Ultimate Challenge response - Thanks for all the feedback!

Comments

• zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,064
    @Kaz, thanks for the round passes after every three rounds.

With the ultimate challenge, I am able to finish the challenge earlier and can concentrate on my humanly chores.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    Kazaquila
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,211
    @SleeperyJeem

Every map has one easy one you can repeat. This one had the Farm which was pretty easy even on level 32. You can play that 6x
    Kaz
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    only in the end i know if it was better or not but last challenge i made 1102 my best until now and this last one i made nearly 700 so i didnt enjoy this system, lets try again and see

also distance for 2 days but without reset? most players cant finish it (i got until mission 13) so whats the point of having 2 days????
    AxewoundMadMonkeyEL34xyz
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    edited February 2018
    @crambert_nec but for several players the grinding is not monotonous, not all players have all survivors at max level neither the best guns and updates to kill stronger walkers and saviours so they dont get to 1800 stars, for me it was very hard to get 1100, it was my first time because usually i go between 800, 900... I like the game and moving faster just makes me play less time and thats not fun.

regarding the distance for me its the same because i did in the first day what i was going to do in the second, no changes since second day i was not able to play but in the meanwhile i couldnt complete the daily tasks cause i had to run 6 missions in distance and my survivors were all dead since mission 13 in day 1.
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    edited February 2018
    @warlordf I get that, but for a lot of players it is a grind. The UC tries to find a happy medium for all player levels. Is it 100% what end gamers want? No. I'm sure most of us want even more of the fat trimmed. I don't know what player level you are but imagine for about 3-4 days straight you were only playing levels where walkers were like 10 levels below you. That wouldn't be fun and it wouldn't be challenging. That's what it feels like for a lot of us.

And as @Pandreq pointed out, there's other options than just playing challenge! Hit your challenge max and then use the other modes to build up resources so you can get your squad even more beefed up and hit a new challenge max the following week :)
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    JadenMadMonkeyPandreqDBones
  • kkatsukkatsu Member Posts: 140
    MadMonkey said:

Why does the number of stars matter? Let’s reward 9 stars per instead of 3. Would that make it all better? Who cares, what are the rewards for those stars? I got almost 1200 stars this last round instead of over 1600. But my rewards did not seem less because they had been adjusted. And as someone else pointed out, if you want more XP or crates, go play outpost, scavenge, etc. The rewards per gas spent are higher than the UC. Key word to the UC is challenge. Ultamate CHALLENGE. If you are not challenged because you are grinding all week and never reach your limits, then it is not very challenging now is it?

Very well said. The original challenge format wasn't really challenging. It was more of Ultimate Grind. Now last week was indeed fun & challenging. And I even liked Hilltop map. Personally I want to be more challenged. If someone want's to grind, they should play scavenge missions.
    PandreqDBonesMadMonkeyEL34xyz
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited February 2018
    Number of stars does not matter if everyone is playing the same game.
    It's pretty silly not to see the big picture here.

You must remember that the number of stars got jacked way up 2 or 3 times the normal at one point when the new challenge system started
    I thought it was really dumb to take top score of 500 stars one week and the next challenge you were able to get 1500 stars.

Here's a little perspective
    This is a screen shot of my guild back on 04/11/2016.
    So almost 2 years ago

Do you think MadDog was PO'd because he could not get 1500 stars?
    163 stars was a good score back then in my guild

paintbeastMadMonkeyPapacas
  • Awwsome just awsome
  • MadMonkeyMadMonkey Member Posts: 17
    @EL34xyz Exactly! I can remember breaking 400 stars and thinking that was amazing. Now 400 can be done in the first day, even with the UC and 5+ round passes.
    EL34xyz
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    MadMonkey said:

@EL34xyz Exactly! I can remember breaking 400 stars and thinking that was amazing. Now 400 can be done in the first day, even with the UC and 5+ round passes.

NG sort of shot themselves in the foot making that giant leap in stars you could achieve in the challenge
    Why not raise the level slowly?
    Now you see what is happening by all the people whining about the star count going down?
  • CaliCaliforniaCaliCalifornia Member Posts: 24
    @Kaz where the hunters tweeked at all? It seems they’ve lost some power during the last two challenges. Crit hits less frequent as well.

“Now you see what is happening by all the people whining about the star count going down?”
    No, complaining about star counts going down does not make sense when rewards have been adjusted.
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423

@Kaz where the hunters tweeked at all? It seems they’ve lost some power during the last two challenges. Crit hits less frequent as well.

Hm... nothing was changed in the last few months, but keep me posted so we can keep an eye on that. But last week's challenge we had the 50% hunter bonus damage and also a lot of tank/heavy walker. Maybe it could have caused some confusion? :B
  • CaliCaliforniaCaliCalifornia Member Posts: 24
    Um, maybe. But I didn’t use hunters on hunter week because they weren’t getting the job done. Others I’ve chatted with said the same.
    Kaz
  • berg280berg280 Member Posts: 146
    I would like to see the challenge back to normal. only difference to be is passes every 3 rounds and no cool downs. I think everyone would like this. so many people hate the UC but I think this would be a way to make everyone happy. you keep your star counts with less grind.
    GeirJadenMadMonkeycrambert_necTransmuteJunCaliCaliforniaRouvinatorbigbeano
  • GeirGeir Member Posts: 39
    @berg280 , agree .
    If they remove or cut down the cooldown periode so people can plan when to play it will be good.
    Then 1 free pass for every 3 round.
    Will benefit all players new and old.
    If I had 4 and 5 pink survivors I maybe love UC as well but most players not so lucky.
    But remember the forum it's a forum for old players opinion.

NG should as well look at the tokens system so it possible to level up faster.
    I have some 3 pink survivors and to reach 4 pink I need so much tokens so it's ridiculous.

Anyway people in a game should after a time have the possibility to reach up.
    The system now it's that we have the distance make it more difficult to catch up for ordinary players because they have survivors to weak .
    And you can be at level 67 and all players level 23 but the important is how many pink and what you have in badges.
    berg280MadMonkeycrambert_necbigbeano
    > @Jaden said:
    > And so many people hate the normal challenge, me included... On all my accounts I am doing better during UC than during normal challenge. I have more time to play and reach better rewards sooner.
    >
    > I only wish Distance was on Sunday when I have a ton of hospital time during which my gas gets wasted.
    >
    > Removing the timer will do nothing for me since I don't buy boosters but I want it to be gone nonetheless - I know how annoying it can be if on a booster. But it would solve nothing for us f2p folks.
    >
    > It would not make me happy to go back to normal challenge with round passes every 3 rounds.
    >
    > Just give us double the stars we now get per map and those obsessed with high star counts will be amazed at how good they are.
    >
    > Let people decide how many (if any) round passes they want to use. That will satisfy those who want to get those low-level rewards and who love to grind their hearts out.
    >
    > That would solve most of the problems those who hate the UC have and would also not hurt those who want to get to the meat of the challenge faster so we can do something else with our lives instead of just working our paid job and our unpaid job which is NML.

this is where I kinda have to disagree. it's fine to be a f2p player. but a p2p player should have an advantage in every game. I am a p2p player and if I had no advantage over a f2p player why would I spend money? people like me that choose to financially support a game we love should always be able to go further. same as any other game. this game needs to make money so they have make it worth it to spend money or they would go broke.
    suzequeueMadMonkeyJadenGeirJayZbigbeano
    You should not need to buy a gas booster and grind your butt off to get to a challenging part of the game. That is why people are leaving this game left and right. When people don’t play, NG doesn’t make any money. Keep in mind, Ads pay too. Each time you watch a video, someone is getting paid. I will buy things now and again, but I will not spend money on a gas booster just so I can grind and get to a challenging part of the game. My time is more valuable than that.
    I completely disagree that just because you spend two bucks you deserve to get further in game. What if I spend $13 on a bundle with a weapon with tokens and such. By that thinking I should get 6 times further than you spending two bucks on a booster. That is not, nor should it, be the way it works.
    berg280JadenPutchucoJayZbigbeano
    > @MadMonkey said:
    > You should not need to buy a gas booster and grind your butt off to get to a challenging part of the game. That is why people are leaving this game left and right. When people don’t play, NG doesn’t make any money. Keep in mind, Ads pay too. Each time you watch a video, someone is getting paid. I will buy things now and again, but I will not spend money on a gas booster just so I can grind and get to a challenging part of the game. My time is more valuable than that.
    > I completely disagree that just because you spend two bucks you deserve to get further in game. What if I spend $13 on a bundle with a weapon with tokens and such. By that thinking I should get 6 times further than you spending two bucks on a booster. That is not, nor should it, be the way it works.

the way I see it is. you only have to spend 2 bucks to get you further in the game. forget the 13 bucks it's only 2. if you can't afford that. well sorry to hear about that. other games I've played you would be paying a hell of a lot more. it's pretty cheap here. less grind will be better and I'm sure they will make it better. but to max out your stars I'm sure you will have to spend that 2 bucks. game needs to make something.
    JadenMadMonkeyRouvinator
    If some form of the UC does not become permanent, like many, I will be yet another person that cannot do the grind any longer and leave the game. This after over two years of playing. It’s not even the 2 bucks, more than just the time it takes. It is absolutely unacceptable the amount of time it takes to get to a challenging part of the game. I have a job, a wife, and other hobbies that take time. My life is not the game.
    The game will make money from ads and sales of of other bundles. Your 2 dollars is not making them much of anything. Let’s be real, you don’t care about the game making money, you just want to get more stars than the next guy and you will spend the money to do so. You can’t buy your stars with the UC, so you are unhappy about it.
    Putchucobigbeano
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,064
    If you want to make the leaderboard - and that is the problem - spending 2 bucks a week won't get you far. People need to buy 2 to 3 gas booster plus gold to heal (old challenge format with timer). They need to get their survivors to multiple pink, they need badges... (no matter the challenge format).

And here is also why the endless boring grind is unnecessary to give paying players an advantage over f2p - phones and gold can be bought and for quicker leveling of all your survivors and equipment, there is the XP booster. Gold let's you heal faster, upgrade faster, buy you badge parts, lets you restart The Distance, can be exchanged for other in-game currencies... And there are weapon bundles to get better gear, some with unique traits...

There is enough money to be made by NG and enough that will give paying players an advantage over f2p without condemning everyone to hours and hours of boring grind.

All in all, if you are highly competitive, this game is very expensive go need to also make it extremely tedious and joyless.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    MadMonkeyPutchucobigbeano
    I do buy my stars with the UC as well. I just get further. but you are right. I do like to compete and get ahead of the next player. I can tell you all that I play in a top 15 global guild. sometimes top 10. and they all can't wait till next week when the challenge goes back to normal. but we do want the grind to change. that's why I like the idea of passes every 3 rounds and no cool down. that would fix it for us anyway. but I know we all have our own opinions. this is just mine :)
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,064
    But everyone is getting fewer stars - it is not as if some play UC and others don't. And f2p are still not able to beat paying players... So I really don't see the issue...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    paintbeastMadMonkeybigbeano