Ultimate Challenge 2 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,124
    Hoping once this is finished upgrading and thrown on pink Abe that it will get me through hilltop at least once more.
    tabernacDodkong
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    I love getting to harder levels faster even if the fatties are kicking my butt. Hate 5 round passes and 3 rounds per higher level and I dont see better rewards at all, but Im at least more engaged in trying to get higher. . I grade this effort as a "B" on NG's part.
    ATLAS-ZtabernacWellyLugaT_storm69
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 612
    I have mixed emotions about this challenge. I hit lvl 30 Saturday morning which usually doesn’t happen until Sunday afternoon, so I like that. That result may be slightly skewed due to gas from the herd. Hilltop does suck a bag of (censored) but I have been able to 2 star it since 28. I will most likely top out at 31 which is about normal. The downside is I will have 6 passes rather than 9. This format will give me more time and gas to play the distance with some “decent” rewards or run some different strategies in the challenge which is also a plus. Long story short, still some tweaking needed before receiving the Serp Seal of Approval.
    DonCoqui
  • T_storm69T_storm69 Member Posts: 49
    The only people that support this s#@! Of a challenge are selfish!!! F your guild, teammates, noobs, good players without weapon good weapon traits. This if frustratrating, not Fun. 1 map has ruined the challenge. Even the best will be off there Mark average of stars. If you beat your mark...you been slacking. Think of the game not yourself. This should of never happened.
    TJSPigAnnette578
  • T_storm69T_storm69 Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2018
    @serp I'M complexed. Please explain last week 5 min gas refill. And why you got futher this week
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 576
    Bork bork! Bork bork! I complained early on about the Hilltop Massacre, but come to my think of it I was wrong to complain. We asked for a shorter grind, we got a shorter grind. Case closed. Bork bork! Bork bork!
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    SCBMAJadenSPC_TORRESant
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,124
    I just hit level 29 and that's actually my highest level so far, weird.
    And I might try one more, if I got time.
    @MadPuppy
    Keep the ultimate challenge. I'm about done and it's only mid-day Saturday in my neck of the woods. I'm even going to venture out of the house for something other than a beer run. Change the round passes to 3-4 and I'll be happy w/ the new non-grind.

"You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    mack22MadPuppyTransmuteJun
    I might add that our initial reaction to the Hilltop Massacre is just withdrawal... NG has us so conditioned to endless and endless hours of mind-numbing grind that we were in shock. So conditioned are we that we took it as a personal affront to our walker killing abilities.

My .02 cents.
    TJSJerryDixonjimmorrison369shaunatthepub
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 612
    > @T_storm69 said:
    > @serp I'M complexed. Please explain last week 5 min gas refill. And why you got futher this week

I think you may have misunderstood me. I got to 30 FASTER this week due to fewer rounds. I added that part of that may be because of the extra gas I am getting from the herd as I don’t buy boosters. I will NOT make it farther than I usually do, but not by much, maybe 3 or 4 rounds less. Now if hilltop wasn’t such an out of balance map, I might be able to advance further with the extra time. My star count will be considerably less but that doesn’t concern me since it is all relative. I am basically saying I do like the fact I was able to reach level 30 much faster.
    SCBMADonCoquiTJS
  • MischaMischa Member Posts: 87
    I like this challenge, even with Hilltop. At the beginning, I was shocked and thought what the hell but 3 good hunters can do it, with some luck one can hide left or right and if not — replay. I am at 31.2 now, the same level as normally on late Sunday and still have time to get TG, XP or just play with the kids. Bought the gas booster for the challenge and distance as always on Sunday but don’t have the pressure to grind and grind.

@NG, please make it permanent! It’s great!
    DonCoquiWellyLugaThe_Overcomer
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 302
    My whole guild is essentially hamstrung by this UC garbage. Probably our lowest production ever.
    Hilltop? SERIOUSLY? Did you fire a designer and we all suffer? SMH
    You made The Distance well-balanced for low versus high; but The Challenge, when UC, just costs us time and rewards. Fair enough, if you need revenue and expect folks to pay to win. But those of us grinding towards this alleged endgame found our pockets rather empty.

Side note: I set my personal star record last week, and had my first 4 ticket start this week. Into hell.
    Perhaps you could advertise these ugly weeks sooner, so that players can ignore the week before and not immediately enter 2- & 1-star missions? I want to be a good guild member... But I just put up 440 and quit.

Does making your oldest players quit save you money somehow?!?
    dlbGeirAmBushrustynail
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 767
    Mystique said:

I called at quits today on 32.2.. I can not replay that map even one more time! Unless @tabernac passes me.. :wink: Definitely added to the grind! Now I’ll have a productive weekend with the fam, or annoy my guildmates in chat.. either way I’m sure it’ll be entertaining lol

The only chance I have of passing @Mystique in a challenge is if it's Bruiser week....
    MystiquebigbeanoJenng
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    Wth is wrong with my bruiser @tabernac ? Lmao
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    tabernacDonCoquibigbeanoJenng
    Hey Rene... pls keep ur minions in check... lol! Hope u r doing well!!!
    MystiquebigbeanoJaden

bigbeanoMystiqueJadenant
    Serp said:

> @T_storm69 said:

> @serp I'M complexed. Please explain last week 5 min gas refill. And why you got futher this week

I think you may have misunderstood me. I got to 30 FASTER this week due to fewer rounds. I added that part of that may be because of the extra gas I am getting from the herd as I don’t buy boosters. I will NOT make it farther than I usually do, but not by much, maybe 3 or 4 rounds less. Now if hilltop wasn’t such an out of balance map, I might be able to advance further with the extra time. My star count will be considerably less but that doesn’t concern me since it is all relative. I am basically saying I do like the fact I was able to reach level 30 much faster.

Perplexed... complexed... vexed... in the end we r all hexed...
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited February 2018

Jenng