NG -> Everyone wants Ultimate Challenge

Really guys, this in going on for weeks now.
There has been a poll on which 83 procent of the players definitely wanted to keep the Ultimate Challenge to reduce the infinite grinding.

I included 2 screenshots of a previous topic of mine. Doesn't this say enough?

99 agree and 3 disagree.

With this kind of democracy Justin Bieber could be president of the United States...
GovernatorR2runfastzeekdogcrambert_necekimhclewS100200antTJSkkatsuConan1976IvoPutchucoLightfeetricktadaAimless1016xyf80

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,164
    The main problems with UC were:

- Communication. It was terrible and many players simply didn't understand what was going on at all;
    - It was too extreme for a first move/proposal. There is balance to be done.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    AlexFiliUKTheSittingDuckflyingcowking
  • OlivierOlivier Member Posts: 30
    > @Troublemaker said:
    > The main problems with UC were:
    >
    > - Communication. It was terrible and many players simply didn't understand what was going on at all;
    > - It was too extreme for a first move/proposal. There is balance to be done.

Why was it too extreme?
    I still got over 1000 stars which is in fact still too much.
    Once, there were days when we had to struggle to get 400 stars.
    Those were the days where we were still suspected to have a life besides this game ;-)
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    I'd say most of the low level alienating was due to a lack of communication as others mentioned. The low level players saw that their star counts were lower (everyone's were) and they instantly hated it. Plus they got to play less rounds overall. But you're right as there's more parts of the game to play

Like I said in my thread; Ultimate Challenge + optional round passes (so low level players can play more low levels) is the key we're all looking for.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    OlivierTJSJaden
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    That’s a big statement. 100 people agreeing vs 200,000 or more. (Don’t know how many people are active).

I would say adding more stars per mission and reducing rounds for round passes will be a good start for the ultimate challenge.
    anthony172MattOfEarth
    > @crambert_nec said:
    > I'd say most of the low level alienating was due to a lack of communication as others mentioned. The low level players saw that their star counts were lower (everyone's were) and they instantly hated it. Plus they got to play less rounds overall. But you're right as there's more parts of the game to play
    >
    > Like I said in my thread; Ultimate Challenge + optional round passes (so low level players can play more low levels) is the key we're all looking for.

That's true, optional round passes, but a lot more round passes.
    Want to play for it, then don't use your round passes.
    The weird thing is that they don't see it (or they dont want to see it) that they will become high level players too sometimes.
    crambert_nec
    edited January 2018
    @Pain_Walker But adding more stars per mission without reducing the number of rounds does nothing to eliminate the grind.
    bigbeanoholoJadenflyingcowking
    > @Pain_Walker said:
    > That’s a big statement. 100 people agreeing vs 200,000 or more. (Don’t know how many people are active).
    >
    > I would say adding more stars per mission and reducing rounds for round passes will be a good start for the ultimate challenge.
    >
    >

99 against 3...

There also was a poll wich was in the game, clearly in the messages so the ones who were complaining are the ones that want to play a lot because they obviously like to grind...

I guess they can find the news messages in the game ;-)

Through that system 83% wanted to keep the Ultimate Challenge en some 9ish% or so weren't sure yet.

That's one hell of a majority!
    S100200
    > @crambert_nec said:
    > @Pain_Walker But adding more stars per mission without reducing the number of rounds does nothing to eliminate the grind.

Also, what's a star... 3 stars per mission or 1 million stars per mission...
    If they lower it down, what does it matter. It would be the same for everyone.

If tomorrow, everyone in the whole world's money on our bankaccount would be split into half, but also the price from everything we can buy (food, rent, car, house, medical care, simply everything ) would be split in half, what would it matter. It would be the same.
    DoTakJaden
    Pretty sure there was never an in game poll. There was a poll on the forum with results as you described.
    General_Pain
  • mobbiemobbie Member Posts: 150
    nobody wants to hit a wall in less then 2hs...
    Olivier
  • S100200S100200 Member Posts: 94
    @Olivier
    Sorry I did not participate but I would be the number 100 in favor.

tired of making long 30.35 rounds, to enjoy 10.15 rounds.
    pradi
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    I don't want it. No sense in wishing for something that will never occur. Im content in playing any game that you have to play for 6 hours and not be challenged at all unless you spend money and then an entire weekend on.

Its wonderful building a team for almost 2 years just to have them be bored along with myself.

There needs to be 2 options just like the DISTANCE and Scavenge Missions.
    MattOfEarth
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited January 2018
    I believe this is the poll @Oliver made reference to;

I too thought it appears most players preferred the Ultimate Challenge but we've been told that is not the case.

I believe it would be a true statement that the majority of players active on the forum prefer the Ultimate Challenge. As for the players not on the forum, it's impossible to know their opinions so I have to assume NG's statement saying the majority don't. :/

I think what @crambert_nec said is probably the reason for this ;

I'd say most of the low level alienating was due to a lack of communication as others mentioned. The low level players saw that their star counts were lower (everyone's were) and they instantly hated it. Plus they got to play less rounds overall.

There are so many suggestions from so many players claiming to have a fix for the gind yet almost all are at the least slightly different in their ideas.

NG have stated they are aware of the issue and working on a fix. Again I guess we have to hope and believe they are and will. :/

I'm guessing the next update is not far away so I'm hoping it will come with something that at the least improves the grind issue.

I as many are seeing more and more players leaving the game because of this issue. I actually have 2 very good players who haven't begun the challenge this week and I'm fearing they may have given up because of this problem and other problems that persist.

I enjoy this game but if it's to survive, changes in relation with players concerns have to be addressed.

- TJS

*edit - spelling and grammar
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DBonesZette
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @Teeceezy
    This is good news!

I have to admit I love your choice of words. ie; " iteration " :heart:

o:) So as not to alienate anyone who doesn't use these types of words here is the exact meaning of iteration;

the repetition of a process or utterance.
    repetition of a mathematical or computational procedure applied to the result of a previous application, typically as a means of obtaining successively closer approximations to the solution of a problem.
    a new version of a piece of computer hardware or software.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    MadPuppyTeeceezyantGovernator
    In my opinion, with a game with multiple options, its intension is to make people play more than 1 option.

There is:
    * The Challenge
    * The Storyline
    * The Distance
    * Scavenge Missions
    * Outpost
    * Weekly Show-based levels

Between Wednesday and Monday, while The Challenge is active, I cannot play any of these without suffering stars lost in The Challenge because there isn't just enough time.

Even the newest option, The Distance can not be played (I only play it with events like the 1 gas cost in The Distance). That's a shame, to be forced to having to put aside a new game mode.
    TroublemakerPandreqGovernatorALF4reals
  • walkerhunterwalkerhunter Member Posts: 27
    Teeceezy why can’t we have a choice like on the distance. Ultimate or normal challenge. Should be easy to implement. Then it’s fair and we can move on.
    Troublemakeranthony172
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576

Teeceezy why can’t we have a choice like on the distance. Ultimate or normal challenge. Should be easy to implement. Then it’s fair and we can move on.

Because it's not easy to implement - that's a whole new feature that would need to be developed instead of something else. :/
    General_Pain
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,673
    I think it would be extremely difficult to implement a 2 difficulty challenge without it having a knock on effect on the leaderboards. I know a lot of people don't care about this but sometimes a few stars mean finishing outside of the top 10 and I would hate for this to happen because someone else chose the easy, grindy challenge over the ultimate challenge.

@Teeceezy Is there a time scale in terms of weeks until we get this new tester challenge?