Ultimate Challenge 2 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,825

NG doesn’t bring UC... people complain

NG brings UC... people complain

:) Nihil sub sole novum!
    General_PainMadMonkeylioncheeter
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,947
    There is a difference between voicing concerns about the challenge after the UC2 and complaining about the UC2... as has been pointed out.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    paintbeastzeowerus
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 385
    NG has been completely transparent in this process to find a solution. Original UC was advertised as a special event. UC2 also advertised as a special event. @Teeceezy told us that NG will continue the UC events until they are satisfied the final format is great for all players. The only place I think NG falls down is in the speed to deliver the final solution. I’d like to see the UC iterations closer together so we have the new format “soon.”
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    antR2runfastromeo
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,101
    I'm in total disbelief. Really sorry for not having suggestions for a complete fix though.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    edited January 2018

First and foremost I am happy to try the Ultimate Challenge again.
    Thank you for giving it another chance.

I completely understand the concern about round passes being set to 5 and the increased difficulty will make the following week a grunge week. I’m not real excited about it, but if it brings us a step closer to less grind in the future, I’ll hold my nose and take a bite.

I do wish to know if, @Teeceezy, you might be able to add a bit on this;
    - Better chances of finding Weapons and Armor in Challenge Crates

Does that mean better gear and less rare and below or more chances of:

Silver gives UnCommon as well as Rare, somehow I believed Silver was supposed to be better as well. If silver is Uncommon and Rare and gold is rare, maybe better chances of higher total supplies and higher total XP might be more of a benefit, since gold crates give Rare items as well. Most everyone I know who plays simply scrap these “bonus” items anyway.

I want to sing the Silver and Gold song from the Christmas with Rudolph show.

Thank you for your consideration on this,
    ShadowAce
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

AmBushcapibara
    > @sbf said:
    > I know it's been said already, but it bears repeating... @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet @Teeceezy @Kaz We NEED you to properly communicate to the entire player base (not just here in the forum, but in-game):
    > 1. The rewards from the UC are the same (unless they are better, then say that)
    > 2. Star count is scaled differently during the UC, so progress should not be based on how many stars you get, but how far you can push your team
    > 3. If desired, players should repeat levels of the challenge to get the same amount of gear/supplies/xp as in the normal challenge, and that the gas saved from the UC can be used to repeat said rounds, can be used for scavenge, the distance, outpost, story/chapter missions to each person's desire AND that if they do not want to go the the next level of the challenge, to disregard the button that says to go forward when each mission has been awarded at least one star.
    >
    > These are the reasons people did not like the UC the first time around, and it was not properly communicated to them.
    >
    > @Dlich has put forth a scaled system of stars for the UC to keep pace with what we are used to now (with the vast majority of stars being gained at low-level missions which require no strategy or mindfulness at all), so if the main complaint is stars, then scaling them accordingly is an easy fix for this. Personally, I'm with the category of players that don't care much about this, that are more interested in how far we get rsl-wise and how many of those maps are clean, two, or one-starred--but this is a big concern that needs to be communicated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for giving us one week of spending time playing other game modes, or spending time with loved ones, friends, neighbors, enemies, nemeses, pets, et cetera, and feel very happy playing the game while also having time for ourselves. Happy players are players that stick with the game, and I hope that the many people leaving this game every week is not going by unnoticed by NG. Happy players are loyal and if they are the kind of player that is willing to spend money while happy, they will spend more money as happy players than no money as frustrated players. We need you to give us more happy weeks to stem and possibly fix some of the problems that are currently plaguing us, the main one being the grind. And sooner than "soon".

Awesome post!

Unfortunately, this "happiness" won't show up on any data NG gathers, and they have stated multiple times that they only make changes based on data.

That's basicallymymain reason of disbelief.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    sbfcrambert_necR2runfast
    They have stated multiple time that they make changes based not only on data but also on all the feedback through the forum and other social media and support tickets.
    KazTroublemakerGeneral_Pain
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > They have stated multiple time that they make changes based not only on data but also on all the feedback through the forum and other social media and support tickets.

Oh yes! The Jackpot voters who didn't understand a thing about what was going on on UC 1 because of NG usual terrible communication.

There's no data that can explain that too btw.

Don't make me salty @MadPuppy
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,037
    Thanks God, this would be a grind free week. Lets hope NG finds a permanent solution for the grinding acceptable to majority of the players.

I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    JerryDixon8900rpmGovernator
  • AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    edited January 2018
    Teeceezy said:

This As extra fuel for your fire, we have also increased some rewards for this event:

- Better chances of finding Weapons and Armor in Challenge Crates
    - Increased rewards at high star counts for players and Guilds

Will these Weapons and Armor be inline with Survivor levels? I have level 20 Survivors and the only way to find level 20 Weapons and Armor is on easy scavenge (Hard scavenge gives Higher level rewards and i do not wish to level for a while)NOT Equipment scavenge cos thats a TOTAL waste

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,090
    AmBush said:

Will these Weapons and Armor be inline with Survivor levels? I have level 20 Survivors and the only way to find level 20 Weapons and Armor is on easy scavenge (Hard scavenge gives Higher level rewards and i do not wish to level for a while)NOT Equipment scavenge cos thats a TOTAL waste

1. Challenge crate rewards from star thresholds are always in line with your camp level (this is different from end-of-mission rewards which is based on the mission RSL), so as long as you've leveled your camp with your survivors, you should be getting the same level gear from Challenge/Deluxe crates as your survivors.
    2. Why would you be upset with gear that you can use in the future? Keep it and save it for when you eventually do level up. You'll appreciate it later on when you have an impossible time getting good legendary level 23 gear.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Jadenjimmorrison369paintbeastbababooeyAmBush
    Just saw that lots of people already hate this event on Facebook.

It's not an easy task for sure for you guys and right now the only solution I see is to split The Challenge into two modes just like The Distance.

Sorry for my previous saltiness. Although expect me to always be a harsh critic and (non) classy troublemaker.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,947
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, I also always hate being less forced to play and getting better rewards for that. :s
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    kkatsucrambert_necTroublemakerbigbeano
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    "give players a chance to face the tougher and more rewarding missions in the Challenge earlier in the week" absolutely communicates the idea of less grind, just without using the G word.
    Agree that the message ingame states "you'll have a hard time real quick this week". Awesome for us, not so much for beginners. But that's just hype (or whatever the correct word is).

There have been changes. The beginners will have much less of a level bump to start with. So while the message may be unclear, after a week of playing those beginners hopefully will have experienced that it was rather good. Better than the previous iteration.

This will show in the data.

In the end what matters is how well the uc plays for all levels, not just how a news message is received.
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    "Once you get to the good stuff..." a tacit admission that the low level grind is completely useless. @Shteevie @Teeceezy @Kaz @Fearofabotplanet, we need this fixed permanently, not just for one week.

No mention of star-count being lowered due to the STRUCTURE, not due to not doing as well--seriously, this needs to be spelled out for everyone, not everyone has capacity for independent and critical thinking.

No mention of the UC being part of a search for a fix for the grind means NG is planning on having this structure being a once-in-a-great-while event, not an actual solution to the grind--seriously, this needs to be spelled out for everyone, not everyone has capacity for independent and critical thinking.

No mention of saved gas that can be used in other game modes--seriously, this needs to be spelled out for everyone, not everyone has capacity for independent and critical thinking.

No mention of not proceeding to the next level to ensure getting the number/kind of rewards that players want--seriously, this needs to be spelled out for everyone, not everyone has capacity for independent and critical thinking.

This week will be great for, but the framing of the event, as stated above, seems to mean that we'll go back to the grind without a fix any time "soon".
    crambert_necR2runfastPutchuco