Human enemy damage is excessive and doesnt represent the enemy level.

misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
This lvl 13 warrior got half of her health taken away from a scout who would presumably be lvl 7 because the recommended lvl was 7. Now given the fact that no matter what (even with brain stab) we cant kill any lvl human enemy in one hit , isnt it unfair to let them damage us that much? Shouldnt we also have a "shield" health bar that only allows us to take damage after the first hit? It just seems really unbalanced to me , does this mean that when the human enemies are lvl 13 they are going to 1 hit me and have me bleeding? @Teeceezy @TK-421 @OldGoth any input on this would be helpful.
WastelandDantembelJodipayneartVoss

Comments

• shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    correct me if i'm wrong, we don't struggle with humans but we also bleed?
    misfit44Jodipayneart
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    Sry i meant bleed youre correct...fixing now
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    But bleeding or stuggling, you dont think the damage wasnt set up correctly? Only asking cuz you only commented about what i said and not about the problem , so im guessing you like NG's changes.
  • WalkerWalker Member Posts: 167

Elder

Top Venezuela

Nada libera más tu mente que el disparo de un arco
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'll take 2 please!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    It makes 100% sense to me that human enemies would do significantly more damage than zombies.
    Zombies just use their hands and teeth, and are dumb as rocks. Humans have weapons, and KNOW how to hurt other humans.

I welcome the increased difficulty and challenge associated with this. It breaths a lot of new life into the game by changing things up and making you think about your moves before you do them. Simply work it into your playstyle that you *HAVE* to hit them twice to kill them(and probably three times as level scales throughout the challenge).
    JennyGraywolfJodipayneartNoggerJippel
    As I mentioned in another thread, lvl 13 humans still only take 2 shots from a lvl 15 hunter to kill.
    But boy, do they hit hard!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    Yeah I've two starred more than I ever have but I'm adapting.
    argyleskin
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited February 2016
    It would make sense that vs a human near the same level, that they would be able to kill you in 2 shots just like we do them...

Jodipayneart
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 389
    the truth is that humans usually are hidden and you haven't many chances to see them before they kick u.
    If I can see zombie far from me why I cannot see humans as well?
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 74
    Guild : MAVERICKS NOC 

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is still alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
    zosonZeena
  • NichonneNichonne Member Posts: 30

the truth is that humans usually are hidden and you haven't many chances to see them before they kick u.
    If I can see zombie far from me why I cannot see humans as well?

Because these humans are clearly a new Ninja Bath Salts class
    RickGramesJodipayneart
  • lobofettlobofett Member Posts: 15
    ok so i played on my daughters lvl3 characters vs level 3 humans, have to hit the humans 6 times each, they hit hers characters 2 times, and they die.. so she cant do challenges at her level
  • JodipayneartJodipayneart Member Posts: 72
    Ok so let's say the level 3 human enemies should be Father Gabriel or Eugine you are fighting. Little or no experience points gained in battle. Are all these games not fashioned after D&D?! They need to progress. Or be various EP points scattered with a metaphorical roll of the dice.. Or level 3 Human Enemies could be already injured from fighting walkers or other people. Or they are hungry/weak or sick. Something it doesn't make sense. Please work on it before you loose all the newer lower level players. You don't want to discourage new players that is not a good idea.
    Zeenaargyleskin
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 550
    lobofett said:

ok so i played on my daughters lvl3 characters vs level 3 humans, have to hit the humans 6 times each, they hit hers characters 2 times, and they die.. so she cant do challenges at her level

Well that sucks! I'm lvl 16 or 15, and so far, through various levels of the challenge, it still only takes 2 shots or 1 shot and 1 hit to take a human down. They haven't gotten any harder to kill, they seem to need two hits to kill them. I'm wondering if there is a better weapon out there that only takes one hit to kill a human?

• Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    I think that the best solution to all the hate mail on the human villains would be a heavy hitting human that can be put down with reasonable effort but then turn into a zombie in 1 turn if not eaten. This allows for several things that enrich the game
    1. It allows for both ranged and me lee human enemies but limits the deadliness of their attack in a way that is reasonable. Humans can use weapons, reanimated can't. Hard striking humans require 1-move actions with caution
    2. When humans die in the show, they reanimate, and that would be cool. This removes their super hard hitting weapons abilities which is fun for 1x but overpowered for multihit turns
    3. We should be able to pick up the equipment of the human enemies as well
  • GhostZeroGhostZero Member Posts: 1
    Something does need to be done. Damage reduced, a shield of our own, or remove theirs. I like a good challenge but my level 11 getting nearly 1 shot by a level 3 is ridiculous. I was excited for this update but the way it is now is not good.
    khajiit
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    Anyone else notice how the Bruiser raider can one shot a walker? Shouldn't they be stunned?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    khajiitSlickRick
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 550
    I used a bruiser once that sent a walker flying about 10 feet! Pretty sure a bruiser can kill if the right conditions exist. Not sure what they are though.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @Camel56 Yes - my level 12 bruiser can one shot walkers up to a certain point, but if the walker is within 2-3 levels of our bruisers they just get stunned.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    I don't like how the humans are usually hidden and then all of sudden there's three humans standing right in front of you when you turn the corner.
    khajiit
  • SantescoSantesco Member Posts: 45
    A toddler with a gun can shoot and kill a grownup. It makes sense to me but they can move a long way and wreck you quick. If they are hidden they shouldnt see us either in my opinion though.
    On the good side they do go for walkers also hehe
  • argyleskinargyleskin Member Posts: 20
    jodi said:

Ok so let's say the level 3 human enemies should be Father Gabriel or Eugine you are fighting. Little or no experience points gained in battle. Are all these games not fashioned after D&D?! They need to progress. Or be various EP points scattered with a metaphorical roll of the dice.. Or level 3 Human Enemies could be already injured from fighting walkers or other people. Or they are hungry/weak or sick. Something it doesn't make sense. Please work on it before you loose all the newer lower level players. You don't want to discourage new players that is not a good idea.

I used to work for TSR and have been thinking the exact same thing. I agree completely and love the way you worded this!
  • OldGothOldGoth Member Posts: 297
    We feel the Raiders would benefit from a more slowly increased challenge, much like the walkers. This is going to be adjusted in a future release.
    khajiit
    Zeena said:

I don't like how the humans are usually hidden and then all of sudden there's three humans standing right in front of you when you turn the corner.

This is where the tictac of moving one AP and using overwatch comes into its own.
    khajiit
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Sipher07 said:

3. We should be able to pick up the equipment of the human enemies as well...

Yes, please, let us pick up the raiders equipment! That would be fun.

This discussion has been closed.