Ultimate Challenge Version 2 / Like or Don't Like?

2»

Comments

• TiddlesTiddles Member Posts: 55
    I am a low level player - I don't like this Ultimate Challenge
    On game called "hilltop" it is extremely hard and stopped me play yesterday, I can't even get one star so challenge finish for me, I was beginning to think NG and kaz were listen but you make me very angry again.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    I am a high level player - I do like this Ultimate Challenge
    For those players having trouble with Hilltop
    @JackBauer was kind enough to make a couple of walk through videos which he shared in another thread.
    Worth a look;
    click here

Thanks for sharing @JackBauer :+1:
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • WhoareyouWhoareyou Member Posts: 87
    I think uc has great potential but it’s going to need a few tweaks hear and there
    Greater chance of getting high level gear and components

Working out a better balance for higher level player and lower level players so every one can in joy it

I think it great and it need to stay but with a few changers
    Killingtime 
    TJS
  • WickedWendyWickedWendy Member Posts: 15
    I am a high level player - I don't like this Ultimate Challenge
    Great to start at higher difficulty and miss the early grind, but I’m now stuck at Hilltop. I usually start with 5 or 6 RPs. I’ve got 3 this week. So even more grind than usual for next week’s challenge. It’s a no from me too, Dawg.
  • huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 281
    Hilltop ruined this Challenge. Did not see improved crate rewards. Lost two great Guild members because of frustration with this game. I’m sure the exodus of players will continue in the coming weeks.

Great job NG!
    Proud Co-Leader with Badger Hounds
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    I am a mid. level player - I do like this Ultimate Challenge
    Definitely a step in the right direction. I played to a higher level than I ever have because I had the time/patience/interest to repeat maps multiple times to get that third star or to just get through it so I could finish another round instead of saying, "F it, that's good enough."
    Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    T_storm69
    edited February 2018
    Confused...aren't those exact opposite issues? I mean, reduced round passes = playing longer. But you're not happy about finishing faster. I'm hearing, "I don't want to have to play so much but I'd like to play more."

Reduced round passes...and finishing the challenge way too early make this a no for me.

T_storm69
    There seems to be a lot of confusion about whether Ultimate Challenge = Hilltop. For the record, Hilltop has exactly NOTHING to do with UC. If people are voting no on this poll because they hated Hilltop, this poll is worthless.
    T_storm69
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 728
    Disliked because of round passes. It should be 3 rounds per pass for ultimate challenge.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,171
    edited February 2018
    valereee said:

Confused...aren't those exact opposite issues? I mean, reduced round passes = playing longer. But you're not happy about finishing faster. I'm hearing, "I don't want to have to play so much but I'd like to play more."

Reduced round passes...and finishing the challenge way too early make this a no for me.

Exactly. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind the 'grind' and finishes the challenge with lots of time to spare (and no gas boosters). So for me, the length of the current challenge is just fine, and i like all of the extra rounds because they get me more TG.

There are other people on this forum who want to play RSL 30+ (I almost never get to those challenge rounds, nor do I want to) and *they* are the ones who are complaining about grind and wanting to get to higher levels faster.

The reason I want more round passes is because I earn more TG when I have the 'double' rounds generated by round passes. I was at a sweet spot with the regular challenge, earning 7 round passes each week and finishing the game on Friday night/Saturday morning. This week I finished on Friday morning and there were no more TG to earn. This week I'll have fewer double rounds, because I only earned 5 round passes.

But the short of it is, different players have different preferences and it's going to be darn near impossible to please everyone, although I will give NG credit for trying.

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Thanks to everyone who voted and/commented

Hopefully this feedback is useful to help create a friendly challenge system for all.

I look forward to seeing what they have come up with in version 3 later today.

Goodluck everyone within your challenge and game in general.

This thread can be closed @MadPuppy @zbot
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    I am a mid. level player - I don't like this Ultimate Challenge
    only the top players prefer this new system, in low and medium they prefer the old one, easy to understand why
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    warlordf said:

only the top players prefer this new system, in low and medium they prefer the old one, easy to understand why

Speak for yourself, please, not for a whole group.

I know plenty of mid-level and low-level players who enjoy the new system (besides of Hilltop) because they have more free time to play other game modes and can get better rewards advancing faster.

Stars are not everything. Getting 10k stars means nothing if the rewards are the same as if you've gotten 100 stars. Only getting 1k when you normally get 1.5k means nothing, either, if the rewards are the same or even better.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    TJSKirnasWellyLuga
  • asdasasdas Member Posts: 23
    Absolutely love it.

Yeah, Hilltop was hard and decisive about how far you can get, but it was that to everyone. No favourites. Fair.

Balanced is not a synonym for easy ;)

RP every 3 rounds would make it even better - I enjoy playing to my max, and to paying attention to my moves while doing so. Mindless grind on normal challenge eats up my motivation to try and go as far as I can go, even if I could have time and booster each week.
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    Closed per Ops request
This discussion has been closed.