Someone forgot to bring supplies to the supply event?

Is it just me, or are there no supplies in crates after the maps since Friday? I've only gotten supplies while running a couple supply missions, just to see if they were actually dropping. A lot of you end gamers don't care, but, I'm trying to build my camp and was kiiiiiiind of excited to see the event.
CBgaming1969Kazbababooey

Comments

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    In challenges, difficulty 23+ no supplies in after mission crates.
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DLichI_Am_PsychoKaz
  • thisdoesfinethisdoesfine Member Posts: 360
    > @TJS said:
    > In challenges, difficulty 23+ no supplies in after mission crates.

Really?

My survivors are 19 and 20. I'm on 26.2, figured I would be getting lots of supplies to get my camp built to get some survivors to 21 one day.

I basically just do the weekly challenge for my supplies, this is horrible news if so.

@Kaz ? @Shteevie ?
  • TJSTJS Member Posts: 4,501
    It's not something new @thisdoesfine

Goodluck!
    -
    TJS  -  Member of W-S
    Nation Wars 🇦🇺 Australian Team Captain
    DLichanderfm12
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited February 2018
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/22398/update-notes-2-4#latest

2.4 this was chsnged a year ago. Back then it was lvl 20. As survivor levels increase the maximum increases but this is nothing new and been in place for 12 months now.

“Maximum-level Player Rewards
    Players at the maximum Camp Level [currently level 58] will see the following changes to their rewards and UI:

Supplies will no longer be given as an award for the following events or reward types:
    Killing Walkers on the Camp wall
    Mission crates after missions of difficulty 20 or greater
    Silver or Gold Trade crates purchased with Trade Goods
    Guild Gifts
    Cinema video ad rewards

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    TJS
    edited February 2018

Is it just me, or are there no supplies in crates after the maps since Friday? I've only gotten supplies while running a couple supply missions, just to see if they were actually dropping. A lot of you end gamers don't care, but, I'm trying to build my camp and was kiiiiiiind of excited to see the event.

The note from 2.4 says this should only affect those who are maximum level. Are you player lvl 67 @thisdoesfine ? If you’re less than lvl 67 then it shouldn’t affect you if I’m reading it correct.

Are you an “end gamer”

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    If @thisdoesfine is still building camp then he's not maxed right?

What's your camp level @thisdoesfine ?
    DLich
    > @MadPuppy said:
    > If @thisdoesfine is still building camp then he's not maxed right?
    >
    > What's your camp level @thisdoesfine ?

Player level 57, council level 19.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,431
    When I raised this is a problem, I was basically told it doesn't matter and to deny my guild stars while scavenging instead.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/274423/#Comment_274423

@Shteevie gave this explanation, so I doubt they'll change the implementation such that supplies in crates are only removed for maxed players.
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/275071#Comment_275071
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    jimmorrison369
    "Weekend events" should be changed to "Challenge Events" since when the weekend event started, I was already past the legitimacy of the event. I don't get to spend my supplies on stuff, because it would be dumb, and I don't get to see double supplies because they don't exist.

I've noticed my camp advancement has decreased lately, now I understand how.

Sorry if I'm new to the discussion, I'm just a player trying to grow.
    I thought it was max camp level only. Been at 67 so long haven’t paid attention. Didn’t know it didn’t only affect end gamers.

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    Next to max players not getting supplies from all other possible ways.

RSL missions above 23 Never give supplies to anyone. (No matter your player level)
    SCBMATJSI_Am_Psychoanderfm12
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,632
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > Next to max players not getting supplies from all other possible ways.
    >
    > RSL missions above 23 Never give supplies to anyone. (No matter your player level)

Unless it’s a supply scavenge mission.
    jimmorrison369I_Am_Psycho
  • youngbesyzyoungbesyz Member Posts: 60
    They want you to buy that full supplies bundle lol
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    Nothing but crappy amounts of xp and low equipment just as soon as they announced double supplies:(****
    The UC should have better after mission crates!!!!
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited February 2018
    Thanks everybody for the answers, they are all correct :D

@thisdoesfine @CBgaming1969

I'm sorry to hear that! If you are looking for Supplies, I would recommend The Distance in the Normal Difficulty and Scavenge missions. Other than that, your farm is producing supplies twice as fast.

This won't change for this event, but I'm taking a note here to see if we could do something different next time we run this event.

Thanks for speaking your mind! :)
    DLichCBgaming1969
  • rustynailrustynail Member Posts: 145
    I was more than happy to get rid of some tomato cans in exchange for a couple pieces of level 23 legendary gear. Don’t really care about the traits. I get full up with tomato supplies and running out of recipes. Working on tomato wine now.
    Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
    youngbesyzKazChiefkeoShadowaceAz
    > @Kaz said:
    > Thanks everybody for the answers, they are all correct :D
    >
    > @thisdoesfine @CBgaming1969
    >
    > I'm sorry to hear that! If you are looking for Supplies, I would recommend The Distance in the Normal Difficulty and Scavenge missions. Other than that, your farm is producing supplies twice as fast.
    >
    > This won't change for this event, but I'm taking a note here to see if we could do something different next time we run this event.
    >
    > Thanks speaking your mind! :)

Thanks for replying. As far as scavenging and the distance on normal, is rather just not play the game. The main reason I play is to join a guild and work together as a team to get group rewards. I run very few scavenge missions, generally just when they are part of a daily quest. I always want my rare fragments from the distance on hard so I wouldn't waste time running it on normal. Even on my secondabout that has level 17 survivors, the distance on normal doesn't have enough of an appeal to really do it. Like 6 or 7 rounds in we get 8 hero tokens? No thanks lol.

Anyways, I got really negative there. Again, thanks for responding @Kaz and I hope something different with supplies happens next time it comes around. I would love double supplies, the whole challenge. =}
    Kaz
    > @youngbesyz said:
    > They want you to buy that full supplies bundle lol

Not me. I'll toss a couple towards 2xp or full gas though.
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @Kaz

We were promised a permanent solution to maxed supplies a LONG time ago.

The "No supply drops after a certain RSL" "solution" is, frankly, horse shit.

It seems (to me, at least) that the simplest solution would be to turn off all supply drops when players are maxed on supplies. Wouldn't that be a simple if/then line of code?

Now, I know (and I'm assuming here, not speaking for NG), "That would ruin the delicate game economy". I say that is horse shit too. At the absolute bare minimum, NG could code it so that supply drops, when maxed, could become a higher percentage of 1*-3* gear. That would be a paltry amount of xp (because, let's be honest, 1*-3* gear is instant scrap), but still better than watching all those supplies go toward absolutely nothing.

End gamers have gotten the shaft in this game (in many ways) for far too long. It's way past time for NG to, at the very least, throw us a bone.
    JadenSCBMAI_Am_Psychowrinkled_bag
    > @Kaz said:
    > Thanks everybody for the answers, they are all correct :D
    >
    > @thisdoesfine @CBgaming1969
    >
    > I'm sorry to hear that! If you are looking for Supplies, I would recommend The Distance in the Normal Difficulty and Scavenge missions. Other than that, your farm is producing supplies twice as fast.
    >
    > This won't change for this event, but I'm taking a note here to see if we could do something different next time we run this event.
    >
    > Thanks for speaking your mind! :)

Thanks @Kaz I already did both while I was healing from UC missions, you know the old saying, "three missions, one mission car" as I knew about the double distance
    Kaz said:

I'm sorry to hear that! If you are looking for Supplies, I would recommend The Distance in the Normal Difficulty and Scavenge missions. Other than that, your farm is producing supplies twice as fast.

This won't change for this event, but I'm taking a note here to see if we could do something different next time we run this event.

Thanks for speaking your mind! :)

Hopefully you can consider it as a permanent fix; not just for supplies events.

It's clearly a design flaw resulting from a change made to prevent maxed players being awarded tomatos, because in their case the tomatoes are worthless. But for or everyone else, they are needed for growth.

The advice to play easy Distance and Scavenge unfortunately doesn't address this issue.

I'm actually not training survivors INTENTIONALLY because of this issue. I still get the problem, but 3 rounds later (18 missions) later - obviously different maths for this week.

jimmorrison369
    At +6. Yeah thanks for the rewards at high levels :|

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,726
    I will say this last double supply event. I was averaging over 200k supplies a scavenge this time around the number seemed closer to 140k. Last time I was able to literally go from level 20-23 in one swift move. This time I didn't even get all the supplies needed to hit level 67

IDK if @kaz can confirm or deny this event was a little nerfed than the previous but it surely did seem that way.