“Gold Crate”

I’m starting to get petty pissed off about purchasing a “Golden Crate” in the TG shop, either by TGs or Supplies, and landing some Rare 22 gear. That same frustration extends to mission and challenge reward crates.

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE UNDER-LEVEL GEAR???!!!?????!!!!

My camp is 67, so that’s NOT the reason! I’ve got 1, ONE, UNO, halfway passable peice of upgradeable 23 Legendary Gear since the “update.” Im just so very, very, very upset with the state of “rewards” in this game. Why do I get less rewarded for completing 30.1, but more rewarded for finishing 22.1???!!!???!!!

This makes ZERO sense.

Rant concluded.
“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
romeoADPaqautumn_ashJackBauerNezoekimhclewpradiSteinarGeirTripodDBonesmsrebeccaTreseriousBrassBPapacasT_12

Comments

• MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    @Mais88 I love that profile pic! I’m actually listening to I.M. while I write this. Yep. Agree with everything. Now....”TWO minutes to midnight...!”
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    Mais88
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited January 2018
    *edited
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    bigbeano
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,039
    Technically you should not be getting level 22 gear from purchases in the TG shop. But, its NG anything is possible when they mess things up
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,622
    As I was levelling up I used to get a reasonable amount of decent gear from high level challenge gold crates to use at a later date. Now I'm max level it's actually so rare to get decent gear from challenge crates.

The only reliable way to gear out your survivors without paying $$ is TG store gambles and by completing missions 13/14 of the distance twice a week.
    MattOfEarthpradi
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Gold crates are gold crates. I don't think Player Level has any effect. One of my guildies has incredible luck getting nice legendary gear from the TG shop gold crates. For 500 TG, it's a hell of deal if you get anything semi- useful. If you want guaranteed at-level gear, buy the 3000 TG epic crates, 7,500 TG legendary crates or the 12,500 gear pieces. (This assumes the bug is fixed where gear was popping one level too low for maxed players)
    romeoGovernatorekimhclew
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    I’ve never actually bought a 3000 TG epic gear crate. I figured the odds of getting legendary gear were slim to none, like the rest of the game. Is it actually a good deal? Do you actually get legendary gear semi-regularly?
  • ekimhclewekimhclew Member Posts: 775
    @Mabiki I agree I use epic gear from time to time as well. One of my outpost bruisers has morgans staff, and I have the pumpkin carver upgraded, and used it a little bit, but I have quite a few good legendary scout weapons so I don't really use it anymore. I've also been at level 20 for quite some time so i have accumulated a lot of good gear for all classes.

That being said, I never bought the epic gear crate because it costs 3000 TG and the legendary gear crate costs 7500 TG. That is a ratio of 1:2.5, so that means I would have to get a piece of legendary gear, with the epic crate, 2 out of every 5 times to make it worth it. I guess I shouldn't have but I assumed, based on history, that it wouldn't produce like that. So i opted to just get the guaranteed legendary gear instead.

To the best of your knowledge, (and anyone else who wants to chime in as well) do you think it produces legendary gear at around 2 out of every 5 tries?
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @ekimhclew
    My results for epic crates have been 13 legendaries out of 72 chances, so 18%
    More like 1 in 5 than 2 in 5

When I bought them, I expected to receive an epic, and focused on the traits instead of the rarity. Was always a nice surprise when a legendary popped up.
    Mabiki
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @DLich said:
    > My first Gold Crate of 2018!!

Here's hoping it's not the only good one you see all year! :p
    DLichDBones
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    ekimhclew said:

I’ve never actually bought a 3000 TG epic gear crate. I figured the odds of getting legendary gear were slim to none, like the rest of the game. Is it actually a good deal? Do you actually get legendary gear semi-regularly?

The odds of pulling a legendary from an epic crate is roughly 20%. I used to swear by the epic crates since 3K is a good bargain regardless. Slightly less damage or health but 2 silvers and 1 gold instead of 2 golds and 1 silver.

I play normal mode distance so I get 4 epic pieces of gear a week. Since then I don’t do epic crates anymore.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    Great so we don’t need anything changed in gold crates... >:)
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 387
    Wow! I’m so lucky! Thank you NG!! My TG are less valuable than the others!
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 71
    Guild : MAVERICKS NWO

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
    MattOfEarth
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

Wow! I’m so lucky! Thank you NG!! My TG are less valuable than the others!

Don't worry, you make up for it with your positive attitude!
    MattOfEarthwrinkled_bag
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Damn, @psychwolf , I've been dreaming of that rifle for ages. Congrats!!
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    psychwolf