Ultimate Challenge 2 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,529
    From the sounds of that post some people are beyond help. No amount of explanation about the altered reward structure will get through as they can't look past the number of stars they get in any given challenge.
  • TiddlesTiddles Member Posts: 55
    I am low level player a no like ultimate challenge, get too hard to play and put me off game, BUT I understand if player high level then grinds big problems and NG can not keep everyone happy, so answer is for easy or hard like scavenging. Solution is easy,
    HARD mode or NORMAL mode
  • lyts1985lyts1985 Member Posts: 59
    We protested for long enough over the fact that high level players beyond lv20 started at a higher difficulty than lower levels, they change it so everyone over 20 starts at the same point, and then a few months later they trial a system where the crux of it is... endgamers start at a higher difficulty than lower levels!? And were grateful for, and even looking forward to this??

Madness. Does NG never learn? If this becomes permanent we'll be back to a situation where players with survivors below lv20 will stick where they are and are still able to put up scores matching or even exceeding those set by endgamers.

Urgh!
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Discussing it on Facebook now, too - and made an interesting observation. The other player said that the lower level players lost out most and this seems to be the perception a lot of players had.

I didn't really look at it that closely, knowing all my guildmates (or at least most) have been happy with the UC. Today I did and found out something very interesting.

Actually, our highest earning guild was affected most star-wise. Highest lost about 26% (compared to the average), middle guild lost 18.5%, lowest guild lost only 6.9% - so the lower the guild, the lower the actual star loss (in our guild family).

Interesting, no?
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    paintbeast
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,430
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > Agree that the message ingame states "you'll have a hard time real quick this week". Awesome for us, not so much for beginners. But that's just hype (or whatever the correct word is).
    >
    > There have been changes. The beginners will have much less of a level bump to start with. So while the message may be unclear, after a week of playing those beginners hopefully will have experienced that it was rather good. Better than the previous iteration.
    >
    > This will show in the data.
    >
    > In the end what matters is how well the uc plays for all levels, not just how a news message is received.

Sorry to disagree with you here.

I think this approach is completely off and you guys are not seeing what really matters for the players.

The way you say it makes it seem like you tweak stuff to get the data you want.

Data does not answer the big questions. You gotta work on feeling sometimes.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    lyts1985 said:

We protested for long enough over the fact that high level players beyond lv20 started at a higher difficulty than lower levels, they change it so everyone over 20 starts at the same point, and then a few months later they trial a system where the crux of it is... endgamers start at a higher difficulty than lower levels!? And were grateful for, and even looking forward to this??

Madness. Does NG never learn? If this becomes permanent we'll be back to a situation where players with survivors below lv20 will stick where they are and are still able to put up scores matching or even exceeding those set by endgamers.

Urgh!

Not everyone was protesting the higher start level.

I never did, and I always felt the complaint over "lost stars" was misguided and I was vocal on the forum about it along with a few others.

Now, even more than ever, I wish my level 23 survivors were starting at a higher level than level 20s if only to eliminate 3 rounds of grind madness.
    David_H79docfinzenburgJaden
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,371
    Thank you @paintbeast and @sbf. I came here to say exactly what you two said. NG, c'mon. You gave us the Ultimate Challenge. Forum users loved it. You told us lower level players hated it. Some of that was a legitimate concern, but some of it was the lower level players being uninformed. So we told you to be more concise and explain the benefits of the whatever the next iteration may be, explain how everyone has lower stars, explain how the reward structure has changed to give you more (or the same) rewards but for less stars. You didn't do any of this with your announcement. You basically said "it's going to get harder faster. Yay!" That's not what lower level players need to hear. Reading the Facebook comments from these kinds of players is making my head explode. They're clearly very uninformed and they are already making up their minds and saying they hate it. This is going to get us nowhere.

I am excited to have another go at the Ultimate Challenge, don't get me wrong. Even more excited because I have an abnormally higher amount of round passes thanks to the Ka-boom challenge. So thank you for that. But also realize that by having this challenge before the UC, the data is going to be very skewed. I hope you guys take that into mind.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    R2runfastpaintbeastPutchucoJaden
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    edited January 2018
    First off, thx much for listening to us and bringing back the UC, modified or not.
    The challenge grind must go, or people will simply stop playing it.

I totally agree with the need for a better message towards the mid-low-lvl players.
    The skewed perception we had with the previous installment of the UC will repeat itself, probably souring the results and the feedback.
    Once we know the exact parameters for the UC we can easily calculate the relative drop in star count. Mind you, relative, as in: same for all.
    Many people do not understand that.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    crambert_necTroublemakerJadenpaintbeast
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,611
    edited January 2018
    Maybe too little too late but an easy way of showing everyone that stars don't matter is by having an "ultimate challange" leader board which is seperate to the normal one. I assume you still have the data from last time. Having a clean leader board will allow newer people to see how they are really doing in the new format. If this ever becomes the standard this has to happen.
    sbfPutchucopaintbeastScowley
  • red234red234 Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2018
    Will the daily quest telling me to play 12 challenge missions change when UC comes around? Because I leave that quest undone most days, it takes up gas that I use in scavenging to upgrade my camp/survivors/weapons. With UC i might as well never finish that quest, particularly later on. Please disable it or make it 6 missions. At least for this week. Most people are not endgamers and we still need to upgrade our camp and survivors therefore we can't play 12 challenge missions a day.

With the increasing difficulty, we're gonna be capped sooner, it'll be even harder to do 12 challenge missions a day. If the devs are gonna make UC permanent, it needs to be reduced to 6 or 4 challenge missions. Permanently.
    PigKaLi
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @MadPuppy adjusting the amount of stars we gain per mission, and/or per round could help.
    But I dont think this is an option, as it would most likely require development to implement this.
    At the very least, I would say, explain it better in-game.
    Next level would be IMHO to wipe the leaderboards, start fresh.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    TroublemakerKaLi
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    I like the Idea of 2 separate leaderboards
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    TroublemakerScowley
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    May it be possible to have a ‘skip’ option on Terminus?

I’d kind of like to see the cannibals get eaten myself.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,430
    It barely started and I'm already loving it.

Having the possibility to push the limits and still have a life outside the game makes me like the game more - it doesn't feel like a burden anymore.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    sbfScowley
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Well, that kind of answered the question about crate rewards...

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

zeekdogPigLoewe1968Scowley
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    wow, this gets tough really soon, a lot of armored and tanks even in the first round (23.1)
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I loved the first UC. I like this one too. Although, I would like to extend a big sarcastic thank you to NG for screwing us all next week by giving us 5 rounds per pass this week.
    kkatsusbfMurdoquebigbeano
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I have the flood of Armoured and Fatties for the first two rounds, now it's as usual in my third round.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    kayakxtreme