DO YOU LIKE THE NEW QUEST SYSTEM?

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,046
    I like the new quest system.
    If they only had ‘do Distance missions’ on Tuesday and Saturday, and only had ‘do challenge missions’ on Wednesday and Thursday, that would work. Has anyone seen these missions on other days, yet?
    TJSpsychwolf
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited December 2017
    @TransmuteJun

I've seen complete challenge missions on others days than Wed. & Thurs. But only on days the challenge is on.

I haven't seen complete The Distance missions on days The Distance isn't on, nor would I expect anyone will.

edit to add;
    @SCBMA has had "Complete 12 Challenge missions" in his daily quests for 'FIVE' days in a row.
    Clearly an example where there needs to be some changes with the new system.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    RWSSCBMAjimmorrison369Overgrowdaworld
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    I don't like the new quest system.
    @TransmuteJun I've seen this task today and I think it is an issue because by Sunday there might not be a chance to advance another 12 maps up in the Challenge. And 12 is a big amount anyway, six would be more appropriate imo.
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
  • TreseriousTreserious Member Posts: 69
    Other. (please leave a comment to explain your 'Other' vote)
    tbh, the new interface is nice, i guess the idea of a trophy based reward system is cool, but the rewards aren't all that great. I miss the extra gold from the old system.
    plus having the damn challenge missions 4 days in a row is a pita.
    autumn_ash
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,077
    Better than the last but still needs some tweaking to make it worthwhile
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tHrEe with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    TJSautumn_ashDodkongJenng
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    The season missions are still the best way to get your daily quest bonuses for cheap gas.
    I created the chart below so you can see each mission and who is in that mission.

So one of my quest today was that Eugene had to get 15 kills.
    Well my Eugene is still level 20 with level 5 gear.
    I can't even give him proper gear because I don't have any level 20 gear.
    So I did season 8 map #7 and was done with that quest for the price of one gas

Looking at my chart, I could have also done season 7B #11 for the Eugene quest
    The chart is also handy to combine quest for the price of one gas

Enjoy and happy holidays

TJSDrunken
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,040
    @Guapo

I'm dying to know why you disagree with what I have said.

I mean it's not like I'm mad or anything, maybe I'm missing a point here.

Please enlighten me.
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    edited December 2017
    @bladgier "I do because simply they give lot more than old system did and that's undisputable."

It is far from indisputable (that's the word, but no biggie), in fact it is highly disputable. I netted much more in the old system. Guaranteed at least 50, usually around 100 gold each week. Under the new system, as I showed in my post, I have a huge net loss daily if I pursue the quests. Both my guild and my pocket suffers to the tune of losing around 50 gold worth some days. So the disagree was that everyone would agree that it's indisputably better rewards. I have seen, and shown, quite the opposite.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    bladgierJenngOvergrowdaworld
    edited December 2017
    I can understand the frustration from some players with a loss of gold with the new system.

Although in the old system you could get 70 to 90 gold usually in a week, rarely more.

This week in the new system I've got over 200 gold. Therefore even if I get no gold rewards next week I'm still doing better.

It is early days so I think it's probably best to see how it pans out over the next few weeks.

(IMO) The main problem I see is with the types of quests some are getting and same quests over multiple days.

As I've mentioned, an option to change quests for another would be an improvement and address atleast this issue.

*edit to add;

If they could have one of the 4 quests each day contain a reward of atleast 10 gold, this would be a simple fix for those missing gold.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Guapo
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    You're correct, getting good gold 1 day helps, but the day I showed was a huge loss in gas (which is worth gold to me). So I would have to subtract from that 200 total (which would be awesome!) and come out with about what I used to have. So in that scenario I screw over my guild, my star count, and rewards to get what I used to get with little to no effort. I like the quests now, they just need to be adjusted and gas for distance should be reduced permanently anyway since it runs during the challenge. Maybe that makes too much sense for it to work.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    TJSMurdoque
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Guapo At the very least, the Saturday Distance should permanently go to 1 gas.
    GuapoMurdoque
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    More than one week in, 4 quests per day over 8 days = 32 quests completed, and I have yet to get a single quest offering gold.

I like the system EXCEPT for this one glaring problem. At a minimum under the old system I would have made 80 gold. Instead, I am at ZERO.
    TJSGuapoTroublemakerOvergrowdaworld
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,242

There are holes in the system. For example my Eugene is low level and I have to get kills with him. This creates more grind first I have to keep him healthy then use toons that will not kill the enemy but rather hurt enemy enough for Eugene

Other issue is if you have UG and then get the gas reward you do not actually gain the gas. When my UG ended I didn't have 35 I had 25 so basically no reward.

2 Gold Crates= 2 weapons below my toon level=junk scrap
    autumn_ash
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    edited December 2017
    @Drunken

Just use one of the easy season missions with Eugene - the one with Dwight and Eugene works well. Costs only 1 gas, so a 10-minute wait, and is much less of a hassle.

You also don't have to cash in the rewards immediately, of course, so might have time to wait until the booster runs out. If you can't, losing the reward will be annoying - much like supply rewards annoy me somewhat.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TJS
    @Jaden

Did not know there was a Eugene mission, but that will help a lot TY. Losing the reward does suck, I figured it would do that but couldn't wait before I fell asleep.

Working full time, then family. It is extremely hard to play catch up being a semi new player. So when I get double XP anything I rage then the Jackpots. I was able to score over 60m Supplies this weekend. (only got 1 legendary frag no blue, but that is a whole other issue) All that being said 10 gas is about 100k supplies and 50k XP for me. Which is still a major benefit.
    > @Drunken said:
    > Other. (please leave a comment to explain your 'Other' vote)
    >
    > There are holes in the system. For example my Eugene is low level and I have to get kills with him. This creates more grind first I have to keep him healthy then use toons that will not kill the enemy but rather hurt enemy enough for Eugene
    >
    > Other issue is if you have UG and then get the gas reward you do not actually gain the gas. When my UG ended I didn't have 35 I had 25 so basically no reward.
    >
    > 2 Gold Crates= 2 weapons below my toon level=junk scrap

You're not actually required to complete all quests if you don't think one (like using Eugene) is worth your while.

*The More You Know
    @Mabiki

If you do not finish you do not get trophy. IDK if it is worth my wild or not to do missions like Eugene haven't decided if rewards stack up to loss gas. But I was given a good solution to it in comment prior
  • theldssdltheldssdl Member Posts: 114
    If gold was a guaranteed reward everyday it would be awesome. Still an improvement, but now there's no guaranteed daily method for acquiring gold. But then again, there isn't for radios either, so...
    TJS
    @theldssdl

Some quests do give radios for reward on completion.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    theldssdl said:

If gold was a guaranteed reward everyday it would be awesome. Still an improvement, but now there's no guaranteed daily method for acquiring gold. But then again, there isn't for radios either, so...

In the week it has been out I got the gold day where all rewards are gold. I think it was like 60 gold which comes out to rough 8.75 gold a day which is only a little lower than before. Plus I got 2x10 so actually comes out a little higher than 10 gold per a day.

What I do not like is that they force us to use toons we would never otherwise use such as Eugene 3x now
    Drunken said:

theldssdl said:

In the week it has been out I got the gold day where all rewards are gold. I think it was like 60 gold which comes out to rough 8.75 gold a day which is only a little lower than before. Plus I got 2x10 so actually comes out a little higher than 10 gold per a day.

What I do not like is that they force us to use toons we would never otherwise use such as Eugene 3x now
    Hey' good for you. Not everyone is so lucky.
    Current count - 10 days, 40 quests, 10 total gold for me.
    That's 1 gold per day. Not such a good return on my end.
    @Mabiki

Still small sample size hopefully your luck changes. You look at TJS and he has killed it maybe the next 10 he will have lower and you more. IDK how "random" the rewards are. Personally I loved the radio day a lot :)
  • RoadRashRoadRash Member Posts: 178
    It tends to force you into doing modes of game play when you dont want to do them today is challenge day and a I have a complete 6 Scavanger mission quest, not going to do that mission today or any day during the challenge.

General_Quatrejimmorrison369
    @RoadRash

I agree with you somewhat but force is a little strong. I believe the intention is to get players to play all parts of the game.

But as another player said, "You don't have to complete a quest."

So encourage is probably a better term.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I still only see one main problem with the system and that's the lack of gold some experience.

As I mentioned before, having atleast one quest each day with a minimum of 10 gold would fix this.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    @RoadRash

Being an end game player myself I still prefer the new system. That being said, I still would like to see some adjustments in line with my previous comment.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    jimmorrison369
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    TJS said:

@RoadRash

I agree with you somewhat but force is a little strong. I believe the intention is to get players to play all parts of the game.

But as another player said, "You don't have to complete a quest."

So encourage is probably a better term.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I still only see one main problem with the system and that's the lack of gold some experience.

As I mentioned before, having atleast one quest each day with a minimum of 10 gold would fix this.

Let's be serious...we're all game addicts, and most of us end-gamers, and NG KNOWS that the kinds of people who pour money into the game "have" to do everything. Is it logical or rational? Probably not, but it's how they make their bread 'n' butter, off people that, when faced with multiple glass ceilings, have to shatter them all or they don't feel good.

So, no, they're not forcing anyone to do anything. That would probably be illegal. But they know, and are banking on the fact, that most of their high-paying players will do it all.
    TJSpaintbeastJenngOvergrowdaworld
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,713
    I'm still undecided. I'm getting way too may Supplies and I'm maxed out. At least most of the missions I play are the 1-gas Season Missions. It's just frustrating to see Rufus pop up and he's not in any of the Season missions. :neutral:
    TJSJenngSCBMA
This discussion has been closed.