Aaron's teamwork leader trait

My guildmates were having a discussion about how his leader trait works and how useful it is. The in game description says 'successive attacks by your team made on the same target deal 14% more damage'. Could anyone tell us how this works?

Does the 14% keep stacking as the mission goes on? I.e 1st attack normal, 2nd +14%, 3rd +28%, next turn, 4th +42% and so on or does it reset each turn? If so, what about if you have a team of charged shooters/warriors which will give you 6 attacks in a single turn? It's very difficult to test this as we have all reached our limit in the distance and everything else we could come up against at the moment would be dead in a couple turns.

Thanks!
Forever Wild Walking B)
GkingsDBonesMischaromeo

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    I don't think it keeps stacking. A short testing didn't show that.

But maybe someone else did more extended testing.
    Gkings
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    edited February 2018
    WellyLugaDBonesromeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,566
    I wonder if @Kaz can kindly shine some light on this? If it keeps stacking for turns 4, 5 and 6 then it would be pretty handy!
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    DBones
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    1000 base 1000
    1140 2nd OR 14% of 1000 = 140 = 1140
    1280 3rd OR 14% of 1140 = 159.6 = 1299.6
    1420 4th OR 14% of 1299.6 = 181.944 = 1481.54
    1560 5th OR 14% of 1481.54 = 207.42 = 1688.96
    1700 6th OR 14% of 1688.96 = 236.45 = 1925.41

I want to say the above in bold I believe is incorrect. Reason being when you combine training gear with Maggies trait the percentages are added. If maggie does 35% bonus and training gear does 30% bonus it's not
    [(damage + 35% for maggie) + 30% for training gear]... It's 35% plus 30% = 65%... damage + 65%

My only questions would be...

Do they stack beyond a single turn? If your 3 suvviros hit on turn 1 then attack same target on turn 2 does the 14% reset to 0 or does it pick up where it left off?

1000 first hit, 1140 second hit, 1280 third hit... turn ends... next turn 1000 first hit, 1140 second hit etc. (assuming you only hit that same target.

Secondly, if a survivor has multiple turns like charge ability on shooter and warrior do those turns count to add 14% damage to what the charge attack would have been?

Thirdly, does interrupt or overwatch hits count towards a total. If my scout interrupts a armored is that hit 1? then the next 3 turns would all get the 14% increase?

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    DBonesPapacasromeo
  • DBonesDBones Member Posts: 800
    When Aaron was first released, my reading of his leader trait was that each successive attack stacked on top of the previous one. But I could swear I read somewhere here on the forums where someone said it did not, and it was simply a flat 14% on each successive attack. However, I have absolutely no idea who said it or when it was said. Hell, I don't even know if I actually read it, or if I'm simply imagining the whole thing. Either way, I've been operating under the assumption - despite my original interpretation - that each successive attack is a flat 14%. He's already got terrific regular traits, and even if his leader trait doesn't stack, it's still good (though not "great"), so he's a solid hero either way. But if the attacks do in fact stack, then I think that Aaron would be simply awesome - right on up there with the likes of Sasha and Abe.
    Board-certified slayer of the dead
    Proud elder of Dead Stalkers
    atrainofficialaquilaCaptainslayeryoungbesyz
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 487
    > @DLich said:
    > 1000 base 1000
    > 1140 2nd OR 14% of 1000 = 140 = 1140
    > 1280 3rd OR 14% of 1140 = 159.6 = 1299.6
    > 1420 4th OR 14% of 1299.6 = 181.944 = 1481.54
    > 1560 5th OR 14% of 1481.54 = 207.42 = 1688.96
    > 1700 6th OR 14% of 1688.96 = 236.45 = 1925.41
    >
    > I want to say the above in bold I believe is incorrect. Reason being when you combine training gear with Maggies trait the percentages are added. If maggie does 35% bonus and training gear does 30% bonus it's not
    > [(damage + 35% for maggie) + 30% for training gear]... It's 35% plus 30% = 65%... damage + 65%
    >
    > My only questions would be...
    >
    > Do they stack beyond a single turn? If your 3 suvviros hit on turn 1 then attack same target on turn 2 does the 14% reset to 0 or does it pick up where it left off?
    >
    > 1000 first hit, 1140 second hit, 1280 third hit... turn ends... next turn 1000 first hit, 1140 second hit etc. (assuming you only hit that same target.
    >
    > Secondly, if a survivor has multiple turns like charge ability on shooter and warrior do those turns count to add 14% damage to what the charge attack would have been?
    >
    > Thirdly, does interrupt or overwatch hits count towards a total. If my scout interrupts a armored is that hit 1? then the next 3 turns would all get the 14% increase?

Terminates quoted this before in one of the Aaron’s thread. You will be able to find it if you look it up.

@Pic It stacks each time but on the same enemy that all 3 have targeted. So if aaron hits a fatty first, and then the hunter shoots the fatty with other walkers, the hunter will hit the fatty for 14% extra damage. If the assault hits the fatty and the same enemies the hunter hit, the assault will hit the fatty for 28% extra damage and the other LoS enemies for 14% extra damage.

According to a reputable source, Aaron’s trait do not stack beyond one turn. However I am not sure if it still stacks if you start from overwatch and begin 3 successive attacks.
    jimmorrison369romeo
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    I have been doing my own testing but its hard to see the word "teamwork" and see the damage at the same time. I can tell you that you can overwatch and your next turn "teamwork" does come up. But does that mean you're doing more damage... I dunno

An official word from ng would be nice
    Dada
  • R2runfastR2runfast Member Posts: 332
    Thank you @Kaz
    KazTimboskiromeo
  • keplerkepler Member Posts: 14
    I agree with wellyluga. That makes Aaron’s trait a bit underpowered compared to others heroes. Hopefully Aaron gets an adjustment like rick did in the last update.
    KazWellyLugaanthony172Kwansa
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,566
    Let's hope his trait gets a minor tweak in a future update then :wink:

My Aaron has a level 3 leader trait with a 14% boost, Merle is 16% at level 3 and I wouldn't need to strategically plan my attacks or worry about retaliate/revenge.

Appreciate the time you took in answering my question thoigh @Kaz
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    Kaz
  • huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 206
    Kaz, you are going to be awesome for us! Thanks!
    Proud Elder with Badger Hounds
    KazekimhclewKwansamsapaev
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 663
    > @huskersoxfan said:
    > Kaz, you are going to be awesome for us! Thanks!

That's true. @Kaz Keep doing it. We need someone who can hear us. That someone is you now. Thank you so much. And pls always be kind, respectful and professional.
    Kaz
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,098
    @kaz... Amazing gif sample.

The forums are a much better place after you jumped in.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    ekimhclewGovernatorKaz
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,475
    @Kaz

Great gif example! I have a couple more questions. If you use an Assault on the team, does Aaron's Leader Trait still activate even though you are hitting multiple targets? Do you need to aim specifically at the target in question with area-effect weapons (e.g., Assault Rifles, Kingdom Spear, Warrior Katana, etc.)? And, does Aaron need to fire first to "mark" the target so the successive hits on that target start at that point?

Thanks!
    KazDavid_H79msapaevDBones
  • Cefr0Cefr0 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2018
    @Kaz Hey I've had this q for a while and it ties i nicely here. Do "special target" attack bonuses like Aarons, as well as Rosita's, Dwights, Merle's, and Ricks get applied direct to survivor-only damage, like those of Abraham and Jesus? Are they applied to the whole base (survivor& traits+weapon&traits), like a damage % badge? And on this grain I had two qs about Negan's bonus. (1) where does his d% bonus fit and (2) does his damage resistance stack with DR badges or is it multiplied (like Gabriel's luck trait). Obliged!
    msapaev
  • Cefr0Cefr0 Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2018
    As for the main topic though, I can imagine why from the code perspective the trait may be designed with a fixed nonincreasing bonus (if target x was hit last, damage is increased by fixed x%). I'm not sure how much harder it would be to code it to do a more robust check for how many successive attack have occurred and to increase the bonus exponentially.

That said, if the bonus is fixed I agree, very underpowered trait. While not restricted by class like Abe and Jesus's, it effectively limits the benefits to 2 of the 3 attackers (though I suppose special defense attacks like punish, revenge, and retaliate) could extend the benefit further, While it doesn't have the same target restrictions like Dwight and Merle, it's a trait that IN THEORY is best suited for attacking these tougher targets; even level 19+ distance walkers dont usually require more than 2-3 attacks to kill, and for this trait death = the end of the benefit. With that in mind it is absolutely underpowered against those of Dwight and Merle whos trait doesn;t skip the first attack.

With exponential damage increase, this would be a really beautiful trait that drives building a team around classes with multiple attacks and strategically thinking about what order to deliver those attacks. It would support having 2 or even 3 shooters on a team. While certainly playing a team with multiple survivors in the same class is possible, it's usually not the optimal approach. Badge build planning is (or should be) done alongside team planning, therefore badge class alignment should be made based on how you plan to play a survivor/hero generally.

Melee Hero traits like Michonnes and Jesus' provide decent damage incentives to make an exception with 1 or a few survivors builds with warrior class bonuses, and to perhaps make these heroes badge-friendly to warriors. The fact that their traits are limited to melee, limits them team makeup that would provide max benefits. While they pair well with Scouts, the damage benefits may have less impact on bruisers, further narrowing this range. Warrior pairing for these heroes better achieves max-benefits and a player can also then have a more flexible scout whose only class-badges are warrior, Warrior-friendly warriors (from a badge perspective) could also get benefits playing with the other warrior heroes, Jerry and Ezekiel, whose traits are not melee-specific, meaning that there's a wide range of situations where a 2 warrior team makes sense and achieves max benefits.

Range Hero traits are not so flexible, particularly from a damage-focus perspective
    - Abe's assault boost badly pairs with assault who have lower base damage
    - Sasha's boost is tied to body shots, and usually Hunters build around criticals
    - Ricks traits supports close combat, which is more a melee thing
    - Carl's survival traits also most likely works for a melee character likely to be killed
    - The case could be made that Rufus's charge trait would support a 2-Assault team for maps with heavy 2-turn spawn timers and many walkers, and the the H% boost well applies to Assaults. But I think its usually the special walkers and survivors that prove the biggest challenges to players, so this Assault stack seems less useful, and Rufus's trait well connects with most other classes (unlike Jesus and Michonne)
    -Dwight and Daryl's traits might be the only ones who pair well with other Hunters for a team trying to take down a big target at a distance, But I'd still be less likely to build their badges around hunters than other classes.

Restating my earlier point, with exponential damage, Aaron's trait makes a great case for a 2 shooter team whose members have shooter badge bonuses and offer a unique strategy for taking down big targets.