Question about the Distance difficulty

Just started the Distance (Hard) and my survivors are level 18. The first mission is difficulty 18 and finishes at difficulty 41. Is this the same for everyone regardless of what level they are at or does it start at your survivor level, just asking because I have seen it mentioned some players pass most levels or even finish it, I find it impossible to get past level 8
“Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
“Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
TheMaltesian

Comments

• Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,369
    The difficulty is the same for everyone regardless of your survivors' levels.

You're going to find easy mode a much better fit for you at this point.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

• TheMaltesianTheMaltesian Member Posts: 46
    Thank you @TheLostOnes for the tips!
    romeo
  • ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 103
    What do u guys think how far i could go with my level 20 toons in hard mode? On normal i can do all rounds but in hard. I want those badges. Could i survive 8 or 9 rounds?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    @ladre5
    It depends on how you'll hold up.
    I managed to get to lvl11 with my lvl20 survivors back in the beginning of the distance. Then wrestler started.

Maybe you should just try it.
    romeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,562
    Aim for the rare badge frags/components. If you can get these consistently then I would suggest sticking to the hard mode. You'll benefit more from a steady stream of rare and potentially epic badges from doing the early missions than you will from completing the whole normal version for the 500k exp/supplies :smile:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    jimmorrison369TJSromeo
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    @ladre5

I was level 20 toons two weeks ago. I farmed easy on Tuesdays with Glenn in lead for additional Supplies and XP. People who tell you normal isn't worth it are lying. The biggest thing you need right now is supplies. A butt ton of supplies.

As far as doing the hard mode you should be able to get the rare frags. Depending how good your toons are even get the components. I was able to clear all 3 rare frags/component levels.

Things to remember. If you take a suicide squad in and let them die the next time you do the mission it will be easier. I would literally take weak toons into battle and let them die just to make the next go around easier. This process can be repeated and eventually all you have to do is run to the exit to complete the mission.
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 563
    WellyLuga said:

Aim for the rare badge frags/components. If you can get these consistently then I would suggest sticking to the hard mode. You'll benefit more from a steady stream of rare and potentially epic badges from doing the early missions than you will from completing the whole normal version for the 500k exp/supplies :smile:

I would qualify that by adding that it depends on the lvl of your heroes. Particularly key ones. I'm still working on getting Sasha and Negan to Legendary so I've switched to doing the Normal version the last few rounds.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 450
    Thanks everyone for your answers. I feel the rewards are better, even if I do only make it to L7
    As my question has been answered this thread can now be closed.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 237
    edited January 2018
    With an all level 20 team i've managed to get even two blue components once very very luckily. It was two weeks ago i think and was a matter of putting saviors against walkers. But normally i'm always getting green components and fragments at least. Experience matters a lot. And the key is charging survivors until difficulty 24, especially assaults, shooters and scouts. With one pink star and gold piercing, no bodyshots until that level. Sasha, Rufus, Tara, badges and ruthless helps a lot too. No need for healing.
    jimmorrison369romeo
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 224
    I do normal on Tuesday and hard on Saturday I can usually get to l 18 after the legendary 2 nd weapon and I have l 22 survivors with good weapons
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Green Horns
    Dodkong
    Ok cool. Saturday i will try hard then
    Thx for ur suggestions!
  • SplatterSplatter Member Posts: 15
    Go for it. I get to level 15-18 (depending on which set of maps are up and my chars are llvl 20). Scouts are very important for killing the heavy dudes.
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    Thanks for all the tips on playing the distance. My survivors are level 19. I can get as far as round 20 on the normal mode of the distance. Maybe with all this info I can finally complete it!
  • Wlff4everWlff4ever Member Posts: 3
    The luckiest i got in the hard mode with good badges and lvl 23 survivors is lvl 33 walkers. I would like to know who has gotten the farthest in the distance on hard mode. I believe it is impossible to beat lvl 41 walkers when we are capped at lvl 23 survivors right now.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @Wlff4ever said:
    > The luckiest i got in the hard mode with good badges and lvl 23 survivors is lvl 33 walkers. I would like to know who has gotten the farthest in the distance on hard mode. I believe it is impossible to beat lvl 41 walkers when we are capped at lvl 23 survivors right now.

Plenty of players have beaten The Distance Hard Mode.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 674
    Wlff4ever said:

The luckiest i got in the hard mode with good badges and lvl 23 survivors is lvl 33 walkers. I would like to know who has gotten the farthest in the distance on hard mode. I believe it is impossible to beat lvl 41 walkers when we are capped at lvl 23 survivors right now.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/29395/the-distance-check-in-thread/p1
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 553

Thanks for all the tips on playing the distance. My survivors are level 19. I can get as far as round 20 on the normal mode of the distance. Maybe with all this info I can finally complete it!

I'm completing it most of the time with lv17. My usual routine is:
    - Early levels get your scouts / warriors and weaker hunters / shooters / assualts charged up on the low level walkers. Then stash them away until the last 5 or 6 maps.
    - Mid maps exploit Tara's leader ability to keep your team topped up with health if they take an unlucky hit
    - There are a few maps where if you don't go fast, you will get overwhelmed by walkers. Memorise them otherwise they can wipe good team members.
    - On maps with freemen, hold back on the first turn if walkers are around. Let them engage the freemen first then 'clean up'
    - On later maps where you're not sure what's coming up, throw in the 'red shirts' (weak team members) to scout them out and, if they get a chance maybe take out 1 tough walker or reduce the gate countdown
    - Last 3 or 4 maps make sure your team have piercing on their weapons otherwise body shots will be an issue. Piercing > total damage.

Only time I don't complete all 22 now is if the last map is Freemen with no walkers. They can be pretty brutal if all 3 are in attack range on your first turn.
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 357
    Thank you, @DrUnpleasant! I will be using your tips on Saturday!
    DrUnpleasant
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,337
    edited January 2018
    @DrUnpleasant Are you able to get past map 18 on the second distance set (next week) or map 20 on the fourth set (last week)? This week the last level is practically impossible as it's just Freemen, and the third set is pretty easily beatable. As far as I've heard no one can get past those maps in the 2nd and 4th set since the wrestler nerf.

EDIT: I'm dumb. Didn't notice your level 17 survivor comment. I assume you're referring to normal mode. My bad haha
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    jimmorrison369
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,337
    Anyways, my typical strategy for hard mode is to get all my assaults and bruisers charged up in the early levels, along with as many of my hunters, shooters, and scouts as possible. The assault and bruiser stun charges are imperative for the high levels, especially with Freemen. When the maps start getting tough, I basically use on every map: Sasha as leader with an incendiary rifle, my best shooter, and some scrap survivor to sacrifice. Incendiary is great for the tanks, armored, goo, or spiked walkers. Also great for getting Freemen in 1-turn struggles. I use my shooters charged critical attacks for one-shotting normal walkers at extremely high levels. Sasha gets herself and my shooter charged very quickly. Bonus points for a shooter weapon with the charging trait. I try to kill as many of the initial spawn as possible before I sacrifice my scrap survivor. Rinse and repeat.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    jimmorrison369