Ultimate Challenge 2 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    With shortened rounds, you will get farther faster and have time to heal naturally rather than use gold, if you so choose.
    1RisTJSxiaofei66WellyLuga
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 168
    edited February 2018
    I don't like this setup of the ultimate challenge.

I like the setup from the normal challenge.
    Increasing of difficulty when reaching higher levels,
    Double rewards for skipped rounds etc.

I only would like to reach the higher rounds quicker.

I would like a option to skip rounds at the start of the challenge. Just the same as with the round passes, but then u can choose yourself the amount of rounds you want to skip.

If you skip 15 rounds then the rewards doubled for 15 rounds aswell.

I think this is nice for the low level players, but also for the end level players.

The amount of rewards stays about the same for everyone I think.

@Kaz

Line id: djinn1982
    bigbeano
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 110
    Djinn said:

I don't like this setup of the ultimate challenge.

I like the setup from the normal challenge.

Increasing of difficulty when reaching higher levels,

Double rewards for skipped rounds etc.

I only would like to reach the higher rounds quicker.

I would like a option to skip rounds at the start of the challenge. Just the same as with the round passes, but then u can choose yourself the amount of rounds you want to skip.

If you skip 15 rounds then the rewards doubled for 15 rounds aswell.

I think this is nice for the low level players, but also for the end level players.

The amount of rewards stays about the same for everyone I think.

They are never going to let you pick your own round skip AND give you double score. That's asking way, way too much.

The issues with this challenge are "overtuning" two maps, (i.e. dropping extra elites into the maps willy-nilly without thoroughly testing to make sure they are winnable), not doubling guild rewards, and sticking with five rounds per pass instead of three.

Other than that the concept is fine, but when I can't finish stuff only two levels above me with 6-star survivors and maxed legendary gear for all of them, something is wrong. Heck, I got two-starred on my first attempt (at survivor level - 1) of one of the maps because there were too many layers of elites in range to get through. That's just messed up.
    Chiefkeo
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872

This is worse than the previous Ultimate Challenge. Round passes every 5 rounds with fewer rounds to play. Significantly reduced TG rewards (because fewer rounds are completed). No improvement in post-mission crates. And I'll run out of challenge very early and have nothing to do this weekend. Thank goodness for The Distance!
    I will be glad to get back to the regular version next week... except that I'll be hurting with fewer round passes...

I was just coming here to ask what the heck is going on with round passes?
    I was happy to hear that the ultimate was coming back, but now I am not happy about this 5x round pass thing
    3x round passes worked great before, so why screw it up?
  • xiaofei66xiaofei66 Member Posts: 42
    Thanks NG, appreciate this UC. Less time needed since we start at higher level and most of the challenges are over quickly. it will save time, but also eliminate any need to buy gas or Waste gold to heal. So I know already that this challenge will never be repeated!
  • zeekdogzeekdog Member Posts: 192
    Keep running out of gas. Imagine that.
  • GrumboldGrumbold Member Posts: 2
    Jaden said:

If I was an inexperienced player I would think "Oh no, it is going to get too hard too soon."

For endgame players, this may sound awesome.

For newer players, this may seem totally daunting. And we have seen often enough that newer players don't see the big picture.

Remember all the complaints about gear that is a level or two too high and that they can't use now? Some players just don't see that they will eventually grow into that gear... or grow bored of endless challenge rounds with no real challenge and no real rewards, either...

I admit to being one of those players. Completing a level 14 challenge mission with a level 15 team, I get a level 18 item. That's completely useless to me because my team is hovering at level 15 because I can't find the level 15 & 16 equipment with the perks I want (e.g. large calibre) to equip them with so their equipment is already weak for their character level and will only be weaker if I level them up again. With gear from challenges being inappropriate all I can do is wait for the trade shop to offer a gold rifle and pray to the RNG gods. It's proving a long, tedious process.
    BoukephalosshaunatthepubAmBush
    zeekdog said:

Keep running out of gas. Imagine that.

How does this relate to UC2? Do you normally get magic gas refills during the Challenge?
    1Ris
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    edited February 2018
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie @Kaz I was waiting to try and give honest feedback before I commented but enough is enough. I'm using my usual team that I smash to lvl 28 no star loss then start struggling, lvl 23 6 star and 7 star survivors, so they can handle RSL zombies up to 27 no problem. I now at lvl 24.2 have just got smashed by tanks, DEAD. PLEASE tell me how you find it a Challenge when you have 5 tanks facing you and you have no chance of getting away from them or killing them first before you get stunned or smashed. This is utter ridiculousness. You've gone from UC1 which was great to making it soo hard its stupid. It's not even enjoyable and challenging when you spawn in a map and have no choice but to get hit due to your over crowding of tanks and armored ON YOUR FIRST MOVE. If your plan is to make us be happy with what we already had because this could be the new normal. Guess what, WRONG... How many times do you have to be told, players are at the edge of quitting as many have already. You went WAY overboard this time. Which means next week we have even worse grind because of less round passes this week. LISTEN to the Community, the players. If you are soo easily able to send a poll out about the hero choice call. Send one asking who is satisfied with the current challenge. I guarantee you majority are unhappy. Its terrible, horrible, not fun, not enjoyable. IF you think Im going to spend ANY gold to heal FORGET IT.. If you were a company that sold hardware or goods I would accuse you of self sabotage and say someone is trying to bankrupt your company. To piss off your customers like you do in the real world of business is suicide and you wouldn't last 6 months. Once people walk away from your game, they dont come back. From your financials this game is your only income. So again I ask, are you crazy pissing off and upsetting your customers the way you are. Do a REAL poll, dont fudge data and FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM. Challenge sucks, Badge crafting sucks, Outpost is a joke, no new story content. Getting the picture yet of you just dont care? Yes I am ranting because I LOVE THIS GAME and you are ruining my player experience 10,000%. STOP KILLING OUR GAME ....
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 341
    > @ShawtStuff said:
    > So where are these bigger rewards?

The ones I got are so bad scrap yard won't take them
    Aimless1016DLHbigbeanoThe_Overcomer
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 401

Starting spawns like this will make for a quick week! And that’s just what can be seen
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    MacV
  • BoukephalosBoukephalos Member Posts: 263
    Grumbold said:

I admit to being one of those players. Completing a level 14 challenge mission with a level 15 team, I get a level 18 item. That's completely useless to me because my team is hovering at level 15 because I can't find the level 15 & 16 equipment with the perks I want (e.g. large calibre) to equip them with so their equipment is already weak for their character level and will only be weaker if I level them up again. With gear from challenges being inappropriate all I can do is wait for the trade shop to offer a gold rifle and pray to the RNG gods. It's proving a long, tedious process.

Just level up with regular equipment, then. You're only making life harder for yourself. Until you stop levelling (which I haven't reached yet, my survivors are level 17), good quality equipment comes and goes; there's no point hanging onto it once it's obsolete or delaying in the hope it'll appear. I've had survivors with awesome epic or legendary weapons that they've eventually had to give up for uncommon or rare. That's just how it goes till (I expect) you're farming for items at the top levels.

Marcus6253
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 137

With fewer rounds to play, if UC2 has round passes every 5 rounds, it will screw everyone the following week. @Teeceezy this is why data collection is worthless when you are only running these changes for a single week.

Now that I am hung on round 30.1 with only 5 passes, i can confirm this. Since Hilltop has become impassable, this is a double disappointment.
    MacV (Trinity)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
    The_Overcomer
    DLH said:

Starting spawns like this will make for a quick week! And that’s just what can be seen

@Teeceezy Well, it's Thursday evening and my game was over a few hours ago thanks to the Hilltop. 3 stars in all other missions through 30.1, but there is no way past all the tanks and armored that swarm over the survivors from all directions after the first move. WTF? This is really unbalanced. And next week I'll start with 5 round passes when inormally I have 7 or 8.
    Except for those drawbacks, I enjoyed the reworked maps. While I could play. Nice try. Hoping the next UC will bring improvements.
    MacV (Trinity)
    The_Overcomer
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    Last week was awesome! I improved my PB by over 400, fought into and past lvl 30 (never done before) to 31.2. This week, well.... It’s not more challenging, its more ridiculous. Hilltop is a show stopper. At 29.1 now. The other 5 maps are all 3-star. Hilltop - 0. There is no srvr combination or strategy any more. Instant and multiple deaths 2 moves in. At least I’m finished early
    The_OvercomerDLHAimless1016

Well... Unfortunately I take back what I said previously.

I think that flooding the maps with fatties and armored is a big mistake. That's not challenging at all - it just forces the players to drain their gold on healing. It seems to me that NG is forcing the players to give the data NG wants, so NOT fixing the grind can be justified by the "data".

Players will hate this challenge (I repeat: it's not challenging at all, it's just a gold drain), and NG can simply say "oh, we won't fix anything 'cause the feedback was bad".

Honestly... Months go by and when you make a move (VERY late btw), you do this? Just another slap on our already swollen faces... Week after week...

I'm packing my stuff 'cause exit time is close.

I read your 1st post a minute ago, and thought, just wait. Yeah, Hilltop is not a challenge. A challenge implies you can make progress with skill and patience. Neither applied here.
    MacV (Trinity)
    The_Overcomer
    MacV said:

DLH said:

@Teeceezy Well, it's Thursday evening and my game was over a few hours ago thanks to the Hilltop. 3 stars in all other missions through 30.1, but there is no way past all the tanks and armored that swarm over the survivors from all directions after the first move. WTF? This is really unbalanced. And next week I'll start with 5 round passes when inormally I have 7 or 8.
    Except for those drawbacks, I enjoyed the reworked maps. While I could play. Nice try. Hoping the next UC will bring improvements.
    What difficulty do you usually reach? Might be helpful info for Ng.

Just hearing that "it's over" for you doesn't mean much without that context, since the whole idea of reducing the grind is to get to your max level more quickly.
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,281
    If this is Ultimate Challenge 2, I don't want to see #3 I might take that week off.
    Just kidding, I don't mind the challenge. I am starting to hit that dreaded wall already.
    But I don't mind because I am only lvl 63 player and now I can choose to farm or shovel snow, which sucks.
    Maxed out players are going to get there fast, especially with 2 maps in this challenge.

Players are crying for change, and they are definitely changing stuff. I think this week they all had a laugh, they want more difficult... BAM.
    shaunatthepub
    Mabiki said:

MacV said:

DLH said:

Just hearing that "it's over" for you doesn't mean much without that context, since the whole idea of reducing the grind is to get to your max level more quickly.
    Well that's a good point, thanks. I've only been getting to 31.1 or 2. Maybe I'm over reacting. Just over so quick with so little to show for it. Low passes, low stars (which I get), nothing special in the rewards. And now no play. Its scavenge only until Saturday. Bites.
    MacV (Trinity)
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,749
    I'd say a normal week I clear 30.4 and sometimes a little further, sometimes a little less. Currently I just have Hilltop to clear 31.1, I've really enjoyed the challenge and it's refreshing to play maps I've not played before that are fun.

I think unless you have a team fully stocked with good weapons with piercing, stun resist armour, meat shields and decent badges then your challenge is likely to be cut short this week. The core change in UC2 was spot on I feel, with level 23 survivors starting at round 17, doubles up to round 26 and then triples there on is a very nice reduction of the grind. The platform is there to build on, I just think they went a little overboard on the tanks.
    Pandreqmack22banzai
    edited February 2018
    REMOVED
  • MischaMischa Member Posts: 87
    NG, why not hiring some elite players from the community to start testing the new/modified maps before starting such challenge? I am sure there are a lot volunteers here to find in the forum...
    MacV
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited February 2018
    @The_Overcomer

I assure you, no one is deleting your comments. Sometimes it does take a little time to appear in the thread.

Happens extremely rarely, but it does happen.

Actually if you scroll up you'll see your comment.
    *edit to add : I see your comment atleast three times.

A glitch in the forum or something :D
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    The_OvercomerMohapx
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 401
    Mabiki said:

MacV said:

DLH said:

I usually hit 30s. Last week was stellar and I hit 32. I’m usually not worried about star loss until about 29.2. Those picture I posted are from RSL 26 and RSL 24. Hilltop was the very first map I played this week after 9 RP and had to redo it because I was immediately swarmed by tanks and injured.
    I’m not boosting this week for the first time in a long time because I perceive my hospital time is going to be longer than my play time.

Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    @Overcomer

Everyone's entitled to their own loudly-voiced with occasional all caps and no paragraph breaks opinion, but it's clear from other comments in this thread and others that there ARE some people who are happy with this challenge format so far, despite the heavy difficulty jump on Hilltop.

So voice your opinion all you want, but don't pretend to speak for all of us with your "no one is happy" generalizations.
    docfinzenburg
    edited February 2018
    @TJS Ive removed one at least, thanks for the tip, cant see the other. Im not trying to be stupid with my comment I'm just soo frustrated as many are with UC2. How many times does it have to be said. Its mainly hilltop which is too over the top, others need slight adjustment . NG want a solution and so do we. They need to make money I get that, we want to be challenged and have fun. Hope it can be achieved again .... Hope you've gone alright on this challenge.

TJS