badge strategies

With the free badge unequip event coming up, I thought it would be cool to discuss everyone's badge strategies as I'll probably be making some switches this weekend. I'll list mine but I also have a few questions I've been meaning to ask as well.

I see most players post about stacking a survivor with all damage and critical damage badges or with all damage reduction and health badges (depending on class of course). I hardly see anything about critical chance badges, though. What are your thoughts on these? Do they have a place in RSL 30+ missions?

My scout and shooter have the damage and critical damage combo and I love it. My hunters have a combination of damage, critical damage, and critical chance. Bruiser has damage reduction and health badges. Warrior has damage and damage reduction badges (love this combo on this class). Assaults seem to be where I'm most torn and where I see the most variety in badge strategy on here. Some people stack them like a bruiser, but others boost their damage as well as a few health/damage reduction badges. I'm very curious about what the community uses for this class.
Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
ToddCollierjimmorrison369OneVoiceromeo

Comments

• OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 529
    edited January 2018
    There’s another free badge unequip event coming up? Awesome! I just waisted 150 gold approx. making adjustments last night. Oh well. I still love this event.
    Here’s what I got on my A-Team for now:
    Daryl -

Magpie -

Gov -

These 3 are a well rounded team. As I get better badges I’ll use them accordingly.
    romeoToddCollier
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    I'd go with +dam (inc 1x %) and +damage reduction to Assaults (like most here), +crit damage and +damage for shooters (for that lovely ability crit damage) and +damage +crit % for hunters.

Don't really care about the other classes because they suck horribly.
    Overgrowdaworld
  • QB34QB34 Member Posts: 60
    I remember seeing in another thread about putting fixed numbers on certain classes and percentages on others but can't remember the specifics. Can anyone help refresh my memory
    @Governator
    Maybe in the I lane you could put what class they are in.? Brute I assume would be bruiser, and Daryl Jr. would be Hunter? That would also help others to see how you equip the class behind the name.

• crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    Thanks everybody!

@QB34 Generally you want % badges on classes with a high base stat with whatever your improving (ie: % damage increase badges on scouts and shooters because they're already powerful to begin with). You'll get way more than the flat rate '+' badges because it's a percentage. You want the '+' badges with those classes who naturally have a lower base stat in that area (ie: +damage badge on a bruiser). A % badge on these classes will hardly add anything to them.
    OvergrowdaworldBttlOpenerWeekOnePic
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,286
    > @Overgrowdaworld said:
    > @Governator
    > Maybe in the I lane you could put what class they are in.? Brute I assume would be bruiser, and Daryl Jr. would be Hunter? That would also help others to see how you equip the class behind the name.

I have my survivors memorized so I left that off the spreadsheet. Brute is an Assault and DarylJr is a Scout. I used to have a column that indicated if the badge bonus applied to the Survivor trait, but that became too cumbersome. I’ve thought about getting fancy and entering each Survivor trait and then cross referencing with the badge and displaying who would get the bonus. But, I’ll leave that for another day. I have 50 survivors to deal with.

Overall, my strategy is to maximize the trait bonuses first and then find the best badges for that specific Survivor. My A-Team gets the Legendary and Epic badges. I also make sure I can get a set bonus for each Survivor even if I need to go with a lower rarity badge.

I hope that helps!
    OvergrowdaworldWeekOneJuliana
    edited January 2018
    @Governator
    That’s a great strategy. If you look at the way I have my badges in above pics, I do the exact same thing. Go with a lower rarity badge to get the set bonus if I have to. Usually it’s only 1 maybe 2 badges that need to be lower rarity.
    The better ones go to their replacements, for when 1 of the A-Team are healing.
    Governator
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited January 2018
    Hi @crambert_nec ... very nice post.. thank you!

This will help people get ready for the event.

I spent a lot of time the last event to organize my badges and I’m more than happy to share my spreadsheet if it helps anyone. :wink:

It’s a colour coding system in google sheets and is very easy to maintain.

This is what it looks like:

Here his the link: Colour Coding Badge System by WeekOne
    [if someone is going to use this, please do not edit, save a copy to your device or whatever system you use then start playing in it]

The 6 colour groups identify the location of the badge.

Personally, I don’t need to identify which one is legendary as I usually just look at the best one for my survivor.

I also added a ‘notes’ at the bottom to help me come time for badging. Several of my guild mates and some of the forum members helped me; especially the data guys.

Every time I have a new badge, I update my spreadsheet so it’s not time consuming once you are set up.

Anyhow... everyone has their preference when it comes to organizing stuff and here is mine. If it can help someone, great.

Cheers!

**Edit #1: To replace the picture... I like this one better!

**Edit #2: To add what the colour code represents... tks @crambert_nec for asking what it meant.

Addition at 3:51pm:

-Before I start badging, I look at the best badges for my survivor and try to get a full set. Melee vs Ranged obviously get badged differently so it helps me using a colour code system. I’m not super technologically savvy like others in here so this system works well for me but maybe not for others.
    crambert_necGovernatorPain WalkerMischa
    @WeekOne So I'm a little confused, what do the different colors mean?
  • zboneszbones Member Posts: 161
    @Governator what would it take to get a copy of yours?
    edited January 2018

@WeekOne So I'm a little confused, what do the different colors mean?

It’s to identify the location of the badge (1 - 6)

biter370
    @WeekOne Thanks. I see now. The colors correspond to your "#" column, correct?
    Correct @crambert_nec

In groups.... I will always put the % first and then the amount, respecting the group that it’s in... so it makes it easy for me to pick the best one when I’m badging.

Also if I get a better badge, it’s an easy fix for me ;)
    The system has worked very well for me so far... there is only two survivors that I want to swap badges this weekend to test them out and decide if I keep the swap or not.
    If I use fillers, I make a note of it by highlighting that cell so I know what I need to look out for.

Here’s an example of Damage Reducce badge filler from Group E that needs to be replaced as soon as possible:

ads888
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,612
    For Bruisers I use Damage reduction and Health increase. Quite easy to make a bruiser with 10,000 Health.

Scouts and shooters I like critical chance and critical damage increase.

Warriors hunters and assaults Damage and health increase.

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    WeekOne
    > @zbones said:
    > @Governator what would it take to get a copy of yours?

Join my guild and earn 1500 Stars for 3 straight weeks. :lol:

I’ll set up a public Google Drive folder and anyone can have it. It helps to know how to do data validation in Excel. I use drop-down lists for the key cells.

Watch this thread for the link. I’m tied up through Friday.
    bigbeano
  • zboneszbones Member Posts: 161
    @Governator Thanks, this will work out nice. It will take time to get the data inputted but should help in the end. I am impressed with the kind and amount of badges you have collected, nice work.
    Governator
    > @zbones said:
    > @Governator Thanks, this will work out nice. It will take time to get the data inputted but should help in the end. I am impressed with the kind and amount of badges you have collected, nice work.

Thanks! Glad it will work for you! Once you have it set up, you only need to add new badges as you get them. I do ignore 1-Star badges. Those are not recording. And I’ll only add 2-Star badges if I need them for making a set bonus. I may start using 2-Star badges on my B-Team scrubs I use as fodder for The Distance. But a 3% Damage Reduction really won’t help against a Level 38 Walker. :lol:
    Thank you for sharing @Governator
  • AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    I know its necro but
    @Governator Cheers for sharing spreadsheet m8

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

GovernatorDBones
  • ReserveNinjaReserveNinja Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    My highest level survivor is 19. Just a question about badges here...
    Am I trying to collect all 376 badges or am I collecting and filtering my best badges until I reach my badge limit?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,770
    @ReserveNinja the basic rule of thumb is any badge is better than no badge. So you’ll generally fill your you’re quota by which time you should hopefully have a good stockpile of leg epic and rare on your most used survivors at this point you’ll be looking for only rare and above so you’ll start getting rid of anything lower hoping to craft better or equivalent then after much time you’ll have only legendary and epic and struggle to craft anything as wont have space without scrapping usable ones.