I just LOVE the freaking NML gold crates!

Yep! I do love them Nextgames. I love how they literally just silver crates with a different color. And I got a picture to prove it. Do you guys got any? Show me your love for the gold grates!

PS: Top right-Gold
Bottom Left-Silver
paintbeastSCBMAJadenJackBauerGaryballbigbeanoDLichDonCoquiSteinarCaptainslayerzeeblackPapacasDBonesenigma12buchizombiebreathI_Am_PsychoflyingcowkingDanielBez

Comments

• hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 244
    Smell fishy, like sarcasm

ArtisansPapacas
  • GaryballGaryball Member Posts: 5
    Even it is not a news, still get frustrated every time lol
    flyingcowking
  • anthony172anthony172 Member Posts: 663
    In this week i received a lot of legendary weapons from gold crates. Like 8/10 crates a receive legendary weapons the others was a legendary fragments, xp and radios and some epic.
    mack22ProjectX7
  • ProjectX7ProjectX7 Member Posts: 156
    > @anthony172 said:
    > In this week i received a lot of legendary weapons from gold crates. Like 8/10 crates a receive legendary weapons the others was a legendary fragments, xp and radios and some epic.

You lucky bas bird! How are you doing that and who in NG are you mind controlling
    TimboskiGaryball
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 414
    I just wish I could find the gold crates. Im on a bad luck spree. There will be 2 gold crates to find and I won’t pick any that are gold. I’ve missed 60 at least so far this weekend. :(
  • GeorgeRomeroGeorgeRomero Member Posts: 65
    That's exactly what I came here to post a message about. Two of the same level and same quality ( rare ) but 1 is gold while the other is silver. They are even for the same class so there's absolutely No difference. How is this fair?!
    > @GeorgeRomero said:
    > That's exactly what I came here to post a message about. Two of the same level and same quality ( rare ) but 1 is gold while the other is silver. They are even for the same class so there's absolutely No difference. How is this fair?!

It’s business my dear Romero! Hate the free stuff so you’ll by the expensive stuff!
    SPC_TORRES
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 165

I just wish I could find the gold crates. Im on a bad luck spree. There will be 2 gold crates to find and I won’t pick any that are gold. I’ve missed 60 at least so far this weekend. :(

The boxes are not random, their order is predetermined. Due to living in the boonies, i have crappy internet and frequent interuptions. Dozens of times the game has reconnecred after my second row. When i get back in, i still have 3 selections, most likely because the data did not flow back to the game. The first time this happened, there was a gold box still on the board. I picked 3 different boxes, yet received the exact same items and the gold box remained unopened.

I always open all 3 in column 1, watch commercial, open column 2. If i always follow this method, i should "find" 2/3 of all gold crates. This method removes luck but im pretty sure i find less than half of gold crates. So it is not random, its rigged to get you to use gold. And NG sells gold.

We need a bunch of people keeping track of their success rate at finding them. Only tally data on gold boxes and only go on runs when you have commercials coming. Seems we get about 4 an hour. I use the long lost bs to tell me when i can get commercials after a mission. Watch the movie, then go on up to 4 runs.

Always open the same 6 boxes! After you have at least 50 gold crate missions, determine your success rate. I guarantee it will be "unbalanced" in favor of failure. Now do it again but change 3 of the boxes. I do columns to make it easier. I started out doing the 2 outside. When i noticed way too many gold boxes unopened, i switched to left and middle. Magically i still had the same lost gold box issue. Then i had my first reconnect issue and it became crystal clear.

Its rigged.
    > @thisdoesfine said:
    > https://us.v-cdn.net/6025874/uploads/editor/3j/naf7z7d24mze.png
    >
    > Yep, lol

Hey! You ALMOST got back what you payed for when you got that green! Sweet!
    But! Credit where credit is deserved! NG seems to be able to know when I gave up on them because this happened! And before you say anything! It’s 13 because my highest survivor is 14.
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    Maybe its luck but I have noticed better crates on this challenge. Seen legendary weapons, legendary frag items at end of round. Good phone drops. Hope they have maybe adjusted the rate of drops.
  • RbredtRbredt Member Posts: 70
    Someone said that NG confirmed it does not matter what crates you open. The sequence of what you will get is controlled server side. The illusion that you have some input the process by clicking on different crates is just that, an illusion.
    dlbvalereee
    Ive actually started just clicking all same crates now due to that ... Pity if you have no choice over this. Maybe they will change it in the future.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,825
    It has been discussed here but that was along time ago. It's to prevent abusing disconnects.

What's in them is still random though, although a little in advance.
    TJSMabikiMystique
  • RbredtRbredt Member Posts: 70
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > It has been discussed here but that was along time ago. It's to prevent abusing disconnects.
    >
    > What's in them is still random though, although a little in advance.

Kinda like believing in omniscience and freewill at the same time. Leaves a sour taste.
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    MadPuppy said:

It has been discussed here but that was along time ago. It's to prevent abusing disconnects.

What's in them is still random though, although a little in advance.

I noticed this non-randomness recently as I'm having router issues and looking to replace it. When my router disconnects during chest picks, no matter what chests I open when I re-load the game, it's still the same ones (in the same order) that I previously chose.

I get it, to reduce cheating. The illusion could be change though, to speed things up.

Just present the 3 things we "get" then have the options to watch an ad for 3 more things and then the gold to get 3 more things.

With the complete lack of trust in a gold chest (I'll offer my previous post above for reference) there's really no reason to even display chests, just the items.
    ProjectX7 said:

> @thisdoesfine said:

> https://us.v-cdn.net/6025874/uploads/editor/3j/naf7z7d24mze.png

>

> Yep, lol

Hey! You ALMOST got back what you payed for when you got that green! Sweet!

Yes, ALMOST ;)

Unfortunately due to the fact that we have no control over creates, not really random and bad content in gold crates. I wont spend gold at all. Why would you knowing it is fixed. Like betting on a boxing match that you know is fixed. Unless you know who is going to win, why would you.
    System lord is feeding you bs. The lack of randomness has nothing to do with stopping cheating. Its all about getting you to spend gold so you will buy gold. Gold crates are disproportionately hidden in the third set. Start tracking you gold crates, take notice on how extremely rare it is to find gold in set one. I tracked it once but threw away my numbers in disgust. Solid 50% of gold crates cant be opened without using gold. And they claim its to prevent cheating. I will admit it, i tried the disconnect thing early on but could never get it to work. That pesky instant feedback being faster than my fingers thing. They have nerve, i give them that. They cheat us, then give an idiotic excuse for doing so.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    dlb said:

System lord is feeding you bs. The lack of randomness has nothing to do with stopping cheating. Its all about getting you to spend gold so you will buy gold. Gold crates are disproportionately hidden in the third set. Start tracking you gold crates, take notice on how extremely rare it is to find gold in set one. I tracked it once but threw away my numbers in disgust. Solid 50% of gold crates cant be opened without using gold. And they claim its to prevent cheating. I will admit it, i tried the disconnect thing early on but could never get it to work. That pesky instant feedback being faster than my fingers thing. They have nerve, i give them that. They cheat us, then give an idiotic excuse for doing so.

Wait, you admit to attempting to use an exploit, but claim the game designers are cheating us by preventing it?

The two things you are talking about above are not actually related. It's possible crate rewards are designed to encourage gold spending, but that has nothing to do with measures taken to prevent exploits. I would say more, but such topics are verboten here.

ShadowaceAz
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393
    edited February 2018

As my highest survivor is level 19, there’s no way except challenge crates can I be getting things of this level. I have more, but had limited merging space.

So yes, I have to confirm it is possible to get Epic and Legendary gear from gold Challenge crates.

Just my $0.02 cents worth of observations.

Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

MadPuppy
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,825
    Exactly. Random, preventing misuse, and hopefully working in such a way as to keep a ton of people employed and working hard on our favorite game.
    ShadowaceAz
  • ShadowaceAzShadowaceAz Member Posts: 3,393

Made sure to screen capture before making the bonus opening to show One gold box, first opening, 1 Legendary item for those who believe you can only hit the crate on the second or third opening thus forcing one to spend gold to get the crates.

SCORE!
    Descensus in cuniculi cavum
    Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
    Concordia

Did not say it was impossible to get gold crates on the first opening. I said it was waited disproportionately high towards mandatory spending of gold. If fairness of the game was the issue, they would have guaranteed that .333 of all gold, and lets not forget silver, crates would open with the first 3, the next .333 would open on the second, and the final .333 would open in gold only land.

The excuse they gave for their rigging of tha game is a non issue. I play on an 8 year old tablet on crappy rural internet service. If the alleged exploit existed, i would definitely be able to use it. But the feedback is too instantaneous to work with even the slowest possible set up. The only time it "works" is when my net crashes before i select boxes.

The fact that i experimented with a possible expoit is not relevant to the fact that they are cheating us by rigging the reward system. The two issues are mutually exclusive.
    What is relevant to this discussion is that they openly admit to the rigging and the excuse they give is so lame. Im shoked that people who are dumb enough to swallow thei lie exist. Im confused as to why madpuppy would even mention random when it not random at all.

If you are so interested in keeping people employed, maybe you should stop insulting your customers intelligence. I started out spending money, then i abruptly stopped. How many others just like me are out there? Forum feedback suggests quit a few. The sooner you stop assuming its because we are stupid, the sooner your revenues will stop their downward decline.
    DLich
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    edited February 2018
    @dlb
    You obviously don't fully understand the exploit that was taking place as many players that did understand it were taking full advantage of it.

This left NG will no choice to change the mechanics to how they are now. Also in making this change hasn't actually changed the chances of opening gold boxes.

To say it's rigged is simply false.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    MystiqueMabikiPutchuco
    @TJS they openly admit that they program the order in which specific crates open. That, in and of itself, is a rigged system. Nowhere in the game do they explain this fact and the crates are presented in a manner that makes them appear to subject to random chance. No, thats not fishy at all.

Take notice that they do not dispute my assertion that a disproportionate number of gold boxes are programmed to only be accessible by use of gold nor do they dispute my assertion that a disproportionately low number of gold boxes are available in the first selection. This programming is especially offensive because the players most likely to experience this screw job are the paying customers who have purchased full gas. I can get 4 commercials an hour. So after 10 mins, you only get 1 free roll at crates and that roll is intentionally rigged to screw players. But you think thats perfectly fine.

Im a bit confused as to how the change did not decrease the chances of obtaining gold boxes. If they system was alredy screwing you out of gold boxes, then why would they need to change it? If people were exploiting the system to get more gold boxes and this change eliminated that exploit, then the chance (probability) of getting a gold box went down. A person always picking the same 6 boxes would find 2/3 of all gold boxes over the long run in a fair system. Any system that intentionally does otherwise is rigged.

You got me, im not a good cheater. However, i do have a basic understanding of probability, which you obviously don't. I think i hear the system lords calling. They're serving kool-aid and i wouldn't want to prevent you from being first in line.