what's going on with the cinema?

OK now this is what I'm getting when I go to the cinema a long pause a black screen then the logo as provided in the pics c'mon NG if it's not one fuck up its another no wonder why people are leaving/quiting the game....it used to be so fun now its one thing after another...I'm kinda losing my faith in you not the show not the game but you NG i hope things change
youngbesyz

Comments

• DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    This has been happening to me a lot lately, too. Just close out the app and reopen it, and it should open directly at the "Claim Reward" screen. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but that's the fix.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
  • MrRosadoMrRosado Member Posts: 120
    I do that but the thing is I shouldn't have too...so it's either don't watch the cinema and miss out on rewards or watch the cinema's black screen then get kicked out right back to the start up screen...thats not my fault
    DBonespaintbeastrustynail
  • ChiefkeoChiefkeo Member Posts: 168
    Airbnb ad is looking up my game.
    edited February 2018
    Can't exit out of this ad. The X never appears.
    dmar310Andrea1LostWarrior
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    We are looking into the ad issues and if it doesn't run properly, force closing and opening the app again is a possible workaround that can be done in the meantime.

The problem is that having a "black screen" instead of an ad, is that we can't really tell the ad providers and therefore, can't contact them :(.

Sorry for the trouble!
    General_Pain
    Here is another. No black screen troubles and yes closing works but it's getting old quickly. These are all new ads I had not seen before today.
    Sorry it didn't attach before
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,504
    Just curious what device are you using? If android try to clear the app cache.
  • Eire1916Eire1916 Member Posts: 15
    I keep getting an add for a game called Mahjong Journey , no X appears after it to exit out.

I'm regularly getting another add which works fine except it doesn't allow me to open any mission crates afterwards ! Its a short add , maybe 10 seconds long.
  • UberUber Member Posts: 58
    please be advised that I have had to restart my game twice today after waiting about a minute after watching the same ad after a scavenge mission. I was not able to close ad / no x option available. Please see attachment.
  • MrRosadoMrRosado Member Posts: 120
    @zbot I tried to take a pic of the ad but once again there's no ad showing it's just a black screen then it takes me back to the start up screen...I cleared my cache reset my phone and its still doing it it's not my phone everything else works except the cinema yeah I do get the rewards after but that's not the point maybe NG should take the cinema out and revamp the radio tower so everyday instead of 1 free phone we can get up to 5,10 or 15 now
  • redbaronredbaron Member Posts: 52
    I had to restart 2 times in a row after this ad.
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2018
    Wth? The last couple of days I keep getting ads with no "x" to close them and the back button won't work. I have to close the game and restart to clear the ads.

They don't seem to be freezing as others have complained. After sitting through the 30 seconds or so waiting for it to end, the ads just don't include an "x" to close it. If you touch the screen where the "x" normally appears (like the corner), it opens the games webpage.

Please stop using these ads.

EDIT to add: one of these ads is "Take 5 Slots". There is no way to exit the ad without restarting the game.
    Andrea1LostWarrior
  • dmar310dmar310 Member Posts: 83
    Chiefkeo said:

Can't exit out of this ad. The X never appears.

I'm having the same problem. No screenshot, but one of the ads that does it is "Take 5 Slots". A second one was an I spy type game. I think they are all by the same developer because they all have the same "install" button.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,741
    It's happening everywhere. With all ads.
    valereeeAndrea
  • AliceRC17AliceRC17 Member Posts: 106
    Me too .The Advertising "wish " forced an New Start by me.Please Repair!
    Tabor
  • TaborTabor Member Posts: 4
    I have noticed this happening the past few days also. A repeat offender is an ad for "Puzzle & Dragons". Requires to shut down the game and do a re-start to get out of the ad. If possible, please screen the ads before using them.
  • TaborTabor Member Posts: 4
    Also ad for "Stash".
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 550
    There's at least a couple that don't allow you to exit and get back to the game without shutting down and restarting. One is for shoes. Another is for a slot machine game. Can we get those fixed?
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,504
    Merged: I’m curious if this is happening for android or iOS devices.

If android, did you try clearing the app cache?

If iOS did you update to the latest iOS update?
  • SmokeandMirrorsSmokeandMirrors Member Posts: 358
    iOS. Do not have the latest update. No x to close the ad. This ad Every. Single. Time
  • valereeevalereee Member Posts: 179
    I click on video and simply don't get an ad, so I can't take a pic. In the theater it just gives me "sorry, something went wrong" instead of playing the ad. In the crate-open screen I press 'watch video' and 'watch video' just disappears. In both cases, closing and reopening the game does work, but can this really be the ADS' fault @zbot @Kaz I'm using an iPad mini.
    Winner of the 'Post Your Worst Jackpot' contest Jan18
    1LostWarrior
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I get this now. When I return to camp, the video sometimes starts suddenly a few seconds later. No reward at the end, though.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    1LostWarrior
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    There are way more ad issues post update.

Not only do I get the same as above, but I also have had to contact support 5/6 times over broken ads. Pre-update it had been 1/2.
    1LostWarrior
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    Bump.... 5 times tonight.

I watch the vid, click the X, then you want gold from me to open 4-6.

Ads have been an issue since the latest update!
    1LostWarrior
  • 1LostWarrior1LostWarrior Member Posts: 80
    I use android.... I clear cache and junk multi times with this game...but the New ads are the main problem now....no X...or just crashes and restarts
    The New Gillette commercial is redundant over and over non-stop now
    Have to leave game....clean...return...just too redo it again and again
    Please for the sake of corporate sponsorship and our sanity......
    Fix it or replace it....Thank you !!
  • RbredtRbredt Member Posts: 70
    edited February 2018
    I get a lot of above problems too. iPhone X, latest update. I don’t mind the occasional force close. But when I sit through the ad and don’t get my reward through it, I mind.
    1LostWarrior
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 298
    There are a couple out there that give you an x, but when you try to use it you get a pop up that tells you you get no reward if you close the ad no matter how long you watch it.
    1LostWarrior