For New and Elite members, Welcome to the forum! Tips for Survival

zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,401
Whether you are new member visiting the forum for the first time or a Elite member visiting for the 100,000th time, here are a few helpful reminders and guidelines.

Forum rules for the General NML can be found here.

Forum rules for the Off Topic section can be found here.

If you have any questions about the rules, please PM the forum mods or the forum admin:

forum mods:@zbot ; @David_H79 ; @MadPuppy ; @C_Lloyd; @Alibaba and our newest mod @Cherokee_Rose : please note that the mods are all players and volunteers

forum admin and staff:@Teeceezy ; @Kaz ; @Fearofabotplanet

My personal suggestions to improve your experience on the forum:

1) Be helpful. The forum is a great resource of knowledge, please share that knowledge with everyone.
2) Be nice and courteous. Being courteous goes a long way. Don't flame or troll other users.
3) Leave the negativity off the forum. Constructive criticism is welcomed but please leave the negativity off the forum. Don't be toxic. Try the power of positive thinking, it works.
4) Don't spam, make sure your posts are on-topic and constructive (unless you are in the off topic section).
5) Please remember that the NML forum membership is a privilege, not a right.

Thank you,

zbot

P.S. I'll be using this post for some game tips (issues, etc), so if you have a game issue question, etc, please PM me and I'll update it on this thread. I'm a stickler for keeping posts clean so this discussion will be closed.

KazCherokee_RoseTeeceezyGeneral_PainDavid_H79

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,401
    Having issues with your video ads either to unlock extra chests or in the cinema?

If you are not getting ads, try the following:

Reset Advertising ID for iOS devices,

Go to settings, privacy, advertising, click reset ad identifier (there's a android equivalent but I can't remember it off the top of my head). Also power off your device and restart.

For Android Devices

Reset Advertising ID for Android devices,

Step 1: Open Google Settings on your Android device by tapping on menu and then on Google Settings once all apps are displayed on the screen.

Step 2: Locate and tap on the Ads menu under Services.

Step 3: Tap on "reset advertising ID" on the new page. The page lists the current advertising ID on the same page.

Step 4: Confirm the reset when the confirmation prompt is displayed. Once you reset the advertising ID, a new ID is displayed immediately on the same page. Since a new ID is assigned now, advertisers cannot link past actions anymore to the device if only the advertising ID was used for that.

Not as simple as iOS but should work.

David_H79bladgier
    Having issues with your saved game?

If something happens and your account seems to be lost try the following troubleshooting tips.

For iOS, log out of your Game Center and log back in using the same account. Game Center can be found in your general settings, it's usually under Podcast.

For Android, log out of your google play account and log back in using the same account.

Restart the game and wait for the game to sync first, if your account is recovered great news!

If not, follow these instructions for lost game. Please use the in game support request to contact (click settings (gear icon), help, FAQ, contact us.

I lost my game!
    If you lost your save game data after you deleted the application or while transferring your game to another device, you can recover it via your Game Center or Google Play account.

If that doesn't work, first make sure you have your new game attached to your Google Play or your Game Center account. Then contact us from the in-game Settings providing the following information and labelling your message "I lost my account":

In-game player name of original game
    In-game player level of original game
    Name of guild from original game (if applicable)
    Platform (Android, iOS)
    If you made in-app purchases on the lost save game, remember to include receipts of your purchases in your message. These will help us recover your account.

Remember to send all the necessary information for a faster account recovery process!

Source: this can also be found in the in game FAQ but I prefer the online version as I don't have to be in the game.

Tip for lost game: I know it's frustrating and hard but please have patience, I've lost my game before so please give support time to respond, sending multiple request doesn't help in resolving your issues faster, it actually hurts.

David_H79
    edited February 2018
    The Weekend Event/Special Call/ Etc doesn't work for my game.

Tip: If you are trying to take advantage of an event, please don't be an early bird, even though you see the event, etc, log out of the game and restart your game so that everything updates.

If you restarted your game but the event doesn't seem like it's working, check the event to make sure you know what the event is. Also please pay attention to the start time and dates.

Double xp on kills. This doesn’t work like the 2x xp booster, the xp you receive is already doubled so you won't see the DOUBLE overlay like the booster.

Double supplies. The supplies you receive are already doubled so again you won't see any DOUBLE overlay. FYI: The production of supplies from the farms are doubled but not the capacity.

5 second upgrade (Survivors or Gear or both). Before you upgrade anything check the timer, does it say 5 seconds? If not either it's not the right type of upgrade or the time hasn't started yet.

Herd: This event is awesome and the best way to take advantage is to be logged in and playing a few missions then check the wall then play more missions and check the walls, if you log in periodically the wall holds 30 walkers but if you follow my advice you will find more walkers at the wall.

Others: I'll update as I remember or receive PMs about certain things.

If all else fails and you think it's not working contact support and post on the forum.

Edited for spelling
    General_PainDavid_H79
    What's the best combination of traits for survivor/gear?

This is one of the most often asked questions on the forum.

This is my view. There is no right or wrong answer, it really depends on your play style. At the end of the day any advice given is a guide, it comes down to what survivors you have or found and what tokens you have to upgrade. Survivor trait, gear and traits, and badges and what works for your play style. I'm very picky about my survivors my perfect bruiser took about 2 years a lot of radios to find and many more to find the tokens for it (from epic to 7 star in 5 minutes). Test things and find out what works for you. But at the end of the days the things that work are Elite status, piercing, and badges. What do I mean about play style? Are you a grinder? Do you play daily with gas boosters? If so then you can take chances and upgrade your rare, epic survivors to find the perfect survivor but this is a hard life and something I don't recommend. Are you casual, log in when you get a chance, collect and play some missions to have fun? In this case you need to save your tokens and be lucky in finding a epic or leg survivors with almost perfect or optimal traits. There's varying degrees but you will fall within the two ranges. Also you don't know what the future holds so having a perfect survivor might not mean much later so enjoy the ride. Hope this gives you an idea. Elites trump almost anything, they perform so much better. Elite Heroes are even better and due to a variety of events it's more easily accessible now.

Disclosure: I have a full roster of previous perfect survivors (luck, dodge, bullet dodge, iron skin, marksman) for range survivors. I recently found a "perfect" glass cannon shooter.

Steinar
    Helpful tips for guilds:

1) Have an alternative way to contact your guild members. A separate chat program if possible.
    2) Elders should be people you trust. Get to know them first, bounce ideas off and see if it's someone you are willing to work with.
    3) Communication is the key, if a member has issues in real life, inform your elder or leader.
    4) If it's not the guild you signed up for, let the guild know and most of the times the leaders and elders have contacts with other guilds and can help you find the right place. I personally want all our guild members to be happy, even if it means going somewhere else. Our guild isn't super competitive in terms of stars but have consistent top star earners, if they told me they want more of a challenge, I can refer them to other top guilds. I would rather have happy players than unhappy guild members.
    5) Respect and support the leader. It's not an easy job but the guild as a whole can make the role easier with communication and feedback.

Tip 1) is important since you can use that to coordinate if your leader has disappeared, you can start a new guild and transition. Or when an elder goes rogue. It's time to regroup.

Slack is really great, just play with it to get the settings right.

Project still in Process:

How to succeed as a F2P player. Player guide to surviving the Apocalypse.

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Excerpt: So you've downloaded the game now what do you do? If you want the best playing experience, please make sure your device can handle this game.

This guide is to give you ideas to play the game not how you should play as each person plays the game differently.

I'm a big proponent of learning from school of hard knocks, learn by playing.

The game has changed from when it was first introduced. It's easier to progress due to the changes but with these changes new struggles arise.

Chapter 2: The Right Fit

INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Chapter 3: Game Goes On

INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Chapter 4: The Grind

INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Chapter 5: The End Game

INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

This discussion has been closed.