DO YOU LIKE THE NEW QUEST SYSTEM?

TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
THE NEW QUEST SYSTEM

Do you like the new system or not?

In an effort to gain some feedback from players please cast your vote and/or leave a comment with your opinions or concerns. Hopefully this will help any issues or concerns come to light.
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain

DO YOU LIKE THE NEW QUEST SYSTEM? 113 votes

I like the new quest system.
69%
TransmuteJunNeil_JPain WalkerhuskersoxfanCarl_s_HatBuckzzJerryDixonRocketmanEL34xyz707EmeraldTrianglekmrTheLostOnesReeconnMortmereuchidcrambert_necKyrusTheCrabGnatevildocfinzenburg 78 votes
I don't like the new quest system.
9%
pirate1125zeeblackTapatio75autumn_ashSCBMAbsgper4zeoweruspaintbeastnobibiRoadRashklman1612 11 votes
Other. (please leave a comment to explain your 'Other' vote)
21%
DonCoquiDoTakGovernatorPigJenngkiwinz7MadPuppytalliniewrinkled_bagJackBauerninewalkersMabikiGuapotheldssdlI_Am_PsychoBubba5771TwofaceOvergrowdaworldKudukProjectX7 24 votes
707EmeraldTriangle

Comments

• Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,624
    Of course. It’s a change for the better ;)

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    TJSAlexFiliUK707EmeraldTriangle
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I like the new system but I must admit I've had quite a few quests with gold.

I can understand if I wasn't receiving quests with gold this could prove to be an issue.

I've seen some posts from other players with other concerns. Hopefully if everyone posts these issues here it will be easier for NG to notice and perhaps make some adjustments in order to please players.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • Bubba5771Bubba5771 Member Posts: 35
    New quest system? The same old boring missions to play. It would be great to get new missions.
    TJSanthony172ADPaq
  • ProjectX7ProjectX7 Member Posts: 156
    I like the new quest system but I’ve only got two suggestions based on what I’ve seen. I wish there were better rewards for the completion of missions. They arnt big missions but the rewards we have now isn’t a good payment for the amount of gas it takes to do the challenges. My second suggestion is a better final chest. It’s great that there’s a new way to get tokens, but the reward for it is extremely low for the amount of supplies it takes to put into it. Besides that, I like that it just helps get stuff that is hard to get. Well mostly
    GuapoTJS
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    I like it a lot. I do think there should be one quest a day that gives guaranteed gold as well as the option to scrap one quest for a new one once every 24 hours.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    TJS
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713
    Where does all the gas come from ?
    Is there going to be a complete 6 outpost missions ?

SCBMAGuapobigbeanoTJS
  • DoloresDolores Member Posts: 20
    @Guapo said what was on my mind. I also think they should not have a "Gold Crate" but instead at least a "Deluxe" crate. Two days of pushing to get quests done for equipment that scraps for little xp is not worth it.

I do like it better than the last quest system though. I actually complete these quests daily whereas I would forget about the other quests most of the time.
    Guapocrambert_necTJSjimmorrison369
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    I do because simply they give lot more than old system did and that's undisputable.

Not sure if that's even a correct term "undisputable"
    GuapoTJSpsychwolf
  • ninewalkersninewalkers Member Posts: 87
    I'm against anything that delays the mission. The missions have ended at 14 and it looks like there aren't going to be any more. All we seem to get are time wasting cute little distractions.
    TJSFragzieTroublemaker
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 113
    Like the system, the rewards are pretty stingy for the effort.
    GuapoTJSDoloresNezo
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 535
    I dont like the fact it takes too much gas for little reward.
    Not enough gold or gas rewards.
    What if I’m at my wall on challenges and I gotta do 12 more? Like @SCBMA has stated.

I can understand that not all players will be able to finish it everyday. Was this the point of “finish challenge missions” quest? That some players will not be able to finish this cuz they’re at their wall?
    I’m sure I won’t complete this everyday. Its new so I have the last couple of days, but the rewards just don’t seem inline with gas cost and taking me away from my guild rewards in challenges. So I guess I’ll do this on “off” days when I’m not doing challenges.
    GuapoSCBMATJS
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I like it, but... I see a lot of missions neve being finished because they interfere with my challenge (or Distance) play or because they are not worth the effort.

For someone who already built and upgraded all buildings, some amount of supplies is really not appealing at all.

I would like to see a kill-switch so people in that position wouldn't see supply rewards.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TJS
    edited December 2017
    Good thought @Jaden
    I've been thinking on similar lines.

They could give an option for the ability to have change any quest for another, each day 2 or 3 times. You could change a quest for another and if you don't like what appears you could change it again or change 2 or 3 different quests once.

Some option to change a quest for another would be a good improvement.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Jaden
  • kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 916
    Still a grind, remove multiple rounds & the cool down period
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
    autumn_ashTJS
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    I don't like the new quest system.
    ...because:
    - more grind.
    - more grind = more in-game time trying to get all this stuff = more stress and burnout.
    - no option to discard one task for another.
    - it actually can take your time (read: your gas) and affect your priorities in completing the missions.
    - the only real upgrade is a chance to get somewhat nice hero token crate - does it worth it that way or would it be better to finally fix the challenge?

TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    TJSSCBMA
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 167
    I like it but I feel getting players to do Challenge missions during The Distance is not well thought out. If Distance fuel costs were lower that would be fine.
    TJS
  • KudukKuduk Member Posts: 99
    Will like it more if the gas is reduced to 1 for quest missions.
    TJSAlexFiliUKOvergrowdaworld
    edited December 2017
    I believe that some of the quests are designed to try to encourage players to play different parts of the game. But as there appears to be a total randomness to what quests you get, I'm not sure how well this is working.

It seems there's are some players who feel you shouldn't get quests to complete The Distance missions on Challenge days and some who feel you shouldn't get quests to complete Challenge missions on The Distance days.

Definitely conflicting opinions from different players.

As I mentioned earlier, having the option to change a quest for another (2 or 3 times) would (IMO) offer some freedom to players.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Overgrowdaworld
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    Mostly good, but there are times when it's going to be better to not worry about completing daily quests.

- If it's Rufus and Eugene week, I won't be doing 6 Distance missions either day.
    - I rarely scavenge mid challenge - also, scavenge costs.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    TJSMurdoqueautumn_ash
  • MurdoqueMurdoque Member Posts: 67
    Even if the loot in the quest boxes seems underwhelming it forces me to shuffle my gaming habits around a bit, which seems to be a good thing on the whole. Also most of the goodies for the single tasks are very ok.
    TJSOvergrowdaworld
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 167
    TJS said:

I believe that some of the quests are designed to try to encourage players to play different parts of the game. But as there appears to be a total randomness to what quests you get, I'm not sure how well this is working.

It seems there's are some players who feel you shouldn't get quests to complete The Distance missions on Challenge days and some who feel you shouldn't get quests to complete Challenge missions on The Distance days.

Definitely conflicting opinions from different players.

As I mentioned earlier, having the option to change a quest for another (2 or 3 times) would (IMO) offer some freedom to players.

The Distance is only on two days a week, so my personal opinion is to always prioritise those if you haven't tried those yet.
    edited December 2017
    @AlexFiliUK
    I saw your opinion in your earlier post.
    Not sure why the need to tag and quote me.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
This discussion has been closed.