It bears repeating that certain odds with badges are terribly unbalanced.

@Teeceezy @Shteevie Given that NG has nerfed traits like wrestler and stun resistance in the spirit of balance, I'm sure they'll be anxious to address the currently most unbalanced aspect of the game: badges.

1) I shouldn't be afraid when I craft a new badge with a fragment and components of the same rarity that I will receive a badge of lower rarity, yet I am. Out of the last 3 badges I crafted with all epic components and fragments, 2 were rare and only 1 was epic. Out of the last 2 badges I've crafted with all rare components and fragments, 1 was rare and 1 was uncommon. Out of the last dozen badges I've crafted with all uncommon components and fragments, 10 of those badges were only common. Small sample size for the last week or so, but entirely consistent based on the rest of my experiences crafting badges.

If coders insist on adding more variance to the game, then at the very least the odds of receiving a badge of higher rarity should be equal to those of receiving a badge of lower rarity. But is that the case? Certainly not out of the hundreds of badges I've crafted, and I'll willing to bet that the data would bear out from fellow players that this is simply not true. I can count on one hand the number of times a crafted a badge with unusually high rarity, but I've lost count of the number of times I've crafted a badge with unusually low rarity. If NG truly cares about balance, then there is simply no justification for skewed odds towards a lower rarity.

Frankly though, the logic behind even the possibility of this is indefensible. I've never seen this in any other game I've played. It's like trading in a $100 bill for 4 $20 bills. Or trading in a $20 bill for 3 $5 bills. If you use components and fragments of all the same rarity, then the resulting badge should be locked into that rarity. Period.

2) Why are the drop rates so high for components compared to fragments? You only use 4 components for a badge, yet the distance in hard mode has 2 missions that give you 5 components for every 1 mission with 2 fragments. Again, nonsensical and unbalanced. Players have accumulated hundreds of components and can do literally nothing with them due to an unbalanced drop rate compared to fragments. This only adds to the aggravation of consistently crafting badges that are of lower rarity than the components and difficult-to-find fragments.

Anyway, this is nothing new, but I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of gamers requesting this needed change. Hopefully this is at the forefront of upcoming changes in the minds of the developers.

DBones_Lily_SabertoothTroublemakerTheCrabDLHpaintbeastDodkongWellyLugaScowleyRWSDoTakSPC_TORRESiamedgeLambariMattOfEarthpradiPicWhoareyoubanzaiNezoklman1612JadenromeokaltasTatdJdmdlbUberGeirAxewoundKillersZSteinarbast3200bc

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,046
    Well worded and you're bang on the money. Will they acknowledge your opinion? Most likely. Will they do anything about it? Absolutely not :lol:
    romeo
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Totally agree with this. So far I'm 1 for 5 in getting a legendary badge when I've used a legendary fragment and 4 legendary components.

That. Just. Blows.

It would be nice to expect 100% success when using alike level parts, but after 2+ years of playing NML I realize that NG insists us players must be slaves to RNG in order to create "fun." But this isn't fun any more. It's frustration and I'm tired of getting teased and "blue badged" with legendary frags and components.

And so far no upgrading of a badge when crafting and using all epic frag/components. So no surprise relief from "blue badging" there.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    tpips42DrUnpleasantromeoGeir
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
    have you crafted since the update? balance has been much better on the ones that i have crafted after 2.9 rolled out, whether intentional or just rng in my favor
    abailey362 - TheHerdReturned - part of #THR Family

dlbGeir
  • abailey362abailey362 Member Posts: 304
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited December 2017
    If they make a change let me know.

I, as many have been voicing our disappointment in the high odds of getting the lowest possible outcome for months.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    SPC_TORRESMattOfEarth
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    I still get crap. I took a real chance last night after getting an epic fragment. Used epic fragment with all legendary components.....green goddam badge - I almost threw my phone at the wall.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    Dodkong said:

Totally agree with this. So far I'm 1 for 5 in getting a legendary badge when I've used a legendary fragment and 4 legendary components.

That. Just. Blows.

It would be nice to expect 100% success when using alike level parts, but after 2+ years of playing NML I realize that NG insists us players must be slaves to RNG in order to create "fun." But this isn't fun any more. It's frustration and I'm tired of getting teased and "blue badged" with legendary frags and components.

And so far no upgrading of a badge when crafting and using all epic frag/components. So no surprise relief from "blue badging" there.

At least you have been able to get legendary Frags. I have crafted 2 total
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 147
    I have only seen 1 leg fragment that resulted in an epic badge. if your actually getting them then that's good. people like me don't even believe they actually exist
    DBones
    Sometimes You Getting Lucky

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    DoTakOvergrowdaworld
  • atrixatrix Member Posts: 4
    I just saw this thread clearly major frustration with user.

I’ve decided to boycott spending money on this game until the developers fix the badge crafting system where players using 100% legendary components to craft a badge will not get an unexspected and disappointing epic badge as a result.

I have encouraged any one in my guild who spends money to stop spending and sent an in game message to support until this is fix. I would ask others who feel similar to do likewise.
    dlb
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 536
    I got my first Legendary Badge using an Epic badge fragment, 3 epic components, and a rare component. It’s balanced out as they say it is. Most of the time you can and will get a lower lvl badge or the same lvl badge as your components and badge frags, but on this occasion it worked in my favor.

_Lily_mack22TJSbast3200bc
    edited December 2017
    Also.........
    Check this out...........
    I used a common badge frag, 2common components, and 2 rare components and got a rare badge. Look at the rarity results before crafting. YOU DONT NEED ALL THE SAME COLOR BADGE AND COMPONENTS. As long as the rarity results say common to rare, you can get a rare. Even with a common badge and a few common components.

Resulting in the rare 3 star +11% health badge. Using 2 grey commons and a grey badge.

So don’t waiste all your good components and badge frag’s. Use the common greys as fillers.
    This will help get you better badges without the sacrifice of all your hard earned components. As long as the rarity results say what you want them too, your good to go.

bigbeano
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 632
    edited December 2017
    Benefits player=nerf immediately

Benefits NG bottom line=working as intended.

Nothing you want fixed will ever be fixed.

NG has no concern for their customers.

NG: You can dock me forum “points” all you want, but prove me wrong.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    paintbeastSCBMASPC_TORRESCaptainslayer
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 478
    I have long given up with badges, I have NEVER managed to craft a higher value badge even since the update and I have over 35. This is NOT RNG. That is less than 1 in 35 chance of a higher value badge. I have now stopped spending a single penny on a game I used to love and the way things are going will probably stop playing this game for good.
  • iamedgeiamedge Member Posts: 68
    I'm also done with badges. Took me several weeks to get all these components, just to be let down again. Total joke.
    MattOfEarthSPC_TORRES
  • iamedgeiamedge Member Posts: 68
    > @Nick37 said:
    > It absolutely annoys me when you get the badge and it says “great” underneath it.
    > WTF is great about being ripped off.

Just adds insult to injury
    paintbeastbigbeanoMattOfEarth
    @Nick37
    Subliminal Messages :#
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    MattOfEarthSCBMA
  • ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 87
    It's the same stupidity used when you open a gold crate expecting a four to five star piece of equipment....but only get the same useless three star piece you got opening a silver crate. Just remember where the developer comes from and that will explain some of it...if not all of the problem.
    MattOfEarth
    Just got my 2nd -

Used what you see here to make it say uncommon to legendary, and scored huge!

mack22SCBMA
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    Zero Legendary badges for me so far. All attempts using only Legendary components have resulted in Epic (fails). It's a kick in the gut and very much a demotivating experience.
    paintbeastScowleybigbeano
  • ReggieGRReggieGR Member Posts: 84
    I notice. No one from NG is answering this.

Defend what you’ve programmed please. Explain in 3...2...1...
    dlb
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    Once I created a legendary badge from rare components and a rare fragment. I want only to say that I don't want to lose this opportunity :)
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,469
    This is one of the top three problems of the game.

I expect the "coming soon" tab to be some kinda of component merger so we can generate higher quality components from lower ones.

We are all stockpiled on low quality components that have no use at all in the game. They can't even be trashed.
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    It is something I hope they fix. When you would get a Legendary frag or component I originally would get excited. Then to craft all Legendary and get Epic is a great let down. Legendary frags and components are rare as hens teeth. Why not just allow the badge to be all legendary if you use all legendary parts, epic to epic etc. When you get an epic weapon or vest, that's what it is. When you get a legendary weapon or vest, that's what they are. It would be a really good move in NG would adjust this for us. I think this has probably put a lot of people off the distance because even if you did get rare or to the epic frags, you are not guaranteed to be rewarded with rare or an epic badge for your trouble. The option of combining badges to make a higher level is a better 2nd option if they wont fix straight crafting. I think this also would make a good step in the right direction to help rebuild the NG / Player relationship if NG would addfress this in some way in the next update..
    TroublemakerJaden