The Ultimate Challenge Version 3 / LIKE or DON'T LIKE?

TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501

THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE VERSION 3

So we have the third version of the Ultimate Challenge this week.

No Heavy Spawning Tanks / Round Passes every 3 rounds / Extra rewards

Have we now got a challenge system we all like?

Is it a case of third time lucky?

Cast your vote and/or leave your comments, likes, dislikes etc.

:warning: Remember you only get ONE VOTE and it can't be changed so it might be best to hold off your vote until later in the challenge.

I'm making this poll an anonymous poll in hopes to get a more accurate result. Your welcome to comment what you voted for but that's up to you.

Two choices. LIKE or DON'T LIKE :error:

The Ultimate Challenge Version 3 / LIKE or DON'T LIKE? 101 votes

I LIKE VERSION 3 OF THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE
93% 94 votes
I DON'T LIKE VERSION 3 OF THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE
6% 7 votes
-
TJS  -  Member of W-S
Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain

Comments

• LootHoarderLootHoarder Member Posts: 107
    Im still in the dont like camp. Not to say it isnt better than normal because, as ive quantified in other posts, it is demonstrably less grindy than normal. However, it doesnt eliminate the grind or make it possible for player choice to determine rsl in order to allow player choice to dictate their grind preference without impact to stars, rewards, etc etc etc. As a result, i am still in the dont like camp.
    Fahqbendover
  • CzarnyJoCzarnyJo Member Posts: 70
    Like it? It's awesome af! :smiley:
    Doing it permanent should end grind in this game.
    TJS
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,749
    Jenng said:

Wait...... what?! There’s a threesome ultimate challenge? ....... this is news to me, where have I been? Lol

GovernatorCronusPapacasJenng
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I'm holding my official vote until a little further on, but unless there's a big glitch I haven't discovered yet, I'm going to come out on the positive side.

I don't think it's perfect, but it is far better IMO than the standard challenge that starts my level 23 survivors at RSL 14 before round passes.

I am curious how many round passes I'll end with, and how that would translate if this format continued every week.
    KazDLichTJS
  • RouvinatorRouvinator Member Posts: 96
    I like it. I would even choose UC2 with hilltoplike maps instead of starting at rsl14 with Level 23 chars
    KazATLAS-ZTJS
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,200
    Liking it a lot so far.

The removal of the timerlock is the most important feature IMO as it allows is to plan and manage our time, and don't put a restraint on gas booster functionality.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • ChiefkeoChiefkeo Member Posts: 157
    Liking what I see so far but it's way early for a thumbs up or thumbs down at this point but definitely not getting a single finger salute at this point.
    MadMonkeyDBonesJenngAimless1016
  • MadMonkeyMadMonkey Member Posts: 17
    Too early, but less grind is better.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,053
    Better than the UC 2.0, but still a lot of polishing to do.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    Way too early for me to say 'Like' or 'Don't'

I prefered ver.1 over ver.2 and Im hopeful that ver.3 might just be the best one yet. I'm definitely liking it so far and it seems the rest of my guild is liking it too. No complaints thus far.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 213
    too hard for low levels, really.. go faster with the difficult i cant beat level 16 walkers
  • KwansaKwansa Member Posts: 78
    This version 3 is my favourite. If they could make it permanent it would be fantastic.
    PapacasJenngSPC_TORRES
  • FahqbendoverFahqbendover Member Posts: 393
    I’m
    Still a fan of 3 segments per round so still not enjoying this
    Chrang
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007
    I am liking that the TG rewards seem to have increased. They have gone above 1000 per round. I am still tracking them, and wondering if there is a limit, or if they keep increasing... ?
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,402
    Is slightly sad to be nearing the ‘wall’ and it’s only Thursday.

Yeah yeah, I’ve read it all before “more time that you can do Scavenger and Outpost raids”.

That’s a double edged blade…
    Someone else could respond with “if you’re tired of the grind, stop grinding and go do Scavenger and Outpost raids”, because we already know from It’s not about the stars.

Still holding my vote. I do prefer three rounds per difficulty just so I can have more play time without doing the repetitive Scavenger and Outpost raids...

Wait, wait, wait, if they are repetitive, why do we keep saying there a perfect alternative?

Ah, good for the goose, cook the gander!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Fahqbendover
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,720
    @ShadowaceAz

What I would like to know is, what level are your survivors and did you buy a gas booster? My guys are level 23 and I've not bought gas, currently I'm plodding through RSL26 still some way before the levels start to get challenging. I don't mind this cause it's only Thursday and on the normal challenge this is where I would be tomorrow night.

If you've bought a booster and taken advantage of the no cool down I can't see how you can complain about hitting the wall so early.
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    "3rd time is a charm"

We're still early into the challenge but I'm thinking this is the best version yet.

Judging by the votes in this poll and comparing them to previous polls it would seem I'm not alone in my thoughts.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    mack22
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,007

I am liking that the TG rewards seem to have increased. They have gone above 1000 per round. I am still tracking them, and wondering if there is a limit, or if they keep increasing... ?

In case anyone is interested, I discovered this morning that it seems to cap at 1200 TG per round at level 26. Probably not coincidentally, this is also where it starts going to 3 rounds per level.
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    I love UC3 and hope NG implements something like this in the future.
    p_herian
  • SleeperyJeemSleeperyJeem Member Posts: 96
    MUCH improved. Right now it’s a winner, we’ll see how I feel as I get close to the wall. It shouldn’t take much longer.
This discussion has been closed.