Father Gabriel

Hi all,

can anyone tell me how his leader trait works?

It grants x% dodge and increases luckbased skills by y%.

A survivor that does not have dodge, will get x% dodge and his luckbased skills (including dodge) are affected by y%.
A survivor that already has dodge...
a.) will get its dodge affected by x% dodge and his luckbased skills (including dodge) are affected by y%
b.) will get no bonus on its dodge and his luckbased skills (including dodge) are affected by y%

The question comes down to the wording "grants" vs "increases".
As I understand this, the dodge bonus does nothing if a survivor already has dodge.
The luck bonus is applied to all luckbased traits.

?

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,179
    Just to add, at rare with level 2 leader trait he boosts luck by 15% and dodge by 10%. He's one of the heroes who should hopefully be featured in hero week 3 so I've been saving my radios for him. I'm looking forward to running him and my 7* scout, both with dodge on armour and threat reduction/swift strike on weapons :smile:
    KaLi
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited January 2018
    Let's hope that Gabriel doesn't get nerfed! :D
    JackBauer
  • TireaTirea Member Posts: 50
    Thanks for clarification, makes Gabriel a valueable hero.
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    Not dodging anything 5+ lvls above =(
    jimmorrison369
    Father Gabriel can go get back on that rock we found him on in the first place =)
    anthony172Pandreq
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,428
    > @Pic said:
    > Not dodging anything 5+ lvls above =(

True but it can turn crits into body shots which can mean the difference between staying a survivor or becoming a walker.
    WellyLugajimmorrison3691RisLady J
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 681
    > @Pic said:
    > Father Gabriel can go get back on that rock we found him on in the first place =)

Why?
    atrainofficialbigbeano
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Besides dodge, Gabriel also gives a significant boost to all chance traits.

Traits like swift-strike and charging can profit very much.
    Choosing silver anti-stun, threat reduction etc.. on armor can become a much easier choice.
    etc.

Question remains if Gabriel is a great survivor himself.
    Can he pack the punch or take the beating?
    tabernac1Risbigbeano

Besides dodge, Gabriel also gives a significant boost to all chance traits.

Traits like swift-strike and charging can profit very much.
    Choosing silver anti-stun, threat reduction etc.. on armor can become a much easier choice.
    etc.

Question remains if Gabriel is a great survivor himself.
    Can he pack the punch or take the beating?

His non-leader traits are pretty solid for a Scout. I'm not huge on Power Strike because Scouts are meant to move, however I'll take it over Bullet Dodge, Def Stance or Vigilant on a Scout. He might need some badge help but he can be made to pack a punch and/or take the beating.

anthony1721Risjimmorrison369Jaden
    Cronus said:

Btw
    A 3 star (level 3) Gabriel has 10% dodge and 16% "lucky".
    The numbers are much higher than in above picture.

I also think Gabriel's trait isn't correctly described in that image.
    bigbeano1RisAmBush
  • AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100

Cronus said:

Btw

Indeed that image is incorrect.

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

jimmorrison369

Cronus said:

Btw

Yup, he got a buff didn't he? Forgot about that. Anyway it wasn't meant to show his luck and dodge increase due to leadership trait but rather his remaining traits.
    jimmorrison369TJS
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 301
    i could have commented on his leader trait if i found 1 (one) more token to unlock him :)
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Pic said:

Not dodging anything 5+ lvls above =(

I was actually just wondering about this....are we absolutely certain Gabriel's leader trait acts the exact same way as the regular dodge trait (i.e., not dodge beyond a certain level)? I mean, my assumption is that it does, and @Pic is correct here. But do we KNOW that to be the case? Has anyone seen a survivor dodge a melee attack from a walker 5+ levels above it with Gabriel at the helm? If there is no level cap on Gabriel's leader trait, he would be even more valuable at higher levels.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    jimmorrison369
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    @David_H79 , good points, and perhaps I didn't do the best job expressing my question. I do understand that that's how dodge works at higher levels. My point, though, was more along the lines of......at higher levels, will Gabriel's leader trait allow you to "dodge" crit attacks, as opposed to merely turning them to regular attacks? Like I said above, I doubt that's the case, and I would imagine that Gabriel's trait works exactly the same as regular dodge. With that said, you never know with the mechanics of this game, so I was just wondering if we have any confirmation as to how the dodge aspect of Gabriel's trait works. FWIW, I do also agree that dodge still is valuable at high levels, too - it would just be even better if Gabriel allowed you to dodge completely.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    jimmorrison369
    DBones said:

are we absolutely certain Gabriel's leader trait acts the exact same way as the regular dodge trait

I did see your question there, but I simply don't know if it would be the case.
    DBones
    Well looky here he is useful. Didn't think of that. Gimme a few to remove my foot from my mouth.
    DBonesTJS