List of community tips that were turned against us

TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
Hi, so while I like @C_Lloyd and @Conan1976 's threads about good things that happened to the game thanks to the forum, let's remember this:

The forum is a double-edged sword that's also used by NG to spot things that they think may be too good for us.

So for the sake of balance (and not for toxicity) I propose a list of good things -- strategies, small tips, loopholes if you'd like to call them that -- which were shared on the forum and then soon after nerfed by NG.

I can get things started by refering to a very recent post by a now-banned member: Freemen movement in the Museum map.
I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
JenngDBonesSPC_TORRESpaintbeastGovernatorJadenConan1976TheSittingDucksbfSCBMACaptainslayerPigADPaqFragzieantOneVoicejavajnkie

Comments

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Scowley said:

Not sure of the exact details, but the great deal in the shop that was rapidly removed after being posted.

It's just like that time I saw a Wal Mart ad for a 4k HD tv for only $50, and then they refused to honor it! How dare they! And then they claimed the ridiculously low price was just a mistake. Ha.
    romeo
  • LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 107
    Absolutely 100% necessary. Im no apologist for ng but that wrestler nerf was required. Maybe not the way it was implemented in its current form, but when it was changed to instakill it went from a must scrap trait to a must take trait and was screaming for a hit with the nerf bat.
  • warwar Member Posts: 446
    If you were fast enough you were able to X-out of an ad instead of watching 30 seconds to get your three free locked crates unlocked. Now, I shared this with someone via PM, mind you. I just wanted to see if there would be any reaction from a developer; there was. Months and months of not watching ads I willingly shared it with a forum member and coincidentally it was patched a few days later, which proves they read private messages on these forums.

#exposed
    OneVoice
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    When people ask me "why there is no bruise when facing certain RSL's" this thread is the reason why I don't tell anyone on the forum.

Sooner or later NG will figure out what's causing the issue, but until then I enjoy instant healing on "bruised" survivors in outposts and in scavenger and some challenge missions.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    CaptainslayerT_12OneVoice
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    How about that time they offered $100 bundle for $10 and once it was shared on here it was removed.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    GuapoT_12
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    After we had The Suburbs challenge for the first time, there were some great strategy videos posted on how to block one of the tanks from spawning on the Dumpsters map. The second time that challenge came around NG made it so we couldn't do that anymore (plus added more walkers to the map). I don't think we ever had that challenge again after the second iteration, but that was still pretty shitty though.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JenngTheSittingDuckant
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,994
    Jaden said:

After people shared how many walkers they farmed on season 7B (Bad Neighborhood) after closing the gate, they fixed the map the next time around to not spawn walkers anymore after closing.

For whatever reason... Every walker after 100 gives only 1 XP - kill 1k walkers and it is still just 1k XP, totally not worth the time and effort but people had fun with it, so why change it?

And don't forget the infinite fatties that now spawn on that gate mission from this week's challenge (the one with the barn).
    SCBMA
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    Airplane mode .
    crambert_necMabikijesterbigbeanoJenng
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    It's funny that there is a disagree on that last one.
    MabikiJapes87TheLostOnesJenng
    jester said:

It's funny that there is a disagree on that last one.

It's my disagree. I wasn't even playing the game back then, but I've read about it. While using wrestler LLS for the Distance clearly qualifies as a tip, something like the airplane mode to infinitely re-roll radio calls is equally clear as an exploit, as far as I'm concerned.

Any reasonable game developer would crack down on that once discovered.
    Captainslayer
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    Disagree as you will , but airplane mode was in reference to TG crates because I wasn't around if airplane mode was ever used for radio calls . Maybe I should have elaborated , but it was from a couple of forum comments that is was immediately fixed by the devs and I though that was the topic of discussion?
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,441
    Friendly and final reminder:

The following topics are strictly off limits:

Cheating, hacking, game exploits. Talking or discussing cheating, hacking or game exploits.
    Japes87 said:

Disagree as you will , but airplane mode was in reference to TG crates because I wasn't around if airplane mode was ever used for radio calls . Maybe I should have elaborated , but it was from a couple of forum comments that is was immediately fixed by the devs and I though that was the topic of discussion?

The topic of discussion, as I read it, was about community tips turned against players
    I personally draw a line between gameplay tips and exploits..Using LLS or hiding behind hay bales on a map qualify to me as gameplay tips. Switching device modes to allow you to re-roll things you wouldn't normally be allowed to re-roll is a different category. Only my opinion, of course.

If you care to elaborate with regard to how airplane mode was used with TG crates, I would be happy to reconsider my disagree if it bothers you. But if it involved using airplane mode to disconnect a bad roll and then re-connect, I don't think my opinion will change.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,548
    edited January 2018
    In early Outpost Days I remember that nice outposts where you where able to get up to 5k TG.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    TheLostOnesJapes87