My Terminus is filled by fatties and armored...

Comments

• ShannaraShannara Member Posts: 56
    Yep this is going to get hard fast once fatty gets to a certain level above me takes too many turns to kill and he eats my survivors :frowning:

Gonna be a short challenge unless the other zombies start eating the fatties for me :smirk:
    capibaraGovernatorPapacasanthony172
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,505
    > @TJS said:
    > In my third round the flood of Armoured and Fatties ended. For me it's as usual now.

So they ramped up the tanks/armoured for the easy double rounds then the later rounds where it normally gets difficult are back to normal? Just so I understand it? Sounds like an interesting way to make the early rounds slightly more challenging without hurting the overall length of the challenge :smile:
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    red234capibarapradiCaptainslayer
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited January 2018
    @WellyLuga
    A similar thing happened last UC but I only remember it lasting one round.
    This time it seems to have been two.
    For me anyway.

*edit to add
    I believe it's a glitch rather than something intended
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    WellyLugacapibara
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,505
    @TJS Okay thanks! I was dreading getting to the meat of the challenge around round 28 as it would've gotten tough really quickly!
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    TJS
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 978
    @TJS are you saying g the fatties are gone after 3 rounds? Because I've heard different, but haven't got there yet myself.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    Papacas
    @Guapo
    They are there but not full of them like the first two rounds.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    capibara
    edited January 2018
    Screen shots rsl24 my 3rd round

Kill room (2 × lvl23 Fatties hidden at top)

Hershal's Farm (3 Fatties - 2 × lvl23 & 1× lvl24)

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    capibara
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 978
    edited January 2018
    Hmm, mine are pretty full rnd 3, and not all in cage.

Obviously more were lower, but I took the pic for the guys out of their cage.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    bigbeano
    RSL24.2 MY 4TH ROUND TERMINUS

1 × LVL24 FATTY - 2 × LVL23 FATTIES & 2 × LVL23 ARMORED ALL IN CAGE

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,060
    @TJS Kill Room and Hershel's Farm were not the two maps that are the issues. Terminus and Hilltop are the two maps that got nerfed and have a lot more fatties than before. It has nothing to do with what round you're playing, it's based on the map.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Apple_Pie
    Your probably right @JayZ
    I'm lucky enough to remember yesterday let alone the last time we had these maps.

It did seem there were more in the first two rounds than the 3rd & 4th though.

Again, maybe I'm wrong about that too.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • iamedgeiamedge Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2018
    Aside from the roundpass disaster, Im loving this UC. Armored walkers and tanks everywhere, yes. But it's actually challenging from the get go. Instead of sleepwalking my way through the early rounds I'm actually forced to use strategy early on. Sure it's gonna be a fast challenge with lower star count, but that means I can focus on my real life. I could'nt care less about star count. Just my 2c
    GuapoDBonesshaunatthepubKillersZ
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    iamedge said:

Aside from the roundpass disaster, Im loving this UC. Armored walkers and tanks everywhere, yes. But it's actually challenging from the get go. Instead of sleepwalking my way through the early rounds I'm actually forced to use strategy early on. Sure it's gonna be a fast challenge with lower star count, but that means I can focus on my real life. I could'nt care less about star count. Just my 2c

Not seeing strategy potential in Hilltop. First time in, two tanks in total and all the zombies at the top of the map. Easy. Second time, 3 tanks walk straight in from the hidden area on the right, 2 tanks and 3 armoured from the area on the left, plus the 1 tank and friends heading down from the top. Third time, back to the easy nature of the first. What'll it be next time? Huge variation in difficulty and randomness in distribution isn't spelling strategy to me.

With my survivors at level 17, I actually only have one survivor with stun resistance, so one all-tanks-in-at-the-start strategy available to top level players isn't an option for me.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,888
    @Kaz

As mentioned in the other thread, I got into a struggle on my low-level account (level 14 to 15 survivors) in the first round (on Hilltop) and had 2 or 3 round passes... so something seemingly doesn't work as intended.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    KazGuapoSPC_TORRESsbf
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 244
    I'm low level but this challenge is really challenging.
    Hope the reward are not bullshit

ShadowaceAzcapibara
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,398
    Just had the wall of Fatties with the Hilltop at 25.3. Just mowed them down with my Assaults and my Hunter, but I see using Sasha pretty soon.
    capibara
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,031
    Hmmmm, you should be happy they did not fill with freemen on steroids. The days of the game are numbered. I am starting seeing zombies in my dream. Beautiful Zombies which I don't want to kill.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, oNe PoInT fIvE MiLlIoN star guild
    capibara
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,330
    I had 5 armored and 6 fatties. This was like RSL 24.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Despite the complaints, are any end gamers actually having trouble with the difficulty yet?

I'm on RSL 25 already, and the only stars I dropped were for being careless on 2 maps in the first round. Otherwise, it has been 3 stars all the way.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,888
    Endgame only once on Hilltop (which is unbalanced if you ask me), lower level accounts quite a few.

I don't replay anymore - too tiresome and too much time wasted waiting for the gas to refill...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    capibarapaintbeastPapacas
    It's not bothering me yet. RSL26 but my biggest concern is next week is going to be hell. RP at every 5 rounds, this was a big mistake. :|
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    capibaraMurdoqueJadenpaintbeast
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,391
    It’s Terminus, we should have a “Skip this level and let the cannibalism die” button!!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

capibaraJadenPapacas
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,391

Can’t we just let them be?

I just reached level 19 survivors after pushing myself up two levels last Challenge for an all time personal best of 1100+ stars.

Please don’t say mid level players stop and don’t push themselves. I’ve pushed myself every challenge, or I wouldn’t be level 19 in just 4.5 months. @Kaz maybe some give up early, but I have yet to be part of a challenge where I did not push through to limits of crawling 1 star at a time through the end.

How can you say I’m not pushing myself when I end at level 25 with 19,19,18 survivors? That really seems like an NG isn’t paying attention type of statement.

As that image also shows, I’m already facing walkers much higher level than I am, and I’m not quitting. Getting 6 round passes last Challenge alone should be enough to prove otherwise. Now with this difficulty and still 5 rounds per pass, I’ll be on my knees with hands together if I get 4. So next week what will this mid level player, who appears to be the only one who pushes himself, will see is grind grind just to try to match last challenge.

Thanks to anyone who cares to be more in touch with players.
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

DukeIronyKazsligoembanzai