The Bulletproof trait of the armor

msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
I've noticed that some players don't like the Bulletproof trait of the armor. As I understand, it increases the chance of body shot from all attacks including walkers' attacks (not only ranged), doesn't it?

bladgier

Comments

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,014
    There was a bug where it worked for all types of attacks but it was patched in the last update to only work on ranged attacks from freemen only.
    msapaevjimmorrison369
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,135
    That's a good question.

I always thought it's only against ranged attacks.

Trait description obviously doesn't state it's only ranged.

But word "bulletproof" does suggest it.

Looking forward to an answer. @Kaz perhaps?
    Hazard suit says "all attacks so that definitely both meele and ranged.

Bullet proof only says "increases the chance"

So that's not clear I think.
    msapaev
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited February 2018
    bladgier said:

That's a good question.

I always thought it's only against ranged attacks.

Trait description obviously doesn't state it's only ranged.

But word "bulletproof" does suggest it.

Looking forward to an answer. @Kaz perhaps?

That's an ambiguous description indeed. But I'll be fixed for the upcoming update, we've reported that already.
    Sorry for the trouble! :blush:

But the explanation is:
    - Hazard Suit increases the Body Shot chance from all attacks (so walker slaps and ranged and melee Freemen attacks).
    - Bullet proof only protects against bullets (ranged attacks)

msapaevTheDean
  • msapaevmsapaev Member Posts: 480
    @Kaz, thank you!

I think the topic can be closed.
    edited February 2018
    @Kaz, it seems that Hazzard Suit description is also ambiguous because it says "all attacks"

DBonesKaz
  • TheDeanTheDean Member Posts: 20
    It's situations like this what cause unrest. I made decisions to upgrade gear based on the plain wording of the descriptions. Had I been given accurate information my choices would have been different.

The fix shouldn't be to change the wording. The fix should be to make the trait match the description.

hashtag angry face.
    KillersZpaintbeastDBonesR2runfast
    I was expecting the answer about bulletproof one.

It clearly says "all attacks" so please adjust that.

Btw wait... what? Update?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Last update
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited February 2018

well that confirms that i wasted about 20mil xp upgrading armor with bulletproof based on the body shot % working on all attacks.

Off topic - the title of this thread sounds like it was written by Starfire

Teen Titans Go!!!!!!!!!

This post made my day sir. Thank you again!!!!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    PicShadowaceAz
  • TheDeanTheDean Member Posts: 20
    Thanks @Kaz. Now can you convince the devs to make Bulletproof match the description? That definitely affected my strategies, and the wording is unambiguous. Bulletproof has been used for ages to mean extremely tough or durable, and the description suggests this interpretation.
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    @abailey362 man I love me some teen titans. Even teen titans GO
    DLich
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    I've wasted lots of experience into the bulletproof trait as well, bugged or not I believe it should of stayed that way
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 227
    If level 5 bullet dodge has 15% chance of turning critical hit to a normal hit, does combined gold bulletproof and hazard suit have 50% chance of turning it to body shot?
    TheSittingDuckbanzai
    snafu said:

does combined gold bulletproof and hazard suit have 50% chance of turning it to body shot?

Only when you are getting hit with a ranged attack. (bulletproof only works for ranged attacks)
    That's why I was comparing them to bullet dodge.
    This is from outpost defense perspective: Successfull dodges have been confirmed to reduce charged critical to regular hit, which can end up as body shot. I've thought that bulletproof (without successfull dodge) would not affect charged attacks any way. The description for hazard suit says "All attacks", does it include charged attacks? If it does, how can hazard suit and bulletproof stack?
    jimmorrison369
    Well, for starters. Both traits increase body-shot chance, but bulletproof only works when attacked with ranged.
    So if you do get shot with ranged. Both increases in body-shot should count.

The charged attack is interesting though. Charged attacks seem to be a guaranteed non-body shot, some of them are also critical (shooter,scout,hunter). But all of them are guaranteed non-body shots!
    So from that logic.
    A charged attack can not become a body-shot, even though the critical can become normal hit via dodge/bullet-dodge.
    Remember that critical can not win from body-shot. So next to Scout/hunter/shooter being critical, it also must be a guaranteed non-bodyshot.
    Otherwise it wouldn't work on high level walkers either.
    @snafu

So question is:
    If charged attack is guaranteed non-body shot
    but hazard suit is guaranteed x% chance at body-shot. ("all attacks")

Will there be any body-shot from a charge attack?

I don't think that is possible.
    As far as I know, Charge attack ignores body-shot 100%.

So question is:
    If charged attack is guaranteed non-body shot
    but hazard suit is guaranteed x% chance at body-shot. ("all attacks")

Will there be any body-shot from a charge attack?

I don't think that is possible.
    As far as I know, Charge attack ignores body-shot 100%.

You are correct, charge attacks ignore bodyshots, so even if you are attacking an outpost defender equipped with a Hazard suit, the bodyshot chance will be ignored. HOWEVER, remember that if you are using a shooter, only the first attack is a charge attack, so your second one could end in a body shot.
    jimmorrison369
    There's been several occasions when outpost defender has dodged my scout's or shooter's charged attack and the damage inflicted has been equivalent of a body shot. But it might be that the damage has been low end of regular attack subtracted by 30% from stacked iron skin.
    edited February 2018
    snafu said:

There's been several occasions when outpost defender has dodged my scout's or shooter's charged attack and the damage inflicted has been equivalent of a body shot. But it might be that the damage has been low end of regular attack subtracted by 30% from stacked iron skin.

A charge attack is never a bodyshot, however, outpost defenders can dodge and stun resist your charge attacks. And yes, you are correct as well, same goes for the Iron Skin. This trait is active on outpost defenders too. (:

BUT if you see freemen dodging, then there's something wrong as they don't have traits :dizzy:
    Kaz said:

You are correct, charge attacks ignore bodyshots...

@Kaz, do critical shots ignore bodyshots either?

Kaz
    Body-shots ignore critical hits.
    KazDavid_H79msapaev

Kaz said:

snafu said:

A charge attack is never a bodyshot, however, outpost defenders can dodge and stun resist your charge attacks. And yes, you are correct as well, same goes for the Iron Skin. This trait is active on outpost defenders too. (:

BUT if you see freemen dodging, then there's something wrong as they don't have traits :dizzy:
    They can't dodge, but they can advance 42 cells and then attack, and then overwatch.
    Are you trying to put a restriction on a FREEman? :D

I'm kidding, I know, I know. We are working on that still. Sorry!

Body-shots ignore critical hits.

And Jimmy is right, Critical ignores Body Shots. But keep in mind that the higher the level of the walkers, the higher the chances of body shots!
    bladgierJadenmsapaev