Radio event ended 4 hours earlier than promised

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,145
    I woke up thinking I could grind a few more radios out to find out event ended early. I thank them for the event, but they do seem to make a lot of oops.... Like round passed, the bundle for 9.99 instead of 99.99, events ending early.

Additionally if you go to news and look it says the hero call event ends in two days, but if you go to the radio shop says 5 days... HMMM
    The_Overcomerromeo
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    This explains why since morning I did not receive double phones any longer during end of my gas booster despite in-game news earlier according to which I had planned my actions and in-game purchases.

And regarding double supplies... 2 x 0 is still 0.
    MattOfEarthbigbeanoThe_Overcomerromeo
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 262

A bad change for the better :'(

Will you elaborate on that? I would be interested to hear what you say. :-)
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

DBonesDonCoquibigbeanoromeo
    @Mais88

I woke up at 330 2.5 hours early to purchase a UG to get a few more radios in. I saw the double supple started and ran a mission got 1 radio and saved my time. So instead of playing game I looked up some cute cat videos that contained no cats and drank coffee.
    DBonesbigbeanoromeo
    While my 1.99 is chump change they cost themselves 1.99 cause I would have gotten a booster this morning and then again tomorrow morning for distance. Now I can get a tall boy... Thanks NG
    DBonesekimhclewbigbeano
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    @Drunken a much better way to spend $1.99
    bigbeanoromeo
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    It's a shame because there was probably a lot of goodwill flowing NG's way after they re-introduced the all-time fan favorite event.

Now, there's mainly a sour aftertaste.

C'mon NG, make it all sweet again and tell us the event will come back in January. Or even that it will come back "soon" would do.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    DBones
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,807
    Does the weekend event always start at 9:00 UTC? I'm from the UK and every Friday I'm in a meeting from 8am-1pm so it's always running by the time it's finished. Or was this week a one off? I assumed it started at 1pm as does the distance/challenge
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 195
    Don’t know about the weekend event, but the challenge always starts 8am EMT which I think is 1pm UTC, as does the Distance. The point is, they advertised it, people made decisions based on their faulty information. Why do they find basic communication and double-checking what they put out so difficult? They shouldn’t be allowed to just shrug this off. I got up two hours earlier than norm to put in some phone missions, a fairly minor thing, but I would have put those hours in the night before if the correct end time had been advertised. Not cool at all.
    paintbeastDBones
  • Raven2318Raven2318 Member Posts: 195
    Agree with @TheLostOnes and @DBones and I think that it would be the honorable and proportionate response by NG to get a free 40 call (NG, think how many people you might entice to make more of these calls going forward once they’ve tried one), PLUS a commitment to another phone event in January, even if it’s one day.
    paintbeastbigbeanoDBones
  • dandancar77dandancar77 Member Posts: 319
    “working as intended”
    bigbeanoromeo
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    @DLich Well said and very accurate! Kudos!
    sbfromeoI_Am_Psycho
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    So it wasn’t possible to honor the advertised radio event timing and start a new event? I paid for a gas booster and double supplies for the radio event just to be shafted once again. I even worked out the time the phone event finished in Australia so I made sure I played to the end, which I normally never do! NG really hates us!
    sbfThe_Overcomerromeo
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 359
    I think NG is keeping low profile here so that maybe people would forget what they did. Instead of doing as @DBones proposed, or setting another increased phone event next week.. But still hoping they would make up to their mistake.
    DBonesromeo
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    tallinie said:

I think NG is keeping low profile here so that maybe people would forget what they did. Instead of doing as @DBones proposed, or setting another increased phone event next week.. But still hoping they would make up to their mistake.

Agree but the 40 call will have stopped then. NG should give ATLEAST 1 free 40 call. I wreckon even 2. Not exactly going to kill them right... But again I feel the forum is a waste of time as they respond 5% of time and ignore the rest.
    ekimhclewromeo
  • LordRyderLordRyder Member Posts: 49
    Nextgames and Scopely are probably cousins.
  • WhoareyouWhoareyou Member Posts: 68
    edited December 2017
    I paid for a fuel bost to get more phones at that stage the event had five or six hours left
    Only for the event to end two hours after that I could of have had 100 to 200 phones

I don’t think we will get anything for NG this is how they operate it’s now all about greed
    Playing walking dead this year has been disappointment after disappointment
    2016 we had a few good phone event with good drop rates I got 1400 phones about 1/4 off the crates had phones this event didn’t have a drop rate even close to that
    Players are sick of them screwing up every other week and have to deal with it
    I sick of being screwed over when it comes to events and challenges come on NG you guys have to be way better them that or players are going to start boycotting the game or leaving

This year unlike 2016 we never got a reset in the season missions witch means we all missed out on phone and hero tokens 2016 it was reset twice I can remember
    why didn’t it get reset this year greed plane and simple lower level player need this to get hero’s and to advance in the game with out that to give them a step up it’s much much harder to get the hero’s tokens
    my cousin has just started to play and it’s a lot harder for him to unlock a lot of the hero’s
    The games has changed its more about greed and making money then the players experience with out that players will leave in droves and we will see how much money they make then
    As said in another post they don’t read post on the forum because they no longer care about the player
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    how bout a surprise new years eve free gas booster and more phones along with Double heroes call. hey NG...its new year. another year playing NML. if that mean anything good for NG
    The_Overcomer
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    Wasted few hours of gas booster was unfortunate, and clearly a bit of compensation for those who spent would be nice. I wasn't badly affected myself as had been grinding quite a bit in the earlier part of the event - but a shame for those who left it late.

Still, it's an amazing event so hopefully will come back again in a couple of months.
    The_Overcomer
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    New Years disappointment. Once again NG says nothing about this issue ...
This discussion has been closed.