The Newer Quest System / Like - Don't Like ?

TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501

The New Quest System has now been in place close to two months.
Has your opinion changed from when it was first introduced?

Many players voted in the last poll, I'm interested to see if many have changed their opinions.

Cast your votes, if you did vote in the last poll add in your comment what you voted for last time.
Comment your likes or concerns and/or what changes you'd like to see happen.

The Newer Quest System / Like - Don't Like ? 89 votes

I LIKE THE NEWER QUEST SYSTEM
93%
TransmuteJunzeeblackatrainofficialHeisenbergEL34xyzPapacaskmrTheLostOnesBerndErwinAndreacrambert_necKyrusCRUSHTheCrabGnatevildocfinzenburgDodkongTroublemakerJadenMadPuppy 83 votes
I DON'T LIKE THE NEWER QUEST SYSTEM
3%
carlos1981romeoDbld1369 3 votes
Other
3%
pirate1125ElkadorMabiki 3 votes
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
AmBushTheLostOnessbfwrinkled_bag

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Here's the results from the last poll early December.

-
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • red234red234 Member Posts: 15
    I do like the new quests. The previous one was boring and repetitive, there were no various rewards. I like that we can get radios, gold, gas, class tokens and hero tokens. The hero tokens I got from the quests helped me a lot in building up Gabriel tokens, I'm 7 tokens away from unlocking him now. Getting a small amount of tokens from somewhere other than TG shop is nice.

The only thing I don't like is do 12 challenge missions quest. If it could be cut down to 6, even 8, it would be a huge improvement. I don't like NG planning what I do with my gas for me lol.
    TJSdalmerSmokeandMirrorsEire1916
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,184
    My opinion hasn't changed as I've always preferred it. All the extras you get are so much better compared to the usual 10-25 gold from the old system.

There are days where I don't get any gold or I'm asked to complete 3 scavenge missions on a Wednesday which are frustrating but on the whole I think it's been a positive change
    TJS
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    edited January 2018
    I DON'T LIKE THE NEWER QUEST SYSTEM
    Not for me. Of 7 days a week, I complete 3 on a good week. That means I only open 1/2 crates as well

Mainly as use a warrior/Bruiser comes up later in the challenge, which I can't use.

The scavenge 3 missions now costs me 18 gas, again, mainly mid challenge its not an option without impacting guild scores.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I like the variety with the new system.

My two gripes are:
    1) I wish the Supplies and XP rewards would scale to player level. 11-12k of either is not a great payout at player level 60+.
    2) And that Supplies rewards are eliminated once a player is at max player level/max Supplies/has no more buildings to build. Whatever delineation point is chosen, Supply rewards needs to be turned off to ensure a player is receiving something of use to them at that time.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    TJS
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543

Mainly as use a warrior/Bruiser comes up later in the challenge, which I can't use.

@carlos1981 you can do these missions, which require a certain class in one of the season missions with only 1 gas per mission

you can find a helpful chart here
    TJSJaden
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 406
    I like the new quest system a lot. I never really paid much attention to it before unless it said I had completed one or I was bored but now I look forward to what it has. I agree about dropping or reducing the 12 missions on the last couple of days of the challenge. Overall the various missions and rewards is a great improvement in my opinion.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
    red234TJS
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 573
    edited January 2018
    A huge improvement over the old quest system. Could perhaps do with a bit more variation, but generally speaking it's a big win.

Might be cool to see some variation or 'hard' quests thrown in to the mix. Something like "make a kill with retaliate" or "kill 5 stunned enemies"?
    TJSJaden
  • Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 479
    I like the new quests but not having to complete scavenge missions especially on challenge & distance days.
    KratosTJS
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 377
    I agree with @red234. I like the new quests. I don’t like the 12 challenge requirements. I generally do that many or more, but I’d rather decide where my gas is going. Some days I need to do outpost runs and I run out of time to do them because I need to do 12 challenges.
    TJSred234
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Other
    I like the variety of quests, and I like the rewards in general.

My only complaint remains the lack of gold rewards.

Some people are lucky enough to get multiple phone rewards or gold rewards in a single day, but after two months I'm still lucky to get 20 gold in a week from quests.

That one factor is the only thing I find consistently disappointing with the new system.
    TJSPig_Lily_
  • zeekdogzeekdog Member Posts: 192
    I like the new quest system. You get rewards for doing what you want to do when you want to do it. Some days I am all in, other days blah. Great thing is that a lot of the quest are self fulfilling as we progress through normal zombie killing dutie. Democracy.
    Nick37TJSred234
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I don't like "complete 3 scavenge missions" on the first day of the challenge!

But at least it's not 6 I guess.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    JadenTJSDavid_H79bigbeano
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    edited January 2018
    I don't like the "complete 3 scavenge mission" quest at all - not during Distance and not during challenge and not on Monday, my only "free" day when I don't "need" to play...

As for more variety, I only once saw this quest (in the middle) - and I'd like to see it more often:

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TJSPigmack22
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Never seen that one @Jaden
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    @TJS

Neither has any of my guildmates - nor me again, for that matter. No idea if this was a glitch or something, but I liked it. I would like to see some more quests like that added to have a bit more variety and maybe even some strategy needed.

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TJS
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    Just adding more, not only 5 but 10 otherwise we have options to remove it or change it
  • AmBushAmBush Member Posts: 100
    edited January 2018
    I didn't vote before but I Like it, However
    "Win Challenge missions 1/12" for 5 days running is a bit much.
    Perhaps Scale it downwards for day 5
    ie:
    1. Win Challenge missions 1/12
    2. Win Challenge missions 1/10
    3. Win Challenge missions 1/8
    4. Win Challenge missions 1/6
    5. Win Challenge missions 1/4

Zombie Stompers U.K. Based Guild.Currently Recruiting (18/20)

Note:

• Level 20+
    • DAILY PLAYERS
    • 250+ Weekly Challenge Stars minimum

Above all:We Have FUN 

Level 61, Guild Leader of Zombie Stompers Playing Daily since January 2017

TJSPigKratosSPC_TORRES
  • LisaTho78741789LisaTho78741789 Member Posts: 1
    I like the quests, much more variety. I sometimes don't get to finish them but try to. Although my only gripe would be having to get kills with a random hero whilst am in the middle of my challenge. But overall happy with it
    AmBushTJS
    Season missions are very good for that @LisaTho78741789 - and cheap, too.

TJSAmBushmsapaev
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    I remember there were fears that the new system would result in less gold. Well, I notice that my gold reserve rises :)
    TJSJaden
  • RouvinatorRouvinator Member Posts: 109
    I like it. The only ones i dont do are the scavenge Quests....and sometimes the distance ones
    TJS
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I like it
    TJS
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    I still like it @TJS but like others have mentioned:
    1) Scavenge mission quest needs to go
    2) Tomatoe reward needs to go (at least for maxed players)
    3) Gas reward needs to go when you're on the gas booster

And I also think it would be a good idea to drop the gold crate reward and just have the hero and the class token crates. Not happy to get this:
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SPC_TORRESbigbeanoTJS
    Why not? It says "great" right below... do you doubt the green great? :p

bigbeanoTheLostOnesTJS
  • TiddlesTiddles Member Posts: 55
    I like but not to do scavenge, cost to much gas to get not much gas
    TJSJaden