on a mission, and I didn't run any missions with her so no extra buffs from mission-mates via badges would apply. I understand you're trying to do damage control, but I'm not feeling helped by your comment. I'm working through it with in-game support, but so far her health has gone down while doing what I have been told to do since my ticket opened.
    anniesprinklesenigma12
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @sbf I believe Shteevie is talking about her stats going down based on abraham or jesus's leader trait.

Meaning.

suggesting that when you took the original "before" picture you had jesus in the leadership position. Jesus ability gives you x% more health.

If you logged into the game afterwards and have jesus not in leader position then michonne and everyone elses stats would be lowered.

I don't know if thats the case but I believe thats what he's suggesting. It has nothing to do with michonnes leader trait, it has to do with jesus leader trait if he's in leader position when you took the original screen shot and not in leader position when you took the second one. He's saying alot of the tickets players send in regarding this exact issue are because of that. Ranged and abraham and melee with jesus.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > All working as intended for me. Hopefully I've attached everything but here is the before and after of Michonne and her stats with badge bonuses from my best melee team. Health remains the same and damage has gone up by just shy of 300. The buff to her leader trait is real nice too 18%->23/24%.
    >
    > Edited to add, you can also see the nice +500 jump in bruiser damage :smile:

Interesting. Seems my epic Michonne leader traits did not improve (14%) with the new update.
    @DLich Unless I'm reading him wrong, he's saying that Jesus's buff automatically applies when looking at a survivor in the roster (not on the team), which is one of the reasons why damage points will drop when you select a survivor from your roster to be on the mission (this happens with badges too), so it wouldn't matter if Jesus was leader. The %health part of Jesus's trait didn't change, so melee survivors wouldn't see an increase due to that. What I gathered from Shteevie's comment is the same thing that folks would explain to a beginner who doesn't understand how Abe and Jesus's traits work, but since this survivor is Michonne, that same reasoning doesn't apply to this situation. I give them kudos for all of the good things with this update, truly, there are a number of good things with it. Perhaps this situation is just with my account, but if it's not I hope that it'll be addressed.
    anniesprinklesenigma12
    @nadecir Michonne's leader trait got buffed a fair amount. At level 5 pre-update it was 18% threat reduction and 18% swift-strike. With the new update it's 23% threat reduction and 24% swift strike.
    anniesprinkles
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @sbf
    Sorry for adding to any frustration you are experiencing. That wasn't my intention. As I said before, I'm sure Support will sort the issue out, and if there are any unexplainable issues, I'm sure they will be delivered to us on the dev team. I will also add that I am confident that there is no widespread issue, since we didn't see this in test, or [far as I know] from other players. However, the issue is of course important to us, and we'll treat it as seriously as any other bug report that comes from you or any other player.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    sbfWellyLugatdiddy
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @sbf it does. I took a screen shot of Michonne (without jesus in the leader position and michonne isn't on the team)

Then I took a screen shot of Michonne (again not on the team) but with jesus in the leader position.

If you put jesus or abraham in the leader position, all the stats for every survivor you have will be inflated (not just the one's that are on the team with them)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Bill_ZRT
    > @sbf said:
    > @nadecir Michonne's leader trait got buffed a fair amount. At level 5 pre-update it was 18% threat reduction and 18% swift-strike. With the new update it's 23% threat reduction and 24% swift strike.

No change with my epic level 4 Michonne. 14% for both traits, both before and after the update.
    @DLich Gotcha. Shteevie said: "Please note that she still counts as being "on a team" and will show Jesus's buff even when you look at her stats in the training grounds screen" which I interpreted as his leader trait applying regardless of being on a team, which I conflated with the fact that the green bonuses from badges apply visually as all being active when that survivor is in the bull-pen, but then are removed if the survivor/trait conditions are not met.

That's not the situation I'm having, Jesus has been off to the side for quite a while, and I didn't change anything between when I took the screenshots (within a minute of downloading the update) and re-took them (right after opening the update).

I do hope I'm the only one this is happening to. But if not, it's not the first time something went wrong with an update, and it is indeed a lesser situation than some others in the past.
    enigma12
    nadecir said:

No change with my epic level 4 Michonne. 14% for both traits, both before and after the update.

One of the things support suggested was to close and re-open the app a few times to see if that does the trick. It didn't for me, and I'm assuming you've already done that. :( I'm assuming thinning the herd at level 4 should be close to 20% on each...
    That didn't help. Still at 14%. I assume there is a problem with a table on a server with the new values.
    Cheers @Teeceezy @Shteevie it's much appreciated. I'm hoping the fix comes before the next update?
    pradienigma12
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Before

After

More damage less health

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    > @sbf said:
    > Cheers @Teeceezy @Shteevie it's much appreciated. I'm hoping the fix comes before the next update?

Yeah, hopefully tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
    sbf
  • RiggsRiggs Member Posts: 86
    #metoo
  • 1Ris1Ris Member Posts: 189
    @Teeceezy is there an update on this?

I appreciate any information you can provide
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    @Teeceezy I must add that if Sbf says there is a bug, then there is a bug and not an anomaly affected by other factors. Sbf is the most diligent master of this game and has thought of every aspect that may have affected the change in health before he even contemplates bringing it to your attention. I must thank you for addressing this.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    edited December 2017
    Hi guys. Unfortunately I misspoke earlier on when I said we'd identified the health/attack issue. What we did identify and fix was a discrepancy in what the buffed 2.9 leader trait values were right after the update and what they should have been. As a result, most levels of leader traits got a small bump up (none went down).

Still looking to see if there's an issue with the health and attack values pre and post-update, and support will continue helping you out with this issue. :)

EDIT: Just spoke to our support staff - any issue regarding health or attack buffs have been ruled out, however we'll continue investigating with @sbf.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,784
    I noticed level 5 thinning the herd went up to 24/25%. Nice :smile:
    JackBauer
  • haukisakuhaukisaku Member Posts: 2
    @Teeceezy Please extend you investigation to normal survivors as well. I noticed yesterday that one of my scouts only had 3900-ish damage value compared to 4100-ish damage pre-2.9. No Jesus on team before nor after, same weapons and badges equipped. Only teammate that would affect her damage would be Ezekiel and I haven't had Ezekiel in my team, well, since I unlocked him.

I didn't think much of it then, but now after reading this...
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    @sbf Could this just be that visual badge glitch that we figured out in the Badge thread?
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    @crambert_nec Yup, that's what it was. Could've been easily addressed by stating that bug was fixed, but since NG didn't know (and didn't announce) that it had been fixed, that's where the confusion came from.
    1Riscrambert_nec