TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576

Comments

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,536
    Teeceezy said:
    Is this now permanent? If so, me like a lot. :sunglasses:
    SCBMApradiAndreaJenng
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Teeceezy said:

This Ultimate Challenge will run from January 31st to February 5th, and will take place on Memory Lane.

:) @Governator

GovernatorSCBMApradiJenng
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    Good news :)
    GovernatorSCBMApradiJenng
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    Really want to see how the 5 rounds for a pass will affect this. :)
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks @paintbeast. We have analysts that will look at the data and will be able to tell us more.
    jessieroxanne
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 317
    1 week again? How about something permanent?
    capibara[Deleted User]anthony172zeowerusdocrodders
  • zeekdogzeekdog Member Posts: 179
    Thanks @Teeceezy! Great news!
    Scowley
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,164
    This is great news.

Unfortunately, I'm in total disbelief with NG and their data reading analyists.

Just another week at the office for me until I decide to box my stuff and leave.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    romeokayakxtreme
  • S100200S100200 Member Posts: 94
    @Teeceezy

Be necessary round passes 3, otherwise we will have the most tiring challenge of all in the sequence.
    Thanks for giving us a next challenge more fun and less tiring because it is unbearable.

Troublemaker
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    Can't wait, let's try it.
    1Ris
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,379

It sounds interesting, but I'm a little nervous that there was no mention of the round passes every 3 rounds...

I don't have any more information than you have, but this is my guess based on TCZ's posting which states:
    Teeceezy said:

- Higher starting difficulty for all players:
    - Slightly higher for players whose top Survivors are level 20 or lower
    - Significantly higher for players whose top Survivors are level 21 or higher
    - Two rounds per difficulty instead of three when difficulty is near the level of the player’s top survivors
    - Three rounds per difficulty for the highest levels in the game [26 and above]
    - Fewer Stars needed for players and Guilds to earn rewards

Since higher starting levels will be used, particularly for those players with survivors who are lvl 21 and higher, and since there will only be 2 rounds of difficulty near your RSL and 3 rounds will only exist at level 26 and above my best guess is that the thought is that a player shouldn't have to skip as many levels to "get to the good stuff" since they will already be effectively skipping rounds with the higher starting RSL and 2x repeats instead of 3x repeats.

We'll see how it all shakes out, but it makes sense to me that we're already effectively skipping rounds due to the higher starting RSL and fewer repeat rounds.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

jessieroxanne
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,153
    edited January 2018
    TJS said:

I think it great we're having the UC version 2.

We've all been asking for a change and NG has finally answered, yet before the challenge has even begun players complain.

I'll personally hold off my opinions after the challenge and after I see NG's next move.

It reminds me of the Jackpot thread. Players complain they haven't got a Gold Jackpot, yet the event has been running for 5 & 1/2 hours.

I'm not placing judgment on anyone or suggesting anyone should not voice their opinions or concerns. I also understand the frustration many players feel. I am a player myself and I'm voicing my opinion.

I hope this post isn't referencing all of the posts about the round pass issue for the week after UC2 ends. That does not fall into the "complaining" bucket for me.

Is the tone maybe a bit more negative than it should be? Perhaps. But is this a very valid concern for players? Definitely.

The discussion about round passes is players looking out for each other and also trying to save NG a huge headache after UC2 ends. If players had stayed silent about round passes and waited until after the challenge, you might find a lot of players starting the next challenge with 3-4 round passes instead of 7-8, which would result in a total shitstorm on the forums. People here have very short-term memories (which I'm guilty of myself), and all of the goodwill and goodfeels from UC2 would disappear very quickly if UC2 ends and we return to a grindy challenge with fewer round passes than ever.

I am always in the camp of proactively voicing my opinion and making sure problems are solved before they come up.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    crambert_necpaintbeastJadenTJS
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    @JayZ
    Complaints and Concerns are two different things. If you see my agrees in this thread you'll see this concerns me too.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    1RisTroublemakerJayZJaden
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    NG doesn’t bring UC... people complain
    NG brings UC... people complain
    JayZsbfJadenSCBMAJerryDixonzeowerusbigbeanoADPaqShadowaceAzAval0nzeekdogCzarnyJozeeblackenigma12GForceArtminiusTrae
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,153
    @TJS Fair enough. I don't look that closely at who agrees with what. I just wanted to make sure people felt comfortable voicing valid concerns.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    TJS