This week's challenge and weekend event!

Comments

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,088
    @DLich

If I see a $400 tv that’s regularly $410 I’m probably not gonna but it. If I see a $400 tv that’s regularly $800 I’m more inclined to buy it because I think I’m getting a deal.

That's how I feel on bundles ^

But any who most of the time NG says better it ends up being pretty darn good we can look at the radio days and see that, besides the event ending bad because they didn't have an insurance team and the ad went out wrong. So lets be fair see how it aims out. I wish the event was starting now because I have shit to do Saturday and cant play, but don't want to get too high on stars because then I have little motivation to play meaning this might not be worth wild to me

Rbredtromeo
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited February 2018
    Great new event thanks NG!

Good way to keep a good positive flow of things lately
    KazKyrusanniesprinklesDrUnpleasant
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    I think we can all agree Kaz is the Ultimate Forum being...

JenngKazSteinarromeo
  • Cefr0Cefr0 Member Posts: 8
    If you want to really shut down the haters and do us all a solid, surprise free badge swapping on top of it all would be a cherry!
    Papacas
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,664
    Thanks @Kaz

I've told my Guild leaders in the Zombrex Family to not enforce Star minimums this challenge, so members can feel free top Scavenge to their heart's content.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Kazromeo
  • DanielBezDanielBez Member Posts: 101
    Please please please, let's use this weekend event to manage our bagdes freely!!!!!!
    Papacas
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 504
    > @BiggyGuyinTWD said:
    > Thanks @Kaz
    >
    > I've told my Guild leaders in the Zombrex Family to not enforce Star minimums this challenge, so members can feel free top Scavenge to their heart's content.
    >
    >

@BiggyGuyinTWD The challenge crates contain components too
    DoTak
  • huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 213
    Kaz,

The way you communicate with us is a welcomed relief. I am so happy we have an advocate for the players. Great job!
    Proud Elder with Badger Hounds
    KazBill_ZRTScowley
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I am prepared and expecting to get at least one legendary +25% damage badge out of it.

But as a side comment doesnt this event lead to hoarding components like radios ?
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    KaLiAndrea
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    Do we have the same chances of getting components with challenge, story, food scavenge, xp scavenge or equipment scavenge missions?
    Also is component drop rate same for mission difficulty 23 and 28 for example?
    romeoPigBenis
  • Edd8Edd8 Member Posts: 132
    > @JackBauer said:
    > I am prepared and expecting to get at least one legendary +25% damage badge out of it.
    >
    > But as a side comment doesnt this event lead to hoarding components like radios ?

Unless the better chance isn't really better. I have 200 badges to craf, will see how better it is.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    I don't hoard radio's but other than initially making a few, I never made badges until the free badge swap events and still learned something different after the last swap...so I am ready for the next swap to play
  • SpeedsSpeeds Member Posts: 64
    @kaz

Although I am pretty sure it is not the case, I would hate my self if I did not ask:

Will the chances of getting higher rarity components out of trade shop Component Crates be tweaked as well?
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 566
    Great idea for a weekend event.

On the flipside, if I get another Epic from my legendary components then I'll invoice NG for a new phone to replace the one that'll hit my wall at 100mph.
    JadenDBonesbigbeano
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    edited February 2018

@Kaz

Hey man, you getting requests left and right haha.

LET me add one more.

Since pretty much everyone (that I know) is going to either skip or go light on The Distance this weekend in favor of Component hunting, how about you make one teeny tiny itty bitty change to entice us into the Distance....

Make them Epic Components GOLD COMPONENTS??

You know... Just for this weekend Distance :smiley:

I think this is a great idea to promote The Distance, but maybe not for another event. Sorry! :(
    aquila said:

Do we have the same chances of getting components with challenge, story, food scavenge, xp scavenge or equipment scavenge missions?

Also is component drop rate same for mission difficulty 23 and 28 for example?

Yeah, same odds of getting components in any mission! Just remember that the mission has to be difficulty 15 or above!
    AND higher difficulty missions don't affect the components drop rate.
    JackBauer said:

I am prepared and expecting to get at least one legendary +25% damage badge out of it.

But as a side comment doesnt this event lead to hoarding components like radios ?

Maaaybe, but is it a bad thing? Let me get your feedback after the event ends! :)

Kaz,

The way you communicate with us is a welcomed relief. I am so happy we have an advocate for the players. Great job!

Thank you! (:
    Speeds said:

@kaz

Although I am pretty sure it is not the case, I would hate my self if I did not ask:

Will the chances of getting higher rarity components out of trade shop Component Crates be tweaked as well?

We'll have better bundles in the Component shop as well. (:

Great idea for a weekend event.

On the flipside, if I get another Epic from my legendary components then I'll invoice NG for a new phone to replace the one that'll hit my wall at 100mph.

Well, we can't guarantee you are going to get a legendary, but maybe you can give it a try with some common components, see how it goes and if you are happy, go for the legendary ones! :)
    aquilaKyrusDrUnpleasantPapacas
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 250
    Thanks @Kaz , you're very clear and helpful.
    Kaz
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 566
    edited February 2018
    Kaz said:

Well, we can't guarantee you are going to get a legendary, but maybe you can give it a try with some common components, see how it goes and if you are happy, go for the legendary ones! :)

Well, I'll do that and maybe make a video of my phone hitting the wall when after 50 successful attempts with commons I get a fail with the Legendaries.

Seriously though, I really like the idea of the weekend and like many others I'm sure, will be purchasing a gas top-up or two for the occasion.

Thanks for the reply.
    Kaz
  • The_OvercomerThe_Overcomer Member Posts: 182
    edited February 2018
    @kaz All I can say is awesome, Awesome, AWESOME. Love your work and what your trying to do for us. Can't wait to see how our VERY FIRST component drop / crafting chance improve event goes. I am honestly really excited. Love all the other replies too. LEGEND !!!!!!
    KyrusKazKaLi_Lily_
  • ElkadorElkador Member Posts: 81
    I would love this event if i had enough components. I have fragments in green blue and gold but no component to build any badge and if NG will not change the badgecrafting situation where all gold elements will build an epic badge in 60% of all my tries i will not try to build new badges

don't know if my words are clear enough because i don't know all the words in english *g*
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,664
    edited February 2018
    > @Steeboon said:
    > > @BiggyGuyinTWD said:
    > > Thanks @Kaz
    > >
    > > I've told my Guild leaders in the Zombrex Family to not enforce Star minimums this challenge, so members can feel free top Scavenge to their heart's content.
    > >
    > >
    >
    > @BiggyGuyinTWD The challenge crates contain components too

Yes I know, but higher level challenge missions take a lot of time, strategizing finding a way. Add in hospital times etc.

I decided this momentous event warranted a break from that grind. You know, so you can grind elsewhere ;-)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    bigbeano
  • romeoromeo Member Posts: 608
    i agree. when we full of tomatoes and doing challenge missions that still gives tomatoes....that sucks. scavange for xp or equipment will surely give what we want.
  • CBgaming1969CBgaming1969 Member Posts: 1,359
    > @Kaz said:
    > @Kaz
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey man, you getting requests left and right haha.
    >
    >
    >
    > LET me add one more.
    >
    >
    >
    > Since pretty much everyone (that I know) is going to either skip or go light on The Distance this weekend in favor of Component hunting, how about you make one teeny tiny itty bitty change to entice us into the Distance....
    >
    >
    >
    > Make them Epic Components GOLD COMPONENTS??
    >
    >
    >
    > You know... Just for this weekend Distance :smiley:
    >
    > I think this is a great idea to promote The Distance, but maybe not for another event. Sorry! :( Do we have the same chances of getting components with challenge, story, food scavenge, xp scavenge or equipment scavenge missions?
    >
    > Also is component drop rate same for mission difficulty 23 and 28 for example?
    >
    > Yeah, same odds of getting components in any mission! Just remember that the mission has to be difficulty 15 or above!
    > AND higher difficulty missions don't affect the components drop rate.
    > I am prepared and expecting to get at least one legendary +25% damage badge out of it.
    >
    >
    >
    > But as a side comment doesnt this event lead to hoarding components like radios ?
    >
    > Maaaybe, but is it a bad thing? Let me get your feedback after the event ends! :) Kaz,
    >
    > The way you communicate with us is a welcomed relief. I am so happy we have an advocate for the players. Great job!
    >
    > Thank you! (: @kaz
    >
    > Although I am pretty sure it is not the case, I would hate my self if I did not ask:
    >
    > Will the chances of getting higher rarity components out of trade shop Component Crates be tweaked as well?
    >
    > We'll have better bundles in the Component shop as well. (: Great idea for a weekend event.
    >
    > On the flipside, if I get another Epic from my legendary components then I'll invoice NG for a new phone to replace the one that'll hit my wall at 100mph.
    >
    > Well, we can't guarantee you are going to get a legendary, but maybe you can give it a try with some common components, see how it goes and if you are happy, go for the legendary ones! :)

This weekend event is also a glaring example of the simple fact that they really should add after mission crates to the distance or permanently reduce the gas cost to 1!!

I know they want us to play the distance everytime!
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 247
    Hey @Kaz I have a question for ya regarding the event:
    I've seen the example of "crafting common components could result in an epic badge" a couple of times, so by that token, will uncommon components yield legendaries? If that's the case, would doing rare components increase the odds of getting a legendary badge? And if THAT'S the case, is there any chance that mixing legendary components (essentially) guarantees a legendary badge?
    We'll I guess that's three questions... Hopefully you have time to answer them all. Thanks in advance!
  • KazKaz Member Posts: 1,423
    jrodrf2 said:

Hey @Kaz I have a question for ya regarding the event:

I've seen the example of "crafting common components could result in an epic badge" a couple of times, so by that token, will uncommon components yield legendaries? If that's the case, would doing rare components increase the odds of getting a legendary badge? And if THAT'S the case, is there any chance that mixing legendary components (essentially) guarantees a legendary badge?

We'll I guess that's three questions... Hopefully you have time to answer them all. Thanks in advance!

Great question!

So since it's all based on chances, all common, during the event, can create epic badges. It's a small chance, but it's possible. All uncommon can't create a Legendary one, but it increases your chance of getting an Epic one and so on. But anyway, you can see the rarity range in the game already, so the maximum you can get will be displayed under the components you are using! :dizzy:
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,784
    > @Kaz said:
    > Hey @Kaz I have a question for ya regarding the event:
    >
    > I've seen the example of "crafting common components could result in an epic badge" a couple of times, so by that token, will uncommon components yield legendaries? If that's the case, would doing rare components increase the odds of getting a legendary badge? And if THAT'S the case, is there any chance that mixing legendary components (essentially) guarantees a legendary badge?
    >
    > We'll I guess that's three questions... Hopefully you have time to answer them all. Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Great question!
    >
    > So since it's all based on chances, all common, during the event, can create epic badges. It's a small chance, but it's possible. All uncommon can't create a Legendary one, but it increases your chance of getting an Epic one and so on. But anyway, you can see the rarity range in the game already, so the maximum you can get will be displayed under the components you are using! :dizzy:

Has there been a change to the chances at the top end? I've got enough for 3 all legendary crafts and I'm hesitating to use them before I see some of the results or if there is confirmation the chances have been improved. I've had far too many epics so far!
    TJS
  • warlordfwarlordf Member Posts: 220
    "we are reducing the gas cost of Scavenge missions for everyone" here its still 5 or maybe i get something wrong?