Ultimate Challenge 2 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    edited February 2018
    @Mabiki

Oh I don't pretend to speak for you at all, never will nor would associate myself with you in anyway. Seems It is clear you are very happy with the way overkill on armored and tanks. I'll wait to see your opinion when you actually get further in the challenge and die on your first move. So it is thanks to people like you for the most unfair challenge to date. Well done on your efforts. If this stays as the new normal we know who to blame.
    bigbeanozeekdogdocfinzenburgMabikiromeo
  • zeekdogzeekdog Member Posts: 184
    @Mabiki I should have been clearer on the subject but out of frustration didn’t take the time. Simply put, with the fatty additions added in UC2 I find myself redoing challenge missions to fill the star bucket. A little compulsion disorder, but that’s my problem, not the forums. I will keep it to myself going forward.
  • lyts1985lyts1985 Member Posts: 56
    The principle is fine - 2 rounds per level until lv26 when it ups to 3. Even increased difficulty on the last round of each level, I enjoyed.

But...

A round pass every 5 rounds is too little whereas I think a round pass every 3 rounds might be too much. If this format became permanent we wouldnt want to be earning nearly 10 passes a week. The challenge would be over before it begun. 4 rounds though??

Piling on the fatties and armoured walkers on every round is "not cool. Not f#$%&€g cool". It means the difficulty is increased to the point we can't progress as far as normal. That's not what we asked for.

My major gripe... It took us bloody ages to get rid of the ridiculous handicap where those with lv21+ survivors start at a higher point than those with survivors at lv20 or below. Please don't bring it back. In a game that emphasises levelling up and upgrading it makes no sense to give those with lower level survivors the ability to compete with those who have upgraded. Where's the incentive to upgrade then? What's the point? You then have players sitting at lv20 who are able to match or even beat higher level players, just because.
    The_OvercomerromeoNezozivaolivia
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited February 2018

@Mabiki

Oh I don't pretend to speak for you at all, never will nor would associate myself with you in anyway. Seems It is clear you are very happy with the way overkill on armored and tanks. I'll wait to see your opinion when you actually get further in the challenge and die on your first move. So it is thanks to people like you for the most unfair challenge to date. Well done on your efforts. If this stays as the new normal we know who to blame.

I only mentioned the bit about pretending to speak for others because you used words like everyone and nobody, which to me indicates a broad generalization rather than speaking for yourself. You seem to have edited your earlier posts to remove such terms, but I'm quite sure my comment was on point when I made it.

I'm actually at RSL 28 now. I do think the amount of armored and tanks on Hilltop is overkill, actually, but it hasn't ruined the game or this Challenge for me.

I'd say more, but for the sake of keeping things civil, I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: @zeekdog
    Thank you for the clarification. I was honestly confused as to the relevance of your earlier comment on gas. Now it makes sense. No need to keep it to yourself. I was simply trying to understand what your point was.
    TJSromeozeekdog1Ris
  • zeekdogzeekdog Member Posts: 184
    @TJS To clarify. The comments I made had nothing to do with you. I appreciate your contributions to the forums and respect your opinions. Keep it real @TJS
    edited February 2018
    @Mabiki I know a Keyboard Warrior when I see one. I stand by my previous comment.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    > @zeekdog said:
    > @TJS To clarify. The comments I made had nothing to do with you. I appreciate your contributions to the forums and respect your opinions. Keep it real @TJS

No worries at all. I didn't take anything you wrote to be directed at me, nor did I think you've written anything inappropriate.

To be honest, I don't believe anyone has taken anything you've written personally.

Everyone is entitled to an option.
    Take it easy & Goodluck within your game.

- TJS
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    zeekdog
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

@Mabiki I know a Keyboard Warrior when I see one. I stand by my previous comment.

I've always considered myself more of a Jukebox Hero, but thank you for the kind words.

CaptainslayerPig1Risrustynail
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,207
    Shteevie said:

@Troublemaker
    The setup you describe is quite close to what we tried in Ult Challenge v1, which met with polarizing and mixed opinions. We'll combine those learnings with what we hear and see this week, and aim for the "sweet spot" in between, whatever that may be.

Thanks for the feedback, and I hope next week, we don't get surprised by so many tanks and armored enemies.

Thanks for your presence here. Just please pay attention to the details of I wrote above. I don't think it's "quite close" to UC1. As I see it's a slightly "lighter" version of the current grind. That said, it's just a band-aid and not a proper fix. Thanks again.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    One thing that is much better for me this week is the star reward crates. This week had lots of good survivor tokens and good amount in the crate, reasonable gear which I has been ok. The only disappointment in rewards has been the end of mission crates, they have still been at 1 to 2 star gear. It would be great if NG could put a few survivor tokens in there in the mix of rewards or even instead honestly. I scrap all 3star and under vests and weapons always as they are no value to me in the game. But if there was somewhere between maybe 1 to 5 tokens of any class or a one off hero, wow that would really make my day as they all add up. Also give NG another reward options in crates.
  • GrumboldGrumbold Member Posts: 2

Grumbold said:

I admit to being one of those players. Completing a level 14 challenge mission with a level 15 team, I get a level 18 item. That's completely useless to me because my team is hovering at level 15 because I can't find the level 15 & 16 equipment with the perks I want (e.g. large calibre) to equip them with so their equipment is already weak for their character level and will only be weaker if I level them up again. With gear from challenges being inappropriate all I can do is wait for the trade shop to offer a gold rifle and pray to the RNG gods. It's proving a long, tedious process.

Just level up with regular equipment, then. You're only making life harder for yourself. Until you stop levelling (which I haven't reached yet, my survivors are level 17), good quality equipment comes and goes; there's no point hanging onto it once it's obsolete or delaying in the hope it'll appear. I've had survivors with awesome epic or legendary weapons that they've eventually had to give up for uncommon or rare. That's just how it goes till (I expect) you're farming for items at the top levels.

I have only 1 level 15 rifle with the wider cone, no level 16 rifles with wider cone waiting to be equipped. I'm not advancing without them because it's my hunters that are the mainstay of my style and wear all my best badges.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    As a reminder, the reward-based alterations made for this event are:
    - Better chances of finding Weapons and Armor in Challenge Crates
    - Increased rewards at high star counts for players and Guilds

Additionally, the number of stars needed to reach the crates was adjusted to account for players playing fewer rounds overall since the difficulty increases faster.

Therefore, the number of tokens in crates, or the rarity of individual pieces of gear found are not expected to be any different from before.

The feedback is appreciated, but I wanted to ensure that people don't feel disappointment in a change we didn't make.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    TJSGeneral_PainScowleybigbeano
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,744
    > @Shteevie said:
    > @Troublemaker
    > The setup you describe is quite close to what we tried in Ult Challenge v1, which met with polarizing and mixed opinions. We'll combine those learnings with what we hear and see this week, and aim for the "sweet spot" in between, whatever that may be.
    >
    > Thanks for the feedback, and I hope next week, we don't get surprised by so many tanks and armored enemies.

So I take that as to mean we have an UC2 style format next week? Don't be getting my hopes up to stick us back to the grind next week!

Also, it's been hard to keep up with all the comments but was the sheer amount of tanks/armoured on maps like hilltop a glitch/bug?
    Thanks @Shteevie :+1:
    That makes sense.
    I guess I was reading it the wrong way.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Shteevie said:

As a reminder, the reward-based alterations made for this event are:

Additionally, the number of stars needed to reach the crates was adjusted to account for players playing fewer rounds overall since the difficulty increases faster.

Therefore, the number of tokens in crates, or the rarity of individual pieces of gear found are not expected to be any different from before.

The feedback is appreciated, but I wanted to ensure that people don't feel disappointment in a change we didn't make.

Understood Shteevie. If it has just been down to luck or randomness then lucky me this week. I must have misread as I thought it was said there was better rewards for the Challenge crates. It would be great if you can consider what I said regarding adding small amounts of survivor tokens in gold crates as rewards in general like in daily rewards have now, I believe they would be a great edition to gold crate rewards. Thank you for all the reviewing you are doing to help us to make our experience better.
  • mik81mik81 Member Posts: 360
    @Shteevie & @Kaz The announcement of the UC2 was: Ultimate Challenge. Higher challenge. Better rewards

I can see the higher challenge but not the better rewards. In my humble opinion the statement above will drive a lot of confusion and frustration on the player base. As I'd think the vast majority of players are not going to see or experience better rewards.

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    My challenge just ended this morning because I can't get past Hilltop. I've tried it with 3 different teams, trying to leverage the hunter damage bonus.

I know people wanted to get rid of the grind, but I ENJOY playing the challenge AT LEAST through Friday. Having to throw out 1.5 days of challenge gaming... so I can do what... scavenge missions? This is a real disappointment.

Supposedly there are better rewards (haven't seen any) at higher star levels for the guilds. But my guild is never going to get there, because of the faster ramping up and the Hilltop mission.
    SPC_TORRESThe_Overcomer
    @mik81
    I agree. The wording is quiet confusing.

THIS

AND

SEEM to contradict each other. But from my understanding there's an increased chance to find better gear. Rewards are increased for Players and Guilds because the star requirements for rewards are lower.

If I'm wrong them I'm not understanding correctly.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    SPC_TORRES
  • NoccioloNocciolo Member Posts: 6
    I like this challenge very much, i m happy to be at 30 level in friday, hilltop is very hard but other missions dont easy to do, in all challenge there are hard mission, in hilltop must have fortune and skills but is not impossible, staff great job i hope that you can continue in this way, i m Nocciolo member of Sopravvissuti Italian guild
    ShteevieThe_Overcomer
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    @JackBauer Thanks for the advice! I actually did wait 2 hours until me A-Team was healed and went back and tried it again. This time the configuration was more friendly and I was able to do it with 3 stars. Weird, but I wasn't complaining! Funny thing is, I have no issue with the rest of the levels.

I'm going to keep trying to see if I can get to the next round pass, at least.
    zeekdogTimboskibigbeanoJenng