NG -> Everyone wants Ultimate Challenge

2»

Comments

• TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    Olivier said:

> @Pain_Walker said:

> That’s a big statement. 100 people agreeing vs 200,000 or more. (Don’t know how many people are active).

>

> I would say adding more stars per mission and reducing rounds for round passes will be a good start for the ultimate challenge.

>

>

99 against 3...

There also was a poll wich was in the game, clearly in the messages so the ones who were complaining are the ones that want to play a lot because they obviously like to grind...

I guess they can find the news messages in the game ;-)

Through that system 83% wanted to keep the Ultimate Challenge en some 9ish% or so weren't sure yet.

That's one hell of a majority!

still not indicative of the entire player base, remember where you could vote on the weekend bonus event? I'd bet it was 99-3 on the forums to have anything but jackpot , but guess what won? jackpot, because the majority of players are probably casuals who don't even bother going to the forum, ever
    antScowley
  • TechfallTechfall Member Posts: 168
    Teeceezy said:

Teeceezy why can’t we have a choice like on the distance. Ultimate or normal challenge. Should be easy to implement. Then it’s fair and we can move on.

Because it's not easy to implement - that's a whole new feature that would need to be developed instead of something else. :/
    like developing a way to swap gear?
    TheSittingDuck
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 734
    Teeceezy said:

Teeceezy why can’t we have a choice like on the distance. Ultimate or normal challenge. Should be easy to implement. Then it’s fair and we can move on.

Because it's not easy to implement - that's a whole new feature that would need to be developed instead of something else. :/
    This isn't a new problem. The fact that there isn't substantial development already in the pipeline is disappointing. Even more disappointing is that it sounds like there isn't significant development/overhaul work to address this issue going on at all even at present...
    jimmorrison369DoTakbigbeano
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,350
    -Round passes every 3 rounds
    -Make using round passes optional each challenge
    -Make the repeated rounds a progression; single rounds for a few, then double, then triple, and finally quadruple at 30+ (this is a concession for endgamers from the UC where there were no triples. Doubles went straight to quadruple at 30). Maybe even no quadruples at 30? Just keep it triple.
    -UC had the second round at each RSL spawn tanks and armored walkers. Maybe only start these special spawns in the repeated rounds once you get past a certain RSL above your survivor level. This is so the lower level players don't complain that things get too hard too fast.
    -Rescale rewards to match accordingly.

NG, you have to eliminate rounds somewhere in the challenge structure to fix the grind for endgamers. Only giving us round passes more frequently is not a fix. It's a great temporary solution, don't get me wrong. But the second "iteration" of the UC where it was just round passes at every 3 rounds didn't do much to fix the grind. Shortening the number of repeated low level RSLs to double rounds instead of triple is really what fixed the grind in the initial UC.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    TroublemakerDoTakDBones
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,725
    edited January 2018
    I suggest again my fix, two challenge, normal with rewards and short losing rewards but no grind.

When a player complete a round full stars (3x), next challenge can choose to start at the last level he completed full stars. I want to say...if i complete level 27 full stars next challenge i will choose if i want to start the challenge as usual or to start at level 27.

If i will start at round 27:
    - i have all the missed stars (to keep guild challenge amount of stars balanced)
    - I lose all the gold, xp, supplies, crates, gas, etc..of the skipped games
    - The guild earns the guild rewards relative to instant earned stars (trade goods, phones...)
    - I will be more motivated and i have more time to play Distance, outposts, scavenge, etc...
    - I will not lose veterans guild players tired to play 24/7 to reach a competitive and fun level of the game.

if i don't want to start at round 27:
    - i will play the challenge as usual
    - Earn xp, supplies, gold, phones as usual...

That's easy... Everyone based on their week, will decide to start the challenge as usual and earn rewards, or just compete for fun the best of the challenge. :)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    jimmorrison369tabernac
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,828
    Teeceezy said:

@capibara
    I'd vote for your solution, to be sure.
    But I'm sorry to say the reply by Teeceezy here applies to your suggestion too. :(
    capibarajimmorrison369
  • git2525git2525 Member Posts: 9
    The way i see it is we could have 2 challenges running alongside
    Similar to distance in a way
    But...
    It all depends on your guild
    If it’s hardcore guild then it’s ultimate challenge
    If it’s casual type of guild then grind’s on
  • AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 160
    Having more difficulty options is the only way to please everyone.