Challenge Boycott

Well, I’m going to be taking a break from the challenge after this week. I’m actually quite enjoying this challenge, even though the freemen make it quite tough - mainly because the Round Passes last week (being awarded every 3rd round) got rid of a good chunk of the grind. I just can’t face the thought of the endless grind next week.

NG have experimented with a couple of tweaks to challenge structure (the Ultimate Challenge and RP after 3), both of which have met with overwhelming support on here, but are not being implemented currently. Whilst I understand the argument that NG don’t want to alienate a portion of the player base with UC, it should be remembered that the grind was made much worse by NG changing the start point of the challenge to L14 for everyone past L20 survivors. So NG have already alienated a portion of the player base - we are just asking for a fix to increase the enjoyment we get from the game.

I will do some outposts and play the distance for a while, and watch for news on here. I don’t want to give up on 2 years invested in this game, but I just can’t carry on with the monotony of the “challenge” as it is. What has hurt is having to leave my guild - I have friends that I have made through this game, but I can’t contribute to the guild without playing the challenge.

My personal wish for 3.0 would be for challenge progress to award “guild points”, and outpost missions and Distance progress did as well. That way players could contribute to a guild without having to play the challenge. Many, many players (particularly end-gamers) are bored with the challenge. Please NG, listen to feedback on here and make some changes. Please also take this as constructive feedback, I’m not moaning. I love this game, but the changes you have made have taken the fun out of it. I’m saying this because I care about the game and I don’t want to give up after playing for so long.
GovernatorZetteJenng8900rpmtabernaciamedgeNick371Riswrinkled_bagekimhclewpaintbeastkkatsucapibaramimicaJackBauerMurdoquebradleyharveyArtisanstallinieWellyLugaTroublemakerbigbeanoSlowMosuzequeueJadenBrassB[Deleted User]SteinarpradiholoBuckzzCrystal911sligoemRINO4739KaLiDBonesSPC_TORRESMrsScattercushionKillersZBalubanflyingcowkingmik81romeo

Comments

• PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 244
    kkatsu said:

I'm with you. At least kind of. Maybe if more of us will start limiting time we spent on challenge they will do something with all the grind nonsense.

Last week I gained 14 round passes after completing 42 rounds. Thanks to that I was so happy with start of current challenge to avoid so many pointless levels. Yes, it wasn't still really challenging for the most part, however at least I didn't have to waste my resources and time on it. Right now I completed 35 rounds and I will call it a day. Yes, it will finally get challenging however I'm not willing to spend so much more time to gain what? I would have complete 5 more rounds to get just one pass, 5k TGs and some xp plus crap of gear. And this finally got challenging so that would mean I will have to start repeating maps, wait for healing etc. I will play a little bit of outpust instead for the rest of the week and get as far as I can in distance. No more challenge this week. I have enough. I would love to have those challenging levels in front of me like 2 days ago and not on Saturday evening after 3 days of tiredness and boredom in all those useless levels of challenge.

No more boosters for me as well. They don't even bother to respond to our request and I feel like they are showing us middle finger instead with either silence or comments that I would rather not see from them. And I mean proper respond or plan not some idiocy or joke of comment.

NG show us your cards and plan for the game for the rest of the year. Until then I will start limiting my time spent on challenge and I do hope others will do the same.

I’m on round 35 now. Still finding three of the levels a comfortable three star. The other three (the ones with the freemen) are getting a bit more interesting now. I enjoy being challenged and it has taken me to now to get challenging. My problem is that next week I will have to play through so many extra boring levels at the start. Meaning I will have less time to enjoy the more interesting bit now.

I agree with you - some comment from NG is needed, some kind of reassurance that they are listening, they care and they have plans that will keep everyone happy and playing.

Thanks for your comment, happy hunting
    Zettekkatsu
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    Pandreq said:

I’m on round 35 now. Still finding three of the levels a comfortable three star. The other three (the ones with the freemen) are getting a bit more interesting now. I enjoy being challenged and it has taken me to now to get challenging. My problem is that next week I will have to play through so many extra boring levels at the start. Meaning I will have less time to enjoy the more interesting bit now.

I agree with you - some comment from NG is needed, some kind of reassurance that they are listening, they care and they have plans that will keep everyone happy and playing.

Thanks for your comment, happy hunting

You've got to be buying 24hr gas to get to those levels, right? I hit 1,100 stars for the first time last week due to the free 24hr gas. I generally top out around 900. Part time, part straight boredom (your original point of this topic).

TheRealSavage
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Round 35 is not impossible, especially because of previous round passes.
    Pandreqromeo
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,468
    Agree 101%.
    PandreqThe_OvercomerDBonesromeo

You've got to be buying 24hr gas to get to those levels, right? I hit 1,100 stars for the first time last week due to the free 24hr gas. I generally top out around 900. Part time, part straight boredom (your original point of this topic).

No, I haven’t bought the gas. 1428 stars and still going strong this week.....
    romeo
    Agh!! It cut off the rest of my reply. And I’m not typing all that again, I have stars to get
    Damn, it’s done it again. Very short version - I am ftp, just play challenge
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    Pandreq said:

Wow, I just don't see how. When each map costs me 5 gas and I only have 25 total, I'm not seeing how to get that many stars. I guess you've figured it out though :)

I just got 2 level 20 survivors, the rest are mostly 18 and a few 19. I do know the higher level you are, the faster the stars are achieved, but, I didn't think the spread was that big.
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 586

Pandreq said:

Wow, I just don't see how. When each map costs me 5 gas and I only have 25 total, I'm not seeing how to get that many stars. I guess you've figured it out though :)

I just got 2 level 20 survivors, the rest are mostly 18 and a few 19. I do know the higher level you are, the faster the stars are achieved, but, I didn't think the spread was that big.
    @thisdoesfine
    It can be done... timers... watching ads (lots of ads)... we had someone in my last guild who did that.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    I_Am_Psycho
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870

I've got 22s and I'm at 1459 presently. I got 1619 last challenge, all ftp. But here's the thing. It's not just a level difference.

I've been playing long enough to have 2-4 levels more than your survivors, plus I've been at this level for a while now. But that time playing has bought me other advantages as well. I have a couple 7 star survivors in each class, and several of my heroes are legendary now, which means I probably have higher rarity as well as higher level.

Also, having been at 22 for some time, I have a decent set of gear for my survivors that I've collected and upgraded in that time. Also, I may have gathered more and better badges than you've been able to. Finally, I have 29 gas in my car, while you have 25.

When you add up all these advantages, it translates to a lot of stars. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. You're doing great!

Oh, another thing I do is hoard gas for the start of the challenge. Once the challenge ends, I start saving gas. I usually only play the episodes on Mondays, and then save gas through Tuesday and Wednesday until the challenge starts. Sometimes I play some Distance on Tuesday, but then I'm more likely to spend some gold on gas early in the next challenge (but all the gold I spend is collected in chests and quests).

Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    ChiefkeoI_Am_Psychothisdoesfine
  • haydenfisherhaydenfisher Member Posts: 66
    The amount of gold i had to spend this week just to play the game makes me so frustrated with this company. I want you to make money dont get me wrong. I spend money to support you. but when you blatantly force people to spend money to play, makes you look greedy and care more about $ then the quality of game. Next game, if you read this please look at EA games and what happened with battlefront 2. Your heading in that direction
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    I used to get up to 1200 without a booster, now Ive been at 500+ for the last few weeks, havent finished tge daily quest for 3 days or the distance, this game is getting boring, again
    MattOfEarthThe_Overcomeranachro12Rouvinator
    edited January 2018
    Yes I watch a lot of ads, I regularly get 1400-1500 (PB 1630), when real life permits me to play enough. All without spending money. It just takes so long now and the start of the challenge is so dull. But hey, I’ve had a lot of fun playing this over the last 2 years or so. Maybe it’s time to just quit. I live in hope that NG are listening to the comments and have something planned.....

I’m not trying to encourage others to boycott, we all make our own decisions. Was just sharing my feelings.

Thanks for all your comments
    The_Overcomer
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent. No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent. (Lol)
    tallinie
  • MuthazButtaMuthazButta Member Posts: 22
    I have played a lot of games on the phone, and routinely get bored because in the mid to late stages everything takes so long to build so much time to play and so much hard earned resources I would really like to see this game not go that way... I am pretty new... level 11 to 9 characters... so I know I got a long way to go and hope I won't get bored soon.... already getting fed up with not being able to get enough stars for my guild because of the level my round tickets puts me at
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,468

I have played a lot of games on the phone, and routinely get bored because in the mid to late stages everything takes so long to build so much time to play and so much hard earned resources I would really like to see this game not go that way... I am pretty new... level 11 to 9 characters... so I know I got a long way to go and hope I won't get bored soon.... already getting fed up with not being able to get enough stars for my guild because of the level my round tickets puts me at

And NG say players like you are alienated... They don't know a thing about the game's situation except that they read data and think it answers everything.

Baluban
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,020
    @MuthazButta I wouldn't worry too much about how many stars you can get at that stage. At that level your guild shouldn't be expecting too much of you so just focus on upgrading your main buildings (council, training grounds, workshop and farm plots) and get stars at your own leisure :smile:
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 989
    I will point you here (it is a long thread to read through). If you are serious, this is how you do it. For a time, they helped steer the game in player friendly way.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/228226#Comment_228226
    Jenng