All the time in the world!!

Timer removed for this weeks challenge!!!

AWESOME NG!!!!!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
zeekdogConan1976capibaraSPC_TORRESmack22JadenTroublemakerekimhclewflyingcowkingpradi

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,078
    This should be perm. But I guess often times it gets the big dogs to buy 2 gas opposed to 1. Typically I buy a gas on Wednesday. Then a Gas/XP on Saturday to do Challenge and replenish my XP to keep upgrading.

Non the less thank you so much and also should help play catch up on community event.
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    Too late NG many stopped playing hardcore including me.
    T_12
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    Just one more thing they are "looking at the data" on. Your player base is unhappy. What more data do you need? Make some permanent (or even semi permanent) changes to fix the grind while you still have players.
    R2runfastwarJadenDBones
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Doesn't fix the grind at all. It really just helps players that wanna go from 0-1000 stars in an hour. I'm still thankful that there's no cool down this week. When I get home from work I can just bang out my stars until I reach my capacity without anything stopping me.

There's 2 types of grind.

There is the time grind, the hindrance of time by having to continually play lower level maps in conjunction with a cool down timer

There is the play grind, part of the first one is the sense that you have to play so many lower level one's

Removing the cool down timer fixes the first part, not really the second. But it's better than nothing if only temporary.

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Thanks NG for listening to manybplayers requests to remove this. I don't buy gas boosters but I'm tempted to do so thus week.

As a f2p player it's does effect me but as the same time it doesn't bother me if it was to be removed permanently. As I say, I'm tempted to buy a gas booster and if it was permanent I'd likely buy some in the future.

Thanks again for listening to the players!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,828
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,721
    Love
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    JadenDBonesSCBMAbigbeano
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 234
    I love this change and it should definitely be permanent. I'm a F2P guy 100% so I don't even buy gas boosters, but sometimes if I have a block of time to myself, I will splurge some gold on gas refills and it sucks when the timer stops me.
    More changes are definitely still needed, as even being lvl 18 survivors, I still never reach my wall, but I hope they at least see this as a step in the right direction.
    TheRealSavagedead_one
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,161
    It's a welcome thing for the week. Hope you get the data to convince you to make it permanent.

When "The Distance" 2x a week was introduced, one of those times being a Saturday right in the mid of the Challenge duration, the timer lost it's function. It's there just to make players frustrated now.

Thanks.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • BohemianbobBohemianbob Member Posts: 31
    This may appear to be a stupid question but I have not run into this timer on the weekly challenge.

Did it affect all players or was it after you passed a certain level?
    Elder in the Top Secret Guild ⚔️
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526

This may appear to be a stupid question but I have not run into this timer on the weekly challenge.

Did it affect all players or was it after you passed a certain level?

It happened if you completed 3 full rounds within 60 minutes.

Since it's 4 gas a map, 6 maps a round = 24 gas x 3 rounds = 72 gas needed to hit it.

So unless you've ever saved up that much gas or bought a gas booster you would never see it since gas replenishes at a rate of 1 every 10 minutes (basically 6 in an hour)

• BohemianbobBohemianbob Member Posts: 31
    Ahh, thanks! I have bought gas boosters on occasion but speed must not be my middle name
    Elder in the Top Secret Guild ⚔️
  • LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 107
    Ooooooooo lets be able to grind more so we can grind more so we can grind more!

Fuck me...

Lets be real clear folks... this helps grinders grind. Fine and dandy, thats good for them and they wanted it for some time and ng finally delivered (we'll see if its permanent...).

But this does nothing to address the real problem with challenges and thats the grind.

Fix the real problem ng.
    dead_oneTheSittingDuckZette
  • TiddlesTiddles Member Posts: 55
    This not fix problems with grind, NG games have there heads up arses and do not listen to customers, there customer services people need to take a course in customer relations very urgent, I have shop & if I treat customers like NG I would go out of business
    R2runfast
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited January 2018

/>

Lets be real clear folks... this helps grinders grind. Fine and dandy, thats good for them and they wanted it for some time and ng finally delivered (we'll see if its permanent...).

Pretty sure if it were permanent, they would say so, rather than specifically say it is for this week's Challenge.
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 295
    This is why there tends to be a lot of animosity towards NG on the forum, even when they do make positive changes.

I can pretty much guarantee people will be annoyed when the timer is reintroduced next week.
  • dead_onedead_one Member Posts: 4
    What a load of crap, we need a permanent solution to the grind
    Nick37
  • pradipradi Member Posts: 645
    Thank you soo much NG. This is really awesome. This week I really enjoy this game freely. Please don't put the timer again next week.
    Line id : 2011406 | email : [email protected]
    TroublemakerNick37
    @Teeceezy This week cool down timer is back? Please kindly confirm.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Yeah, this week it'll be back. @pradi
    General_Pain
    That is very sad :(
    JadenGeirbigbeanoTroublemaker
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 317
    Every time they give us something helpful it doesn't last
    pradibigbeanoTroublemaker
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    The in-game announcement said it'd just be for the week. Seems like another thing they're trying once or twice and then looking at how much money was spent instead of listening to feedback from the players.
    nadecirbigbeano
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,161
    > @nadecir said:
    > The in-game announcement said it'd just be for the week. Seems like another thing they're trying once or twice and then looking at how much money was spent instead of listening to feedback from the players.
    >
    > I think it's safe to assume NG didn't sell as many boosters without the cooldown timer versus as the challenges with it. So it's back to having the cooldown timer. If NG made more money by eliminating the cooldown timer, you can bet it would be gone again for this week's challenge.
    >
    > The game design decisions for this game are made increasingly more by the NG finance department, it does seem.

All "data reading" about the timer removal will be a lie because on the same week The Distance had only 1 gas cost, the Challenge was a Bruiser bonus and everyone is tired from grinding for lvl 22 green gear or 9 Eugene tokens.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    JayZZette
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 150
    make it forever ffs or make it for ppl use 24hs they don't get hit by it. Its obvious ppl dont take 4 days to hit a wall.