Perhaps this can be explained

So I was a huge advocate back in the day for removing rare (green) gear from gold crates in this game. There are so many reasons.. but here is a few , time and current game climate have not affected them in my opinion .

1. No players upgrade any rare pieces of gear except the special pitchforks or Rufus' special flame weapon. (Which aren't in gold crates anyways) So every single player is dissapointed when it happens . EVERY TIME

2. Rare gear is already in silver crates , which don't contain epic or legendary gear , so logically it doesn't make sense

3. The system is in place where players have the option to open more crates with gold , this part of the game actually dissuades them from spending gold to open crates (as a large spender , I actually stopped spending gold to open crates long before I quit NML) this = NG making less money

Sooo it upsets and annoys the player base, takes value away from rare gold crates which should be a positive part of loot in the game , and costs NG revenue .. Perhaps there is a culture disconnect here or something I am missing ? Why on earth would this continue to be a part of the game ? Especially when it is so easily adjusted ... Honestly , NG would not even have to raise the droprates of Epic and Legendary gear , it would even be better from a game morale level just to have them replaced with other currency or loot .

In the current game climate , it boggles my mind why little simple fixes like this aren't made to appease and gain some good will from the community so they keep playing/spending

@Kaz welcome to the forums , you seem like a breath of fresh air and someone that can help Teeceezy with his tough job , care to weigh in on anything I am missing here as to why green auto-scrap gear is still in golden crates in NML?

Disclaimer : I'm a little jaded because my favorite color is green and this game made me hate my favorite color for quite some time :)
zeeblackcrambert_nec5megheadCaptainslayerKazT_storm69DodkongMrsScattercushionADPaqantTheCrabDBonesMystiquepradiJadenPandreqZetteALF4realsSPC_TORRESKaLitheldssdlTheSittingDuckScowley8900rpmLady JSPCanniesprinklesWhoareyouklman1612ekimhclewrustynail

Comments

• DLHDLH Member Posts: 401
    Well I can say that I do upgrade green gear on my alt account because that’s all that low level players get. (Hmmmmm wonder how much of NGs “new player base is alt accounts”)
    AND. Can’t disagree with anything else...except green should never be a favorite color. Lol
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    Japes871RisSPC_TORRESflyingcowking
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Well I was part of several top guilds for quite some time in this game and even the F2P players did not upgrade green gear , most were hesitant to even upgrade Epic gear .. this is a test sample of hundreds and hundreds of players too .. I can't see how even alt. Accounts would be upgrading green gear , unless the climate of the droprates in the game has changed so drastically that it is beneficial to upgrade green gear because of a shortage of Epic and Legendary drops . If there is even one player that reads this that likes green gear in a gold crate , I'd love to hear it and I will respectfully crawl back into the woodwork haha ..

@DLH There are many nice things that are green , especially ladies with green eyes :)
    Murdoquedlbpaintbeastanniesprinkles
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I upgraded lots of green gear as I was levelling up, because it is really hard to find better at levels 1-15 or so.

In doing so, i learned that a green with good traits is much better than an epic with crappy traits - a philosophy that carries over to epic vs. legendary gear.
    1RisShannaraChiefkeoanniesprinkles
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    edited January 2018
    I still sport some green gear because I haven't found epic/legendary at the right levels with the right traits.

EDIT: Of course I probably wouldn't have that problem if gold crates were guaranteed epic+
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    anniesprinkles
    Well It seems the epic and Legendary gear well has dried up since I left.. well played NG
    Lambarianniesprinkles
    I'd still like to see one player admit they are happy when they see green for a gold crate though (or a survivor)
    anniesprinkles
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,468
    Another problem that's around since forever and NG does nothing about.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Japes87 said:

I'd still like to see one player admit they are happy when they see green for a gold crate though (or a survivor)

I'm much happier to see epic or legendary gear, but since it has always been this way since I started playing, I don't take it as a personal affront when I get green gear. But I guess that's just me.
    GkingsChiefkeo
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Even if the drop rate percentages for Rare gear was rolled into Xp and/or supplies, that would be an improvement.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    paintbeastanniesprinklesekimhclew
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 392
    The main issue I have is that rewards do not scale with effort put into the game.

Personally I'd prefer if anything lower than epic was removed from gold crates and replaced by XP or supplies. This wouldn't even necessarily need to affect the existing epic and legendary drop rates, although increasing those would be hugely welcomed.

As for levelling up, I used many rare and even uncommon weapons as that was all I had available. But once again, players who are more advanced in the game shouldn't be penalised for putting in the time and effort to make that advancement, see piss poor drop rates once you hit high RSLs in the challenge.
    Japes87anniesprinkles
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    Brilliant minds think alike, @DLich ;)
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    DLich
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 392
    Kaz said:

...If for example, you can't find Rare gear from Golden crates anymore, and instead you get XP/Supplies, but the drop rate from legendary/epic equipment, gear, phones and so would remain the same. Would you think that it would be an improvement already or are you suggesting a total rework of the golden box rewards?

Yes. It would be a huge improvement.
    Scowleyanniesprinkles
  • ALF4realsALF4reals Content Creator Posts: 288
    Here comes my two cents y'all...

@kaz First off let me again welcome you to the forums, as a relative newcomer myself, please don't let the amount of rage and shade being thrown around to dissuade you from answering our general concerns with the game. Now, I do agree with your suggestion that removing Rare items from gold crates could upset the economy of the game. Its basically like releasing more money into the economy, thus diluting it's value. However you could replace SOME of the drop rate % of Rare weapons and gear with Rare Badge Fragments and Components. NG would need to tweak the drop rate a bit though, otherwise we'd all be inundated with Badge Fragments (wouldn't that be a shame lol). Personally I know I would be much happier getting a Rare Badge Fragment out of a golden crate, that I could potentially turn into a Legendary Badge. Unless that COMING SOON button in The Craftsman let's me UPGRADE my Rare Gear, then this whole thing is a moot point. So then I'd be able to have a chance to turn that worthless scrap into useful equipment.
    Trust in NG *rubs ears* woo-sahhh

If you like my videos why not check them out on the YouTubes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNZhPyxCp36-ctXh7CHUvg?view_as=subscriber
    KazJayZ
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    Count me among the many "ANYTHING but green gear in gold boxes" camp. I also echo the sentiment that I will not watch ads or spend gold to open additional gold crates because it is not worth it for 6-7k XP scrap value of the inevitable green gear
  • GeirGeir Member Posts: 40
    @Kaz
    For me I have look for armor gear to scout from the last update around 4 months.
    What I look for is armor with stun resist.
    NG don't sell this in shop either so it's not a conflict with there shop.

All I received is epic silver stun and that's not help much when NG love bring in heavy stun walkers into the game.

So the frustration is why can't they put something we really need in crates when they not sell this In shop ?.
    It's gives a big handicap for the players don't find what they need.

Hope you can ask NG about this .
    Thanks
    Kaz
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 382
    Like for many players, green gear is extremely frustrating if received from gold/challenge crate and is completely useless.

If NG still won’t be convinced to replace it with XP, I can tell that I’m not scraping it straight away but keeping for 2xXP scrap event. I assume to not be the only one who do that.
    Conclusion? No green stuff = less frustration + better server performance
    Japes87
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    There are three reasons why people hate the green stuff. (Can be applied to epic as well)
    A) lower base damage/health then legendary
    B) lower trait percentages
    C) Scrap value compared to equivalent XP box

I believe if A) would be fixed that all weapons have the same base value then people would start thinking of using green stuff if it has their desired set of traits.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    anniesprinkles
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    @Kaz

I'm personally fine with the epic/legendary stuff dropping all round. I get more than I have the XP for to upgrade.

The only thing I find troublesome about the green and brown gear dropping is the hassle of scrapping it. So you'd make my day if in one of those meetings the disicion would be made to have an option developed where we as users can simply have the game autoscrap all lootbox results of a level or our choosing.

But this should not include the gear we already hold, since we might have bought something unique from the tradestore (for instance) that we would like to hold on to. Like the pitch fork, or such items.
    Kaz1Risanniesprinkleslioncheeter