Third crate on Hammer and Saw should glow red

I never remember that the Goo Z is going to appear after I open the third crate on Hammer and Saw; and as a result, about half the time someone gets stunned. Given that I often use only ranged characters, that means VERY stunned (2 turns), because the original victim is adjacent to the Goo Z when their 'friends' gun it down.
Hasn't cost me a star yet... but it's only a matter of time (L21 or L22 Goo Z's hit plus its explosion will bruise most of my characters).

Thank you in advance if you change the glow to red as it seems that it should be.

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    The Goo Walker has always been in this map.

Nice tip @Mystique
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    Mystique
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,284
    Just tried this and it got me that third star for sure, thanks for the tip.
    Mystique
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Also you can sometimes run around him without getting hit, if you make your moves 1 action point at a time. Let him spawn and approach you, and then two-step around him.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    bigbeano
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Technically the goo walker isn't triggered by that specific crate, it's triggered by whichever crate you open last, so having that crate glow red wouldn't be proper unless they changed the coding. But blocking the spawn with that last crate is the best way to finish that mission.
    DoTakPutchucoTJSbigbeano
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I always place my team one step left of his spawn place so that I can kick in three times powerstrike (charged warrior and scout). Tummies a lot of extra XP.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    DoTak
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Tummies? Lol
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 497
    Good point, sbf. But don't similar levels (Old Bricks?) then just make them all glow red (regardless of which triggers the spawn)?
    Great tactic on the block, Mystique.
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    You're right that they all glow red on Old Bricks, even though the second crate you open is the only spawn trigger. In Something Useful, none of them glow red, even though the third one you open spawns walkers. Which is slightly different than The Odds, where there are more than three crates and the third lock crate spawns walkers in the exit zone (but none glow red). This is also different from some maps like Sunday Traffic where you open many different crates to get to the three locks, but the only ones that spawn walkers glow red. There are inconsistencies for sure, but it's easy enough to figure out which maps work what ways, and however long it would take the developers to make the similar ones more consistent would be better spent on some of the bugs that have been plaguing the game month after month (or over a year), though I have low expectations for stuff like retaliate/overwatch, revenge bugs, Michonne's leader trait, etc. that get passed over every time an update happens. I've got little hope, but since there won't be a council update or new heroes in 2.10, it's possible they might fix a bug or two.
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 497
    I hear you on where devs should spend time.
    I still think that Hammer and Saw fits the Old Bricks model: I just want a reminder that there's a spawn trigger. All red glow would be fine (I bet it takes about five minutes to retag the map objects or make a different method call in the mission-instantiation code).